Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watt to remain at The Valley (ed. GONE Blackburn to get much needed game time again)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016

I also have it from a very very reliable source within the football industry players are on silly money, and are no where near the first team.

That's an interesting thought @WhenIwasLittleBoy - if that's true then it would make our recruitment policy (as well as our financial ambitions) look even more utterly stupid.
  • Options
    at least by the time we visit leeds we will already be relegated so wont matter too much.
  • Options
    This is utter bollocks if true. I really hope SLP have got this all wrong but I doubt it.
  • Options
    I doubt it too - it basically proves how inept the whole network is. There is no way Riga would want him to go. He was arguably our best player on Saturday - at least in the top 2 or 3. How does losing him, help us stay up?
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I also have it from a very very reliable source within the football industry players are on silly money, and are no where near the first team.

That's an interesting thought @WhenIwasLittleBoy - if that's true then it would make our recruitment policy (as well as our financial ambitions) look even more utterly stupid.
    A friend of ours is a first team coach at a London club and is a good friend with a coach at Charlton and goes to went to watch the under 21's the other week with regards to taking a player a to his club. When asked by the member of the Charlton staff how much do you think he is on and was told he couldn't believe it and said he wouldn't even get in their team.
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

A friend of ours is a first team coach at a London club and is a good friend with a coach at Charlton and goes to went to watch the under 21's the other week with regards to taking a player a to his club. When asked by the member of the Charlton staff how much do you think he is on and was told he couldn't believe it and said he wouldn't even get in their team.
    Some lawyer... negotiating the best deal for the player instead of the club. No idea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Curb_It said:

LuckyReds said:

Some lawyer... negotiating the best deal for the player instead of the club. No idea.
    Inflated wages on overly long contracts. Nice one, Kat.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

It was clear last week he did not want to be at Charlton , very frosty if a few team mates the fact that he would not pass to Gudmunsson and stayed pretty much away from him says it all ...
    Then he had a bust up with Harriott and Euell , it proved to Riga it not going to happen

Absolute crap as ever. Re-inventing history in your own alternative reality.

I made a point of watching him before kick-off and he embraced every player except for JBG. Saying he wouldn't pass to certain players is shite.

About the only thing that has a semblence of truth is the "words" between him and Euell. Hardly a bust up.

I did the same thing and noticed that too. If I came to the game as a neutral and having not heard rumours I'd have thought it would be JBG who is the unpopular one in the changing room, didn't seem to naturally embrace anyone as well as just always looking like a loner. I did however also follow my observation into the match and Watt probably passed to JBG more than anyone so once again Colin is off in his own little world.
    Watt passed to JBG plenty of times

It was JBG who wouldn't pass to watt
  • Options

Curb_It said:

LuckyReds said:

In the coaches words "the club is a shambles"
    Which, if understood by potential recruits, would be why they would demand exorbitant wages (and why they'd get them).

Let's face it, if you were a parent or agent of a talented young player, would you leave them to the mercy of the Network?????
  • Options
    Mind you some of the stuff you hear and what players are on is mind blowing. Some of the Millwall players a couple of years ago were on premiership money, frightening, being paid £18k a week. Smith who we let go to Swindon was on £1,600 a week.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Would rather get rid of Vaz and say Ba who have done fuck all and probably on similar money between them

But nah lets get rid of a decent player eh?

100% this.

Non footballing people making footballing decisions ... disgusting.
  • Options
    He's been one of the only bright sparks this year so far, he's entertaining to watch. Ridiculous decision if true.
  • Options
    Can he actually play for 3 clubs in 1 season..
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Cardiff was a emergency loan, so he can go on loan to the end of the season to another club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iamdan said:

yes, because he was only on an emergency loan. Harriott, for example, can't because his loan stretched across both the summer and winter windows.
  • Options
    Lump on the millers Saturday. Like printing money
  • Options
    Missed It said:

I did wonder if last week was the last time we'd see Tony Watt in a Charlton shirt. Not surprising is it. Regardless of how badly we need a goal scorer they would rather get Watt off the payroll and meet their stingy budget.

This is what it's all about. Katrien's target is to meet budgets, football and league status are secondary. Let's get them out of our club.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

It was clear last week he did not want to be at Charlton , very frosty if a few team mates the fact that he would not pass to Gudmunsson and stayed pretty much away from him says it all ...
    Then he had a bust up with Harriott and Euell , it proved to Riga it not going to happen

Because Gudmundsson has been just magical with the ball recently hasn't he? I wouldn't pass to him either.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

LuckyReds said:

Probably why she isn't practising any more B!!! I'd be more than happy for her to be on the other side of the table!! :smile:
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Sollied said:

Stop with this crap Colin, it started off being two senior players wanted him out, then Carol, JJ and Euell, then it was JBG (who btw last year was Watt's best mate), now it's Harriott and Euell, who you want to name next? Tea lady, GK coach, physio????

Fox was his best mate....
    For the record because it seems you can't read , he fell out with Luzon that's why he was dropped , he then caused issues with more then one player but had a come together with Gudmunsdon ... JJ and Euell went to KM and told her he as to go ....he was banned from the training ground for a few days to cool down

That's why we offered him out to any club just to get rid , Saturday think it was Riga giving him one chance to prove he was committed to the club , it was clear he was not ,clearly problems with team mates . Then after saying something to Harriott he had words with Euell and then stepped in to cool the situation .
    If it was a football reason we would sell him not rush him out the door on a loan because we need the money to re invest .

Sure the club would love him to stay from a football point of view but this is not to do with what happens on the field of play

How do you know that this is true? Do you know someone who was there when all this happened? Or is it just what you have read on Social Media and Football forums?