Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watt to remain at The Valley (ed. GONE Blackburn to get much needed game time again)

Comments

• Options

Now we know why they played him against Blackburn.

You cynic. Probably correct, though :-(
  • Options
    Not a chance are they going to find a better forward before the window closes. That would involve them actually bothering to look of course.
  • Options

actually think this may be the straw that breaks a few more fans backs. Watt comes back, MOM performance, said people happy, loaned out again, same said people now unhappy. Cue more fans to join the revolution.
    Correct.
  • Options
    Great... We send him to another team who could quite easily be dragged into the relegation battle.

Go and do your duty for Charlton; Agent Watt
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So either we are letting a struggling team pull further away by loaning them our best striker to partner Jordan Rhodes to fire them to safety

OR

We are letting a team who is about to sell their best player for ~10m not spend any of that money on our best striker and let them cover themselves until the end of the season for a pittance.
  • Options
    About cutting the wage bill down.. pathetic pathetic pathetic stuff from the Club. But they think signing Oxford will appease the fans as the news is being released at the same time.
  • Options

So either we are letting a struggling team pull further away by loaning them our best striker to partner Jordan Rhodes to fire them to safety

OR

We are letting a team who is about to sell their best player for ~10m not spend any of that money on our best striker and let them cover themselves until the end of the season for a pittance.

We're a basket case of a football club. As bad as giving Yann and Morrison away for nothing.
  • Options
    We don't need strikers the amount we score!
    Vaz Te is the answer! Maybe Roger J can have a go up front.
  • Options
    This is timely ahead of our biggest game so far this season. If it happens I think I've finally had enough of this, honestly the biggest joke of the RD reign.
  • Options
    Thanks to the internet it is now possible to be really well informed and completely wrong at the same time.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    What a load of old bollocks. goes on loan, returns from loan for 1 game and then joins the team he played against on loan.

Oxford comes in and the fans get a little bit of hope, the a couple of hours later they stick the knife in again.

• Options

About cutting the wage bill down.. pathetic pathetic pathetic stuff from the Club.

How are we over budget on wages, when she has been doing the deals?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This will harshly dent morale within the squad and management.

Moronic timing of actions that don't need to be taken.
  • Options
    Watt's already played 3 times against Blackburn this season, twice in January, so it's made their scouting pretty easy...
  • Options

?

I don't think Blackburn had accepted an offer from boro at the time for Rhodes so doubt we were trying to flog him to Blackburn by playing him against them.

Anyone interested in Watt could just look at what he did whilst at Cardiff
    The way Hanley smashed into him several times tells me you're probably right.
  • Options
    If true sadly goes our best forward, better than Vaz Te, Piggott, Grant, Reza and big super Mak!
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

This will harshly dent morale within the squad and management.

Moronic timing of actions that don't need to be taken.

To me it's a crazy decision, but, not privy to his antics on the training ground or his relationship with the different players when he's at work.

If we don't stay up this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back,
    for every one not with the raging Hump already.
  • Options

I honestly can't take this shit anymore.
    I really thought I'd be amongst the last to crack, but I won't be renewing our season tickets, irrespective of which division we are in.
    I've attended since I was 7, had a season ticket for over 30 years and was part of the Valley party along with my Dad.
    I absolutely love Charlton, but the mismanagement of the club and the arrogance of those in charge is beyond belief.
    I cannot bring myself to give these bastards one more penny of my cash.

Agree wholeheartedly.
  • Options

I thought Riga said he determined whether Tony had a future at Charlton!

Board is in full control of everything

wouldn't surprise me if they were trying to sort a deal behind his back
  • Options
    i was firmly in @mid_life_crisis camp but this has done it they can fuck off now, ill be going to a few more away days this season as i enjoy them and its more about a day out and a chance to see pals, as for home games they can poke it, will be coming down to protest but thats it, until drastic changes happen even if by some miracle we stay up is it going to be scraping by every season.