Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watt to remain at The Valley (ed. GONE Blackburn to get much needed game time again)

Comments

• Options

"Jose Riga will play a central role in deciding the future of Tony Watt, News Shopper understands.

The Scottish striker will return to Charlton tomorrow morning following his loan spell at Cardiff."

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14212146.Charlton_Athletic_boss_to_have_big_say_on_Watt___s_future/

The cynic in me says this is all part of a finely orchestrated pr jobby which gives the impression that Riga is in charge so that the customers get back onside
  • Options

"Jose Riga will play a central role in deciding the future of Tony Watt, News Shopper understands.

The Scottish striker will return to Charlton tomorrow morning following his loan spell at Cardiff."

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14212146.Charlton_Athletic_boss_to_have_big_say_on_Watt___s_future/

Riga has to make the decision as there is no-one else there.
  • Options

"finally orchestrated Pr" cant be talking about the CAFC i know

New head of comms muppet must be starting around now though.....
  • Options

I hope Riga decides he wants him and I hope Watt plays out of his skin just to prove a point. He can knock Jackson out sparko every week if it stops us getting relegated. After that he should stop though. I like Jackson.

It's Gudmundsson he'll be knocking out if anyone.
  • Options
    Ketts on Dr Kish:
    Declining the opportunity to extend the loan suggests the Addicks could have an alternative buyer.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Ketts on Dr Kish:
    Declining the opportunity to extend the loan suggests the Addicks could have an alternative buyer.

Well it wouldn't make sense to loan out a player worth at least £1m, the loan to Cardiff was very much a "temp to perm" arrangement!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Ketts on Dr Kish:

Didn't someone say on here that under the rules Cardiff could contribute to wages but not offer a loan fee. Therefore maybe a more lucrative loan, or a sale is likely
  • Options
    Leeds..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I hope Riga decides he wants him and I hope Watt plays out of his skin just to prove a point. He can knock Jackson out sparko every week if it stops us getting relegated. After that he should stop though. I like Jackson.

It's Gudmundsson he'll be knocking out if anyone.
    To be honest, the way he's been playing Watt doesn't need to stop if he doesn't want to
  • Options
    Watt is a match winner. Just need him to want to play for us in this relegation campaign. I'm sure if asked he would join the protest!
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

"finally orchestrated Pr" cant be talking about the CAFC i know

New head of comms muppet must be starting around now though.....
    When does Max Clifford get out of the big house?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Leeds..

They were interested but not seen anything lately.
  • Options
    Do not forget, when JJ was asked questions about the team before Watt went to Cardiff, he was asked who is the "player with the least intelligence", (cannot remember the exact words), he answered Watt, not good for team building.
  • Options
    Bet he ends up back on loan at Cardiff.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Leeds..

They were interested but not seen anything lately.
    Colin is that you?
  • Options
    Maybe Riga has tools to get the best out of Watt.

If we go down, we will sell him & if we stay up, i expect we will sell him, might aswell try and get the best out of him now!
  • Options

Maybe Riga has tools to get the best out of Watt.

If we go down, we will sell him & if we stay up, i expect we will sell him, might aswell try and get the best out of him now!

That sounds fair enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This won't end well. Football is littered with clubs and /or managers who think they can buck the trend and turn bad boys and underachievers round. It usually ends in tears and an acrimonious transfer.
  • Options
    According to Wales Online, Charlton had relied on the £2 Million figure they were set to receive from Cardiff for Watt’s services in order to strengthen the squad in the January window. Charlton will now look to cash in on the 22-year-old but if they cannot find a new club then a loan deal may be revived later on in the January window.
  • Options
    Leeds United have enquired about Charlton’s Tony Watt.

Watt had a medical last Friday at Cardiff City,which he passed, as his loan was due to expire and was expected to be signed by the Welsh Club for a £1million fee. Cardiff City were still haggling over the price with Charlton and in the mean time Cardiff were hit earlier than expected with a Transfer Embargo.
  • Options
    Can't RD pull a favour and sell him for £20m + Ajdarevic to Liege?