Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Huddersfield v Charlton post match views 2015/16

Comments

• HandG said:

Son was at the game spoke to him straight after, he was laughing thats how bad it has become. It cost him £150 to go up on the day and stay overnight...he bought his ticket up there not sure how JJs going to refund him.

I'm sure the players will find a way if he provides proof of purchase and contacts them
    If the club are involved with the refund procedure, as JJ insinuated, don't expect it to be straightforward....
    The club will probably say that its not for the players to say that refunds can be offered and that unfortunately, the offer has been retracted
  • Has anyone else noticed that this 5-0 defeat is a few days short of when we lost 5-0 @ Watford last season.

We turned it around after that match, we didn't see that happening after what went on at Vicarage Road... Can anyone else see us doing the same again this season...? - Nope, me neither!!

Watford were a promotion chasing side, Huddersfield are dogshit in comparison.Says is all about us.
  • Latimer said:

I'mlearnt last night Huddersfield's new boss has put in a new training regime.

Twice a a day, every day gentle intensity in the morning, intense at 3pm for a Saturday kick off, and get this 7.45pm for the intense session for an evening game. They came in on Monday night. Conditioning the mind and body clocks for the time of day it's needed. And it showed, we couldn't get near them, they were like a swarm out of possession, creative, pacy when they had it, down the flanks or through the middle.

Every player in their match squad was either youth developed, or had championship experience, with the wisest of heads at the back, Mark Hudson. Martin Crainie on the bench too, remember him.

Their opener is a die hard Huddersfield supporter who made his fortune in the greeting cards industry. And they have fan engagement, bucket loads. Reaccommodated the noisy crew behind the goal, post match supporter briefings to 300+ where I heard players, the academy coach and others talk. I too was allowed to give them an update on the appalling circumstances at our club.

You could sense a renewed energy around the ground, I was in the home end in a friend's box with two other Charlton fans and they were gracious yet astonished at what is going on.

Hendo...gutted at the end of the match and in iphis interview.

Can we sink any lower?

Now this is a match day experience. Not sofas and house music.
  • Has anyone else noticed that this 5-0 defeat is a few days short of when we lost 5-0 @ Watford last season.

We turned it around after that match, we didn't see that happening after what went on at Vicarage Road... Can anyone else see us doing the same again this season...? - Nope, me neither!!

let's hope, no DEMAND, that history repeats itself ((:>)
  • Well I cant wait for more correct decisions to be made, because now is the time

let's hope, no DEMAND, that history repeats itself ((:>)
    Nah, I don't want Luzon back thanks!
  • I’ve sometimes thought that what is wrong with post-match views is that we know the outcome and it is too easy to be wise after the event. But were we wise during the event? To try and answer this question in my case I’ve attempted to re-create my thoughts as honestly as possible as the game unfolded.

3 mins: we’re playing 4-1-4-1 – going to be defensive, but more sense than some of the recent suicidal formations, so not criticising KF for the set-up

15 mins: we’re offering nothing going forward – defensively we’re playing our system with discipline – could make it hard for Huddersfield to break down

17 mins (first goal): Fox allows their winger to turn past him so easily - gives him a free cross – very poor

40 mins: technically we’ve been very poor – they react much faster – are moving and thinking quicker than us – we didn’t collapse after the goal – have kept shape – could be worse

44 mins (second goal): cross from their right – Henderson comes for it – not under challenge – straightforward catch – oops, it’s slipped through his hands – played back in by H player and turned in by H player standing on goal-line – offside? – not given

HT: bit unlucky to be two down – any good points? – two central defenders have been solid – Poyet is the one player on our side who anticipates - most of theirs do

60 mins: getting a bit ragged at times – Williams is leaving his place in the middle 4 to get forward on occasion – can’t see the point – he doesn’t have the ability to do damage up there

62 mins (double sub): TH-D for MF – makes sense, Fox has been very poor – Reza for Williams – also makes sense – will mean we go to 4-4-2 – an attempt to find some attacking threat

70 mins: shape starting to go

Rest: all rational thought lost in the fog of despair

Final whistle – players wanting to be swallowed up by the ground – Vaz Te first down the tunnel – I am taking against him
  • Sponsored links:

• In case anyone hasn't heard it, here's the Henderson's interview after the match......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QylTqvfHsyM&feature=youtu.be
  • Has any lifer been to Sparrows Lane this morning?
    Would love to know whats going on.
  • edited January 2016

Has anyone else noticed that this 5-0 defeat is a few days short of when we lost 5-0 @ Watford last season.

I went to that one (train gate) as well (it must be all my fault) the difference being we had our very own version (so we were told to hope by KM) of Alex Ferguson sitting in the stands waiting for his work permit :wink: .
  • Loup086 said:

In case anyone hasn't heard it, here's the Henderson's interview after the match......

Poor guy. Genuinely feel for him there. Also get the feeling there's so much more he wants to be able to say
  • Or did the players/team finally protest through this performance that, they too want the manager and owner fired.
  • KHA said:

I’ve sometimes thought that what is wrong with post-match views is that we know the outcome and it is too easy to be wise after the event. But were we wise during the event? To try and answer this question in my case I’ve attempted to re-create my thoughts as honestly as possible as the game unfolded.

3 mins: we’re playing 4-1-4-1 – going to be defensive, but more sense than some of the recent suicidal formations, so not criticising KF for the set-up

15 mins: we’re offering nothing going forward – defensively we’re playing our system with discipline – could make it hard for Huddersfield to break down

17 mins (first goal): Fox allows their winger to turn past him so easily - gives him a free cross – very poor

40 mins: technically we’ve been very poor – they react much faster – are moving and thinking quicker than us – we didn’t collapse after the goal – have kept shape – could be worse

44 mins (second goal): cross from their right – Henderson comes for it – not under challenge – straightforward catch – oops, it’s slipped through his hands – played back in by H player and turned in by H player standing on goal-line – offside? – not given

HT: bit unlucky to be two down – any good points? – two central defenders have been solid – Poyet is the one player on our side who anticipates - most of theirs do

60 mins: getting a bit ragged at times – Williams is leaving his place in the middle 4 to get forward on occasion – can’t see the point – he doesn’t have the ability to do damage up there

62 mins (double sub): TH-D for MF – makes sense, Fox has been very poor – Reza for Williams – also makes sense – will mean we go to 4-4-2 – an attempt to find some attacking threat

Final whistle – players wanting to be swallowed up by the ground – Vaz Te first down the tunnel – I am taking against him

Kha you say the subs were IYO rational yet you fail to continue your match appraisal whereby THD arguably at fault for giving the ball away for the 4th and made an even bigger defensive hash than Fox for the 5th add to this it would strongly appear Reza got himself deliberately sent off .... I'm not convinced the substitutions made any positive difference at all one could say we only conceded 2 up until the subs then shipped a further 3 within 20 mins

• edited January 2016
    madadd said:

KHA said:

I’ve sometimes thought that what is wrong with post-match views is that we know the outcome and it is too easy to be wise after the event. But were we wise during the event? To try and answer this question in my case I’ve attempted to re-create my thoughts as honestly as possible as the game unfolded.

Kha you say the subs were IYO rational yet you fail to continue your match appraisal whereby THD arguably at fault for giving the ball away for the 4th and made an even bigger defensive hash than Fox for the 5th add to this it would strongly appear Reza got himself deliberately sent off .... I'm not convinced the substitutions made any positive difference at all one could say we only conceded 2 up until the subs then shipped a further 3 within 20 mins

I've had my suspicions for a while now but are you Morgan's Dad?
  • Loup086 said:

In case anyone hasn't heard it, here's the Henderson's interview after the match......

Thank you, read it but hadn't seen it
  • Well its dinner time the day after and am still in shock at what I witnessed last night. This was the first time I have been this season but have followed everything with a growing sense of despair. You could sense it amongst the few of us there and you could see it in the body language of the players even during the warm up. It reminded me a bit of the loss at Donny rovers just before CP got sacked.
    I've seen many defeats over the years but this was probably the worst in terms of the way in which the side seemed to expect to lose the game. Players seemed pissed off with each other, they had no idea where or who to pass to and made Huddersfield appear to have a number of extra players on the pitch at any one time. They looked like small children playing against an adult team who were asking for a three goal start and could we have rush goalie?
    On the terraces the atmosphere was gallows humour and a desperate sense of resignation. From the posts on here I was expecting anger and bile hurled at the hapless Fraeye but it was as if we all knew this defeat would happen and could do as little to stop it as he could.
    At the final whistle I couldn't decide who I was the most angry with but I think it was a tie between Reza getting himself sent off on purpose. Stop his wages til he finds another club, and Vaz Te who clearly wasn't interested, made one challenge all game and then stormed off down the tunnel at the end.
    Also, thank you for your enquiry @RedChaser, as dates go it clearly wasn't great. Especially as the constant questioning of "Why are they singing and you're not?" and "You are normally quiet what's got into you?" mean this is a relationship unlikely to progress. At least she paid for the tickets....
  • Sponsored links:

• madadd said:

As I made clear at the start of my post, I was stating what I was thinking at the time. My whole point of doing that was to be honest about my views as the game unfolded and to avoid speaking with the benefit of hindsight. My post-match views on the performance of the three players are in my player marks. I did think TH-D did better than MF; Reza obviously didn't work, but the idea of bringing on a second striker when you're two down makes sense doesn't it?
  • Just hope that Reza never plays for Charlton again.
    Sad excuse of a cheating player. Never good enough for Charlton.
    Can't they offer him to Cardiff and get Watt back?
  • With a quarter of an or so left (even though I couldn't see us getting back in) I thought the game was going to peter out at 2-0 or at worst 3. At that I didn't see 5 coming because they were misfiring themselves. But it's now how we bounce back from this confidence shreader.
  • on Sky Sports when getting to,our half time score Jeff Stelling mentioned that the Charlton fans were not happy with the club's management.
  • Loup086 said:

Poor guy. Genuinely feel for him there. Also get the feeling there's so much more he wants to be able to say
    Sending him out to do the post match?

They are making him player/manager.
  • Well its dinner time the day after and am still in shock at what I witnessed last night. This was the first time I have been this season but have followed everything with a growing sense of despair. You could sense it amongst the few of us there and you could see it in the body language of the players even during the warm up. It reminded me a bit of the loss at Donny rovers just before CP got sacked.
    I've seen many defeats over the years but this was probably the worst in terms of the way in which the side seemed to expect to lose the game. Players seemed pissed off with each other, they had no idea where or who to pass to and made Huddersfield appear to have a number of extra players on the pitch at any one time. They looked like small children playing against an adult team who were asking for a three goal start and could we have rush goalie?
    On the terraces the atmosphere was gallows humour and a desperate sense of resignation. From the posts on here I was expecting anger and bile hurled at the hapless Fraeye but it was as if we all knew this defeat would happen and could do as little to stop it as he could.
    At the final whistle I couldn't decide who I was the most angry with but I think it was a tie between Reza getting himself sent off on purpose. Stop his wages til he finds another club, and Vaz Te who clearly wasn't interested, made one challenge all game and then stormed off down the tunnel at the end.
    Also, thank you for your enquiry @RedChaser, as dates go it clearly wasn't great. Especially as the constant questioning of "Why are they singing and you're not?" and "You are normally quiet what's got into you?" mean this is a relationship unlikely to progress. At least she paid for the tickets....

You took her to see Charlton? In Huddersfield? On a DATE?Must have been a memory to treasure for her too..."darling, whatever else happens, we'll always have Huddersfield".
  • anyone who thinks that the Reza dismissal was a 'turning point' in the game are sorely mistaken .. we were oven wrapped and cooked well before he took the walk of shame

You took her to see Charlton? In Huddersfield? On a DATE?Must have been a memory to treasure for her too..."darling, whatever else happens, we'll always have Huddersfield".
    Don't knock it - I took a girl on a dirty weekend to Swindon soon after we started dating in 1997 (lost 1-0 - Wayne Allison).

19 years later I am happily married to her with three kids.

She took him and paid for the tickets apparently :open_mouth: