Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye Sacking watch.

Comments

• Riga by the weekend
  • Breaking news.....
  • Probably no truth to it as it was posted on Facebook but someone has said that Fraeye signed a permanent two year contract a couple of weeks ago. Anyone know about this rumour?
  • Even if they sack him, another inadequate figure will take his place. Whether he stays or goes makes no difference to me as I doubt RD has many no marks left. He'll be pulling random Belgian men from near where he lives next I imagine
  • edited December 2015

So telling when the players let him walk of the pitch.

If he has any decency he must resign tonight.

I am getting more annoyed by the minute that he is still here.

Just as well he walked off the pitch first, there was a degree of applause after he left.

I wouldn't have wanted the players walking off to the amount of boo'ing that KF got; I say that as someone who was joining in.

The guy needs to do the decent thing and walk away; he's out of his depth, getting abuse and is doing a pretty embarrassing impression of a real manager. Maintain a degree of dignity and walk away Karel.

Everytime I've logged onto this forum in the last couple of weeks I've been hoping to read that he has been sacked/replaced.

Sadly the longer that this goes on the more likely it feels to me that he will never go. :(.

Ditto. I've been avoiding all things Charlton recently (apart from actually turning up at The Valley peculiarly.) but today I thought KM would have the backbone to respond to the atmosphere today by giving KF the boot.
  • Beckboy said:

Where'd ya get that picture of Bob Peeters?
  • Sponsored links:

• So telling when the players let him walk of the pitch.

If he has any decency he must resign tonight.

I am getting more annoyed by the minute that he is still here.

This 100%. I also noticed it, glad I wasn't the only one - the players way of telling us they just can't stick him either.
  • http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35189500

This post match interview is a hoot!

Fans are being too negative!! What the f*ck is there to be positive about Carol?

• How many have been interviewed for the managers job answer NONE
  • Oakster said:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35189500

This post match interview is a hoot!

Fans are being too negative!! What the f*ck is there to be positive about Carol?

He didn't actually say anything shameful or wrong here but you can tell he is just extremely out of his depth and can't do this job, its beyond his capabilities by a large extent.
  • It's got to the point where I think perhaps it's too late to bring a new head coach in and hope for a turn of fortune. Riga came in when we had a couple of games in hand. It's a totally different situation now. We may be only two points below the 21st place at the moment but it could soon be three if Rotheram win or draw in their 24th round match. You could argue that it will only take a win to climb out of the relegation zone but other teams can move upwards as well. I honestly don't know whether we'll catch up with them. There has to be three teams worse than us. It absolutely pains me to say it but seeing how things have been going for the past few months, I won't be very surprised if we get relegated come next May.....
  • I think even they realize the absurdity of 6 managers in 20 months - if they sack him they are going to look even more inept - certainly giving Leeds a run for their money..

Hoisted by their own petard!
  • It's got to the point where I think perhaps it's too late to bring a new head coach in and hope for a turn of fortune. Riga came in when we had a couple of games in hand. It's a totally different situation now. We may be only two points below the 21st place at the moment but it could soon be three if Rotheram win or draw in their 24th round match. You could argue that it will only take a win to climb out of the relegation zone but other teams can move upwards as well. I honestly don't know whether we'll catch up with them. There has to be three teams worse than us. It absolutely pains me to say it but seeing how things have been going for the past few months, I won't be very surprised if we get relegated come next May.....

It's certainly not over yet if they act quickly. New manager in who actually has a clue about tactics and how to set a team up, 3-4 new signings and a couple of players back from injury and i'd like to think we'd have enough to at least finish 4th from bottom.

Look how bad we've been and we're only 2 points adrift. We can't exactly get much worse (i think) and we're still in touch.
  • They don't you know

It's certainly not over yet if they act quickly. New manager in who actually has a clue about tactics and how to set a team up, 3-4 new signings and a couple of players back from injury and i'd like to think we'd have enough to at least finish 4th from bottom.

Look how bad we've been and we're only 2 points adrift. We can't exactly get much worse (i think) and we're still in touch.
    I certainly hope you are right. The question is, do you think those will all happen?
  • Sponsored links:

• The post match interview highlighted his weakness. They were sharper defensively and offensively but no explanation as to why he thought it was. The way he sets up, displays a lack of awareness of balance and how you approach things. Granted, with teh squad as it is now, I wouldn't fancy my chances of avoiding defeat, but I would know there are some things you can do to try to be effective. You have to give the defence more of a battle but he leaves Big Mac on the bench, You have to gamble on wing backs but he plays fox instead of Holmes-Dennis. He couldn't do much about it yesterday, but he has been able to address the fact that JJ can't play as part of a midfield two.

He has a dodgy hand, but doesn't know how to play the game. It is a complete recipe for disaster. It is impossible, given his clear tactical naivity, that the players have any respect for him! It is so rubbish, you couldn't cock it up more if you tried. And the obvious action which needs to happen now is being ignored. It is a shameful disgrace. When the trust published the article about the owner's political party, some questioned what it had to do with football. I read it and saw exactly what it had to do with football. It confirmed the bloke was off his trolley. If he is the owner of your club, it has everything to do with football.

KF is out of his league, but he isn't to blame for the weakness in the squad. And it isn't about throwing money at the problem, but cover and spending your money wisely. What a complete mess.
  • Is he still here? Must be an announcement today of his successor. If they hang on we are going to get smashed in the next few games. The players made it known very publicly at the end of the match that they don't rate him.
  • Is he still here? Must be an announcement today of his successor. If they hang on we are going to get smashed in the next few games. The players made it known very publicly at the end of the match that they don't rate him.

What did the players do to make you think that?

I walked out after the second.

They let him walk of the pitch to boos and then they walked off the pitch afterwards to a gentle applause. Quite telling that they waited for him to depart before they did.
  • I feel a bit sorry for KF - he is not up to the job but I am sure he is trying his best. What happened yesterday, shows that the players know he is not up to it and want us to know too. You would have to be a blithering idiot not to react to this if you owned the club. Oh bugger!

They let him walk of the pitch to boos and then they walked off the pitch afterwards to a gentle applause. Quite telling that they waited for him to depart before they did.
    Ah, thanks.

The whole thing is just so tragic.
  • KF also got heavily booed near the end of the game, when he returned the ball to the pitch after it went to him
  • Just had a look at the fixture list, 6 games in January, four of them away, we have to get shot of Karel now before it is too late, what the heck is Katrien playing at?
  • Can we please close this thread. Every time I open it I end up dissapointed. Dissapointed that he is still picking the team.