Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How many season tickets will be sold next season?

12346»

Comments

• I'm considering buying a season ticket at Sixfields next season. Proper football from a proper club with a funny nickname that is at the heart of the local community and has thrived against the odds despite nearly going into liquidation recently following boardroom shenanigins and a battle with the local council. Now where have I heard that before.

The way the Cobblers are going there's a fair chance you'd still get to see Charlton at least once next season...
  • For the first time in years have not purchased anything this Christmas for my son in the club shop. Not because I'm boycotting it but he just hasn't asked for it and has little interest at the moment, which makes me sad. He had no interest in the kids Xmas party either. That was always a highlight of the year for him. Trying to persuade him to go to the Wolves game. So want things to be different, we've had some great moments in past Xmas periods, Watford away 4-3, Ipswich away 1-1....want those days back. Please get us a manager we can believe in!
  • I'll still be renewing... Got a Mortgage now and getting married in August so won't be easy but I'll still be there

Love how positive you are.

I wish I could afford to make games regularly but it's an easy £50-£100 day out for me when I visit, depending on whether it's just me or the Mrs too!

Then I have to apologise the next day when I've been in a foul mood since losing the game.

Maybe when I have a kid I'll torture them by bringing them along...
  • kentred2 said:

Nug said:

For the first time in years have not purchased anything this Christmas for my son in the club shop. Not because I'm boycotting it but he just hasn't asked for it and has little interest at the moment, which makes me sad. He had no interest in the kids Xmas party either. That was always a highlight of the year for him. Trying to persuade him to go to the Wolves game. So want things to be different, we've had some great moments in past Xmas periods, Watford away 4-3, Ipswich away 1-1....want those days back. Please get us a manager we can believe in!

Come on. He is 23!
    Would like for him to still be a fan by the time he's 23 in 13 years time, but it's not looking great at the moment!
  • edited December 2015
    Nug said:

kentred2 said:

Nug said:

For the first time in years have not purchased anything this Christmas for my son in the club shop. Not because I'm boycotting it but he just hasn't asked for it and has little interest at the moment, which makes me sad. He had no interest in the kids Xmas party either. That was always a highlight of the year for him. Trying to persuade him to go to the Wolves game. So want things to be different, we've had some great moments in past Xmas periods, Watford away 4-3, Ipswich away 1-1....want those days back. Please get us a manager we can believe in!

Come on. He is 23!
    Would like for him to still be a fan by the time he's 23 in 13 years time, but it's not looking great at the moment!
    I am sure he will be, mine's in his mid 30s now, hasn't forgiven me though :wink:
  • We'll just be moaning about another owner.
  • What if we were to copy Bradford's model of £150 season tickets anywhere in the ground, would this make any difference or do you think we are beyond the lure of a cheap season ticket to keep people going?

Let me see... Bradford are challenging for the play-offs, have had some good cup runs, and judging by the size of their crowds (17757 for their midweek match against Coventry), there must be a decent atmosphere at Valley Parade. £150 for an entertaining spectacle with a chance of success? Bargain.

The atmosphere around Charlton is so toxic right now, you'd need to pay people £150 to watch a fading team get booed around a more-than-half-empty stadium. £150 for all season tickets for next season in League One, you mean? Maybe a great tactic for someone who comes in and takes this mess off RD's hands, but would look like desperation if they're still in charge and still employing the same failed old tactics.

(Worth pointing out that you're talking below Ryman League level for a £150 ST - at least there you can have a drink while watching the match and you can stand with your mates and avoid moaning old farts.)
    I'm pretty sure that a season ticket holder can also obtain 2 Free Season tickets for U11's which is a great deal.
  • I'm much more likely to pay per game.

• Sponsored links:

• I'm considering buying a season ticket at Sixfields next season. Proper football from a proper club with a funny nickname that is at the heart of the local community and has thrived against the odds despite nearly going into liquidation recently following boardroom shenanigins and a battle with the local council. Now where have I heard that before.

I may join you. I live in Olney. We could form an "ex-Charlton" Northampton supporters branch. The way the two teams are performing this year, there is a good chance they could meet in a league game next season !
  • WSS said:

Dad who has sat in the same seat in the West Stand since we returned to The Valley said yesterday his and his group of 7 are not buying next year - they'll just meet in the pub and enjoy themselves.

The bloke who got me addicted to this club because of his passion for all things Charlton has lost it. It's not because he he better stuff to do either as a retired bloke - he just doesn't like the club anymore.

Cheers Katrien - you've destroyed us.

It's an absolute travesty when a life long supporter feels this way.

Roly and Katrien you are an absolute pair of arseholes.
  • WSS said:

Dad who has sat in the same seat in the West Stand since we returned to The Valley said yesterday his and his group of 7 are not buying next year - they'll just meet in the pub and enjoy themselves.

The bloke who got me addicted to this club because of his passion for all things Charlton has lost it. It's not because he he better stuff to do either as a retired bloke - he just doesn't like the club anymore.

Cheers Katrien - you've destroyed us.

Says it all and I know this is being replicated by others.
  • Just seen a bloke who lives nearby who had a season ticket for years but gave up after 2010/11 and has 'picked and chose' since.

He cannot see himself going in the foreseeable future.

Mind you Katrien he is 32 so perhaps falls into the category of old gits you detest so much!
  • In my opinion she would like to 'lose' anyone with an attachment and commitment to the Club.

Her Baldrick like 'cunning plan' , again in my opinion, is fill the ground with neutral kids or young adults none of whom will be sufficiently motivated to criticise the strategy of the 'mad professor' and her.

Good luck with that. It won't work!

Anyway back to family and Christmas plus the odd peep at the match thread through half hidden eyes.
  • Missed It said:

While we've all been moaning how terrible the players, managers, owners etc. have been we've missed what has actually been going on at our club.

Football is an entertainment business. People buy a ticket in the hope or expectation of an exciting, entertaining game of football. This is what puts bums on seats and is the core business of football clubs. It is the main 'product' that fans purchase, with catering, hospitality and merchandise as ancillary revenue streams. The fans are the main customers that clubs cater to.

M. Duchatelet has decided to fundamentally change the nature of Charlton as a business. The fans are no longer their main customer. Listening to Ms Meire dismiss ticket income as only a third of their revenue only reinforces my belief that Charlton are in the process of being transformed into a B2B enterprise. The main 'product' is now footballers, which are sold to other football businesses.

The football match 'product' as entertainment is secondary. It is a vehicle to exhibit the real Charlton product - footballers - to the scouts of other football businesses. There is no intention to compete or advance the club's league position other than by the happy accident of demonstrating better players to other football businesses. We will never have any success unless we have the rare and exceptional good fortune to produce our own "class of '92", which in any case will be stripped and sold for the component parts within a year.

I find myself massively depressed and disgusted that I've come to the above conclusion and I can fully understand why nobody would want to buy a ticket to watch it week after week.

OK. Does this mean that RD is NOT a fit & proper person to own an English Football Club ?

Didn't someone on here highlight this once before ?