Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How many season tickets will be sold next season?

Comments

• Wont be renewing next year if things stay as they are,will find better things to do with my Saturdays sadly
  • Even through the dark days of league 1 I never considered giving up the four tickets i buy for me and my family. However, it now pains me to say that I no longer look forward to Saturdays or Tuesdays and probably only go to matches because I have already paid. Unless things change drastically I will not be renewing next year.
    This has been said many times already by many people but I feel that the soul is being ripped out of the club and it frustrates me so much that the current regime just do not seem to be capable of understanding how we feel.
    We have become firm friends with 3 season ticket holders who sit behind us and who travel from Milton Keynes to get to matches, they too have said that they will probably not renew next year, so that is another seven to add to the lengthening list. I pay for Valley Gold and buy at least 5 jackpot tickets every match, not in the expectation of winning but in the hope that I am somehow helping the club that I love, those will probably go too.
    I have e-mailed everyone at the club that I thought might listen but have received no response, they clearly do not care so perhaps it is time for us to consider doing the unthinkable and stop caring too...

The lack of response sums up the arrogance of KM towards her 'customers'. She thinks she knows what is best for the club and really doesn't want to know about anyone else, particularly from that group she so hates, those over 40. She ignores you and meanwhile trumpets on about this 20,000 target. Utter madness for any business person to ignore loyal and long-standing customers. But then again, she is a contestant on Football Apprentice.
  • Any future money you might spend on a seasons or game ticket, on merchandise or on food, put it aside and keep it in a jam jar.
    When RD walks out we'll need it to chip in and resurrect our club.

Am now thinking of saving my fare money and any future spending on season ticket, etc., until Roland goes, then using it to support the new regime. There must be one soon surely?
  • Save the money, pay as you go instead. Less misery, less money and accurate attendance figures!
  • After 51 years of supporting charlton not planing to buy a season ticket next year, my mate a palace supporter wants me to go there instead, but I would rather go shopping can't stand the place, used to be proud to be a charlton supporter not no more though!!!
  • Any future money you might spend on a seasons or game ticket, on merchandise or on food, put it aside and keep it in a jam jar.
    When RD walks out we'll need it to chip in and resurrect our club.

Am now thinking of saving my fare money and any future spending on season ticket, etc., until Roland goes, then using it to support the new regime. There must be one soon surely?
    We can but hope. Certainly be nice if a push from the fans hastened the end wouldn't it.
  • Asked my sons if they'd want me to renew their season tickets next season and both said not if we are relegated, then the younger one actually asked if we could go see West Ham play next season... Gutting
  • Asked my sons if they'd want me to renew their season tickets next season and both said not if we are relegated, then the younger one actually asked if we could go see West Ham play next season... Gutting

Yuk
  • Sponsored links:

• Here's the schpeil for January's half season ticket offer.
    You really do have to laugh!

"Charlton supporters can get their football fix for the second half of 2015/16 by securing a half season ticket at The Valley.

Last-gasp goals have provided drama aplenty in SE7 since August with a 98th-minute winner from Johann Berg Gudmundsson earning maximum points against promotion-chasing Hull City, and a bullet Jordan Cousins header completing a late fightback against Fulham.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-half-season-tickets-join-the-family-2817208.aspx#QohtgC9Ul6VLArvu.99"

"Charlton supporters can get their football fix for the second half of 2015/16 by securing a half season ticket at The Valley.

Last-gasp goals have provided drama aplenty in SE7 since August with a 98th-minute winner from Johann Berg Gudmundsson earning maximum points against promotion-chasing Hull City, and a bullet Jordan Cousins header completing a late fightback against Fulham.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-half-season-tickets-join-the-family-2817208.aspx#QohtgC9Ul6VLArvu.99"

In fairness, the marketing department probably downed a bottle of Scotch when asked to sell this package. Making a silk purse out of a sow's ear would have been easier.
  • I can't wait for the annual "don't miss the deadline" marketing.

All season ticket prices will rise after some nonsense date (that will then be extended by a week).

Pay £300 now and secure your seat for the new season - or leave it till after the deadline, when we will be confirmed as relegated and pay £330 !!!!

Don't laugh - they will do this.

In truth, ST income is a drop in the ocean to RD. If RD is already pulling up 10 mill a year, then losing 3000 ST holders at £300 is only a 10% hit for Roland. So he will raise the match-day prices to bridge the gap.

Adverse publicity is the only way to get the owner to come to the table. Trying to do anything financial will have much less impact.

TV games - noisy protests (non violent/non offensive) and publicity stunts by the fans (legal) are the only way to bring the focus onto RD and weaken his resolve to stay involved with CAFC.

As for the alternative ownership - who knows what kind of hard bargain he will drive to get a sale.
    If he spends any money at Sparrows Lane - I expect he will retain ownership and lease it back to CAFC in the event that he sells the club.

Things look bleak.
  • Every season ticket, every stand, every seat, ought to be £100 adults and £50 kids and concessions.
    That's it.

I think you must have misheard him, KM says that there is no risk of us losing fans to West Ham.

I think you must have misheard him, KM says that there is no risk of us losing fans to West Ham.
    It doesn't matter if we do lose fans to West Ham because Katrien has got her master plan to target south west London, remember?
  • I can't wait for the annual "don't miss the deadline" marketing.

All season ticket prices will rise after some nonsense date (that will then be extended by a week).

Pay £300 now £30 more than last year in this year's price freeze and secure your seat for the new season - or leave it till after the deadline, when we will be confirmed as relegated and pay £330 !!!!

Don't laugh - they will do this.

In truth, ST income is a drop in the ocean to RD. If RD is already pulling up 10 mill a year, then losing 3000 ST holders at £300 is only a 10% hit for Roland. So he will raise the match-day prices to bridge the gap.

Adverse publicity is the only way to get the owner to come to the table. Trying to do anything financial will have much less impact.

TV games - noisy protests (non violent/non offensive) and publicity stunts by the fans (legal) are the only way to bring the focus onto RD and weaken his resolve to stay involved with CAFC.

As for the alternative ownership - who knows what kind of hard bargain he will drive to get a sale.
    If he spends any money at Sparrows Lane - I expect he will retain ownership and lease it back to CAFC in the event that he sells the club.

Things look bleak.

Fixed it for you. Your'e feeling less bleak now I trust.
  • Note to Charlton marketing Dept - I shall not be renewing my season ticket next year. That should save you the cost of a first class stamp, on a letter asking me to renew.
  • PeterGage said:

Note to Charlton marketing Dept - I shall not be renewing my season ticket next year. That should save you the cost of a first class stamp, on a letter asking me to renew.

Don't forget the cost of the follow up phone call as well Peter :wink: I'm out as well by the way.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    I'm considering buying a season ticket at Sixfields next season. Proper football from a proper club with a funny nickname that is at the heart of the local community and has thrived against the odds despite nearly going into liquidation recently following boardroom shenanigins and a battle with the local council. Now where have I heard that before.

Those are rubbish prices imo I paid £375 for zone 3 start of the season
  • Probably much less than posts in the new "transfer rumours thread".
  • edited December 2015
    What if we were to copy Bradford's model of £150 season tickets anywhere in the ground, would this make any difference or do you think we are beyond the lure of a cheap season ticket to keep people going?
  • edited December 2015

What if we were to copy Bradford's model of £150 season tickets anywhere in the ground, would this make any difference or do you think we are beyond the lure of a cheap season ticket to keep people going?

Let me see... Bradford are challenging for the play-offs, have had some good cup runs, and judging by the size of their crowds (17757 for their midweek match against Coventry), there must be a decent atmosphere at Valley Parade. £150 for an entertaining spectacle with a chance of success? Bargain.

The atmosphere around Charlton is so toxic right now, you'd need to pay people £150 to watch a fading team get booed around a more-than-half-empty stadium. £150 for all season tickets for next season in League One, you mean? Maybe a great tactic for someone who comes in and takes this mess off RD's hands, but would look like desperation if they're still in charge and still employing the same failed old tactics.

(Worth pointing out that you're talking below Ryman League level for a £150 ST - at least there you can have a drink while watching the match and you can stand with your mates and avoid moaning old farts.)
  • edited December 2015
    Seen the sponsored posts from CAFC on Facebook plugging half-season tickets and forthcoming matches? They look like they've been done by an intern, and the comments below them (often rightly) aren't pretty.
  • What if we were to copy Bradford's model of £150 season tickets anywhere in the ground, would this make any difference or do you think we are beyond the lure of a cheap season ticket to keep people going?

Let me see... Bradford are challenging for the play-offs, have had some good cup runs, and judging by the size of their crowds (17757 for their midweek match against Coventry), there must be a decent atmosphere at Valley Parade. £150 for an entertaining spectacle with a chance of success? Bargain.

The atmosphere around Charlton is so toxic right now, you'd need to pay people £150 to watch a fading team get booed around a more-than-half-empty stadium. £150 for all season tickets for next season in League One, you mean? Maybe a great tactic for someone who comes in and takes this mess off RD's hands, but would look like desperation if they're still in charge and still employing the same failed old tactics.

(Worth pointing out that you're talking below Ryman League level for a £150 ST - at least there you can have a drink while watching the match and you can stand with your mates and avoid moaning old farts.)
    I was basing it on staying up in The Championship but I guess you could apply it to League One as well. What I mean is, is it too late for the current lot to learn from mistakes, get the January transfer window and new manager right and then offer £150 tickets in The Championship next season? Asking a lot I know but just trying to guage a feeling is all.
  • I am not re-newing I have had enough, might go to a few away games. Might do a year at Welling. I have stopped buying anything from the club and will only continue to go while I have a current season ticket (18th and last). My son has suggested West Ham; which is not an option for me, should I even try to stop him going?

I can't believe there will be a turn around that will make me change my current view.
  • pickwick said:

I am not re-newing I have had enough, might go to a few away games. Might do a year at Welling. I have stopped buying anything from the club and will only continue to go while I have a current season ticket (18th and last). My son has suggested West Ham; which is not an option for me, should I even try to stop him going?

I can't believe there will be a turn around that will make me change my current view.

Absolutely. As bad as we are, you can't just let him change clubs. It's quite likely if he goes to West ham, then he won't ever be back to watch games at the Valley. Stop going by all means, but don't change clubs.