Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How many season tickets will be sold next season?

Comments

• reading this is so depressing .. all this from long standing fans, many with children, the fans of the future who are or are seriously contemplating basically giving up going to the valley. One confession that West Ham at the Olympic could be a major counter attraction, may the Lord have mercy on your soul ((:>).
    A BIG part of my enjoyment through going to away games, is 'the whole away game experience', travel, visiting new to me or seldom visited places , meeting up with friends and contacts (not just at the match), just getting away and doing different things.
    Anyway, 'Confession Time', IF I were still in London, I would not be a season ticket holder, I'd pick and choose my games, there are often alternative pleasures to be had on a Saturday or even on a Tuesday.
    I am probably 'different' in that my choice not to buy would not be determined solely by the present regime and its impact on the club, but more by my faded interest in 'the valley experience'

Lincs - It's now known a "The Valley Inexperience"

:smile:

• We started the season with a well drilled squad under Luzon that looked much better quality for the starters than last season. It looked thin though and I guess that was the trade off, higher cost and quality players is higher risk.

We've maybe had a few more injuries than would be expected, but not many more.

Of course we get more people in when we are hot. I dunno but this season there are a lot of people you would expect to hold true just falling off it. If that's right, that's a much bigger issue.

i share the season tickets with the ex so don't go to every home game but I've noticed in our area people who were there all the time before either aren't there or leave early muttering.

It's not an every year problem I think, it's serious.
  • reading this is so depressing .. all this from long standing fans, many with children, the fans of the future who are or are seriously contemplating basically giving up going to the valley. One confession that West Ham at the Olympic could be a major counter attraction, may the Lord have mercy on your soul ((:>).
    A BIG part of my enjoyment through going to away games, is 'the whole away game experience', travel, visiting new to me or seldom visited places , meeting up with friends and contacts (not just at the match), just getting away and doing different things.
    Anyway, 'Confession Time', IF I were still in London, I would not be a season ticket holder, I'd pick and choose my games, there are often alternative pleasures to be had on a Saturday or even on a Tuesday.
    I am probably 'different' in that my choice not to buy would not be determined solely by the present regime and its impact on the club, but more by my faded interest in 'the valley experience'

Lincs - It's now known a "The Valley Inexperience"

:smile:

mmm and (please excuse the choice of term) if an old stager, as staunch as staunch gets, one such as yourself is driven to saying this .. things must be absolutely awful down in the Vale of Tears, the Valley of The Shadow of death
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't know if my experience is typical, but I didn't renew this year, based on my dissatisfaction with and suspicion of the owners. I assumed I would get to about 10 home games and about 5 aways. So far I have been to two home games and no aways. It seems to me that there is a big psychological aspect to having a ST. Choosing not to renew was far more significant than I thought it would be. With hindsight it turns out that it's like letting go. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't go to another game this season.
  • We started the season with a well drilled squad under Luzon that looked much better quality for the starters than last season. It looked thin though and I guess that was the trade off, higher cost and quality players is higher risk.

We've maybe had a few more injuries than would be expected, but not many more.

Of course we get more people in when we are hot. I dunno but this season there are a lot of people you would expect to hold true just falling off it. If that's right, that's a much bigger issue.

i share the season tickets with the ex so don't go to every home game but I've noticed in our area people who were there all the time before either aren't there or leave early muttering.

It's not an every year problem I think, it's serious.

I can genuinely say that where I sit in the East Stand I'm surrounded by regulars who have generally been there for years. Indeed the only regular who isn't there any more shifted to a cheaper part of the ground this season instead.
  • Decided not to renew the day Roland sacked Chris Powell and won't be renewing until he leaves the club!

Simply out of curiosity... What do you do if Roland decides to disband Charlton because no one is interested due to lack of attendances etc. meaning no profit for the person looking to buy the club?
    That'll cost him £7m for a start.
    For someone worth £400m (?) might not bother him if he gets rid of a problem
    He probably doesn't see it as a problem. I'm sure he will carry in running by the club in to the ground regardless.
  • I share the same sentiments as U boat.
  • edited December 2015
    I still like the style of the chap who responds to every marketing email the club sends with a sentiment similar to the above. Even though such dissent will be deleted I know from experience at my own work that the general tone will be passed up the chain. Whether anyone up the chain will listen or not is of course open to speculation. Both at my work and cafc!
  • Maybe take some of the comments from this thread and transfer them on to a large board which would then be delivered For the attention of KM and left at reception.

• Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited December 2015
    I have had a season ticket for a number of years. Part of this was showing support to the club and a sense of loyalty, even when things were tough and the football poor. Under Duchatelet, I don't have that sense of loyalty and buying a season ticket may actually encourage the current madness at the club to continue.

This year the season tickets were bought a few days before the season started. The buying of the season ticket has got later and later. I do like the season ticket does give flexibility as to when you go or not. I have only been to 3 or 4 home games due to other work, family and study commitments. Last season, I only went to half the home games.

These days, I take the football very lightly and my expectations are extremely low. I really go to catch up with my brother and like watching live football generally. I don't go if my brother can't make the game. Currently watching Charlton is like watching a not very good B movie. I am expecting the football to be terrible with a good chance of a Charlton defeat.

It is not as if under the current Charlton set up that they are going to win anything significant or get promoted that my season ticket is going to earn me priority for must see games.

I like the flexibility of the season ticket and its less messing around with tickets. It is getting more difficult to justify the outlay. Hopefully the online ticketing arrangement will improve, and it will be similar to buying a ticket at the cinema, and you can pick where you sit for individual games. It may be good to see the game from different vantage points around the ground. That may be useful for a future season ticket purchase when Duchatelet has gone. Next season it may be down to individual game purchase. That will likely result in seeing much fewer games then this season.

The marketing team run decent competent campaigns but they are pushing a boulder up hill. My impression is that a purchase of a season ticket or not probably doesn't matter a jot to the club or Duchatelet. Given how committed and rock solid my season ticket purchase has been, in the past, the fact that I and many others have reached this point, should really concern the club. From events an the way the club is run, it does not appear that way as the club stumbles from one shambolic mess to another.
  • drewman said:

I still like the style of the chap who responds to every marketing email the club sends with a sentiment similar to the above. Even though such dissent will be deleted I know from experience at my own work that the general tone will be passed up the chain. Whether anyone up the chain will listen or not is of course open to speculation. Both at my work and cafc!

I was just wondering what the employees in marketing 'do' with the responses they get. If they sound like it's not the first time they've heard an answer suggesting the fan isn't happy with the way things are do they record it? I'm guessing it's not what KM/RD want to hear so if I wanted to keep my job I'd probably keep my head down. I hope that's not how it works.

Please note: I work on a farm so have very little idea of the office world. There is little point in phoning a sheep to see if they preferred last week's feed to their usual brand.
    That's true, the answer would be 'meh' in both cases !
  • I'll probably get one, my liver needs a 90min rest between the marathon pub sessions.
  • Just wondered how many times I have bought my tickets because I was optimistic. Probably 5 out of 25. We get ours because we're Charlton supporters. No other reason.
  • **I urge anyone considering buying a season ticket not to**

This is beyond a farce, and by putting money their way you are pandering to them.
  • Buying a season ticke next year, may well be considered as being, like a member of the moonies or church of Scientology, you have been brainwashed, whilst the normal people have worked out, we are complete crap and being fed shit !
  • Badger said:

Maybe take some of the comments from this thread and transfer them on to a large board which would then be delivered For the attention of KM and left at reception.

Sadly, I am not sure anyone thinks that KM or RD care or actually read anything sent to them. They see fans as an irritant and believe they know better than anyone.
  • Was thinking of burn my season ticket and filming it sticking it on the net
  • Any future money you might spend on a seasons or game ticket, on merchandise or on food, put it aside and keep it in a jam jar.
    When RD walks out we'll need it to chip in and resurrect our club.