Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How many season tickets will be sold next season?

If things continue as they are our already pitiful support will evaporate next season. I really can't see myself renewing next season if the current setup continues.
It's stopped being enjoyable and it's hard to identify with a club being run in such a truly bizarre manner. I came close to leaving a game early for the first time ever last night as it was such a shambles and the atmosphere was so flat.
We're watching a slow motion car crash of a decline being presided over by an owner who is so invisible I'm beginning to wonder if he even exists.
I have reached a stage where I fully expect us to capitulate in every game and if we take the lead I don't expect us to hold on.
No longer angry just sad at what's happened

Comments

• 4 less from our lot if the club continues to run things in the same way.
  • At least 4
  • I'll still be renewing... Got a Mortgage now and getting married in August so won't be easy but I'll still be there
  • Well the jackpot ticket prize was £245 last night.
    That's the lowest I've known it and I think has a reflection on the "through the turnstile" count.
  • How many did we sell for this season?

I'd image at least a third must be seriously considering not renewing, perhaps as many as half if we drop into league one.
  • According to @cafcfacts lowest annouced home crowd since we beat West Brom 5 - 0 in March 1998 so before the Premiership.

Actual crowd will be much lower of course

CAFC Facts & Stats ‏@CafcFacts 2h2 hours ago
    12,294 last night v #bwfc Charlton's lowest league attendance at home since 3/3/98. A 5-0 win (10,923) v #WBAFC #cafc #target20000
  • i've missed 5 home games for the first time in 18 odd years and it's only december!!

I won't be renewing mine
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    RDG said:

My biggest frustration on this front (season ticket sales specifically) is there must be plenty of people, like me, who are ripe for the taking when it comes to getting people signed up for season tickets.

I had a ST all through late 90s/early 00s while I was at school and then university, but gave it up because of spells on the dole after graduation, then got one again under SCP's management, only to realise I'd be better off buying by the game because of work. But I'm always umming and ahhing each summer when it comes to getting one again. All it'll take is some genuine hope and optimism about the place, a club that is at least showing ambition to progress, a few players who we can fall in love with rather than an ever-changing cast

There must be at least a couple of thousand in the same position. Want to commit to the club, if only it'd give us some indication there's a project to get behind. Instead people are drifting away from The Valley. I've no answers to any of this really, just a whole heap of anger and frustration.

This sums up the problem of KM and RD.

The audience are there but they just don't know how, or are just unable to see, how to tap in it.

They think you'll be lured back with a sofa and some cheerleaders because they just don't get it.

And as long as KM listens to RD and yes men like Tony Keohane and David Joyes instead of fans she never will.
  • Can I ask... Is one of the reasons that people don't go because of the gimmicks like the Sofa and Cheerleaders?
  • Not sure I understand why anyone buys a season ticket for a ground which is barely half full - the new ticketing system allows you to pick an individual seat so you can pick and choose your games and still sit exactly where you want, with the added flexibility of buying extra seats for friends, family etc. as required.
  • They think you'll be lured back with a sofa and some cheerleaders because they just don't get it.

Someone let them know I've got a sofa at home, and if I wanted dopey nonsense like cheerleaders at football I'd be a Nigel!
  • Not sure I understand why anyone buys a season ticket for a ground which is barely half full - the new ticketing system allows you to pick an individual seat so you can pick and choose your games and still sit exactly where you want, with the added flexibility of buying extra seats for friends, family etc. as required.

Definitely the main reason I've been picking and choosing my games in recent times. Why commit to a ST if you know you'll only ever make 2/3 of the games but will always get in? Although you can tell how much of an optimist I still stupidly am when it comes to Charlton because I always think to myself 'better to have a ST just in case we get to Wembley'. Don't know whether to laugh or cry about that!
  • Really cant see me renewing next year and think it will be around 6k if not lower.
  • I'll still renew mine, blind faith I know but I can't turn my back on something that I have loved for 45 years.

However, I don't think I'll slog my guts out to get to all the games as I did last night. Took me 3 hours to get there last night due to train problems and I missed the first 10 minutes. It took longer to get back and got home at 1.30 this morning. A lot of travelling for 80 minutes of misery.
  • the club are trying my patience more than at any time in my 35 years of supporting them at the moment, but I just can't imagine not having a ST whatever league we are in.
  • I'll still renew mine, blind faith I know but I can't turn my back on something that I have loved for 45 years.

However, I don't think I'll slog my guts out to get to all the games as I did last night. Took me 3 hours to get there last night due to train problems and I missed the first 10 minutes. It took longer to get back and got home at 1.30 this morning. A lot of travelling for 80 minutes of misery.

Why dont you just buy tickets as and when, the not buying a ST will send a clear message also.
  • Sponsored links:

• RDG said:

Not sure I understand why anyone buys a season ticket for a ground which is barely half full - the new ticketing system allows you to pick an individual seat so you can pick and choose your games and still sit exactly where you want, with the added flexibility of buying extra seats for friends, family etc. as required.

Definitely the main reason I've been picking and choosing my games in recent times. Why commit to a ST if you know you'll only ever make 2/3 of the games but will always get in? Although you can tell how much of an optimist I still stupidly am when it comes to Charlton because I always think to myself 'better to have a ST just in case we get to Wembley'. Don't know whether to laugh or cry about that!
    Signing up for Valley Gold (assuming you're not already a member) ensures a ticket for most high profile games, and certainly Wembley.
  • Signing up for Valley Gold (assuming you're not already a member) ensures a ticket for most high profile games, and certainly Wembley.

Am a VG member just in case miracles happen!
  • edited December 2015

Nothing wrong with the sofa and cheerleader gimmicks provided the other stuff the club does is right. Does anybody see much moaning about them if we were sweeping all before us on the pitch ? A winning competitive team will mean a happy Valley no matter what crap gimmicks are going on.

It seems to me that apart from what is going on with the development of Sparrows and the new Valley pitch Duchatelet has got everything else horribly wrong. Frankly the only way RD can get us onside is by putting his priorities into making us worth watching. If we're winning the fans will come back. It really is that simple.

I find it hard to believe he's too thick to see that.

This but he is so arrogant he believes his way will do this, he believes he can stick a Belgium Pub League manager into the job and he will produce the goods, he believes that he can purchase a young player based on stats and it will work as if by magic.

Roland it is quite clear it will not work - others have told you this people respected in the game yet you still believe you are right and they are wrong or bitter ex employees.

Please Please see that it is not working it will not work and either adapt the strategy or cut your losses and sell up to someone who can take this club forward.

Why dont you just buy tickets as and when, the not buying a ST will send a clear message also.
    To be honest with you RoseandCrown that is still a consideration and I'm certainly not ruling that option out. I sway from shall I renew or not but after last night it certainly makes my decision easier. I don't go to games so much now for the football, it's more of a social thing where I meet up with friends for a drink so the games are just an aside or an irritation.
  • Nothing wrong with the sofa and cheerleader gimmicks provided the other stuff the club does is right. Does anybody see much moaning about them if we were sweeping all before us on the pitch ? A winning competitive team will mean a happy Valley no matter what crap gimmicks are going on.

It seems to me that apart from what is going on with the development of Sparrows and the new Valley pitch Duchatelet has got everything else horribly wrong. Frankly the only way RD can get us onside is by putting his priorities into making us worth watching. If we're winning the fans will come back. It really is that simple.

I find it hard to believe he's too thick to see that.

But if people don't like the Sofa and Cheerleaders they can always ignore them?

I don't like either and simply act as though they don't exist, they don't have an effect on the results on the pitch so whats the point of worrying about silly little things like that?
  • Will stay in Valley Gold, but not renewing, miss too games due to childcare