Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Bolton Post Match Thread

123457»

Comments

• Hex said:

Diarra was a major problem tonight. Even though he was playing in defence he couldn't resist trying to play his midfield role as well. Lennon needed an experienced central defender alongside him to talk him through the match. Instead, every time he looked up, Diarra had gone walkabout.

The thing is we didn't have an experienced CB available. I think we get it that we're missing Diarra in midfield. That has been the major problem lately. Would Sarr have been able to slot alongside lennon after HT to allow Diarra to push forward? In my opinion that was what it was crying out for, but would Sarr have been able to cope? Who knows as it wasn't tried so I suppose we leave it at that.
  • Oggy Red said You talk about weak characters ....... but most of those you single out are still very young.

The ones you can say we can depend on, are generally the older, more experienced guys.
    And there's not enough of them.

That's the problem.

What would that team have been like last night with Kermoghant and Morrison, two players with experience to shepherd the youngsters through.
    Two players who the management thought they didn't need. I despair of the set up now.
    They say they know who they want in the January transfer market, but will they get them? What player would want to come to our club at the moment?
  • Ominously Fraeye is quoted in The Evening Standard today as blaming the players for not rising to the task - not a good sign. If he loses the dressing room, what next?

He's going from the Jose Mourinho bravado on appointment to the flailings shortly before being dismissed without any of the successful times in between.
  • edited December 2015
    We have Henderson as keeper, defenders like Bauer and Solly, midfielders like JBG and Diarra and a front line of Reza, Vaz Te and Lookman... We should not be getting relegated with that team. If we get relegated it is down to ownership and management which is something that does not have to be running like it currently is.
  • For some reason there was a belief that a no mark from belgian div 3 would be the tactical mastermind for a thin squad of average to poor players. Shock horror it's not worked.

We've got no chance unless the stubborn and incompetent board bring in a decent manager and a couple of players.
  • dizzee said:

We have Henderson as keeper, defenders like Bauer and Solly, midfielders like JBG and Diarra and a front line of Reza, Vaz Te and Lookman... We should not be getting relegated with that team. If we get relegated it is down to ownership and management which is something that does not have to be running like it currently is.

But JBG is a one trick pony who has been found out this season - can't take a man on just goes backwards or into the crowded middle - his shooting and set pieces this season have been atrocious and is one of the most inept tacklers I've ever seen (and I remember Dick Tydeman)

Solly and Diarra shouldn't be expected to play 2 games a week but are forced to due to there being no cover at all. Vaz Te is the new Adjarevic - can only perform in short 10 minute bursts and looks dead on his feet after an hour, Lookman is only 18 and risks being burnt out or Charltonised if he plays every game and Reza may have upped his game since his the 13/14 season but he's really not that good.

The rest of the team lack experience and are all losing form or confidence and yet our Belgian Div 3 coach thinks the squad is fine. If we don't get relegated it is because there are 3 worse teams and even Bolton looked like the better team on Tuesday (and they were crap)
  • Sponsored links:

• We should remember our second goal was well worked and well taken. There are glimpses of hope.

I was just looking at this. What the hell was Lennon doing up there? He missed a sitter!
    He realised we wouldn't get enough purchase on the ball so he did clever back heal pass to the advacing Lookman. Lookmans on it. Bosh! How d'ya like them onions! 2-0 Charlton

• JBG is a good player. He shouldn't be forced out wide all the time, at our best this season the midfielders and sort of wingers switched spaces, cousins came out right, JBG moved in through the middle, he is at his best driving forwards onto a pass into feet around 20 yards out, last season loads went in, this season out on the right the cutting inside move to develop that has been caught out. Get him the ball there another way. He's not having a great run but he is a really good player and I don't often say this but anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron.
  • Just an example. I know nothing about running a restaurant. If I had more money than I knew what to do with, and bought one that was running okay but losing money (i can' t imagine why I'd do this, but anyway...), I would try to keep the experienced people. I might bring in a manager to supervise the running, but I would advertise for someone with experience in the restaurant business, not a lawyer. I might decide to close monday and tuesday to save money, and maybe do reductions on wednesday, and put a sofa somewhere for the punters to sit on while they wait for a table. But I would want a menu with food people want, and good chef's to prepare it' and good waiters to serve it. If I did'nt have money to do it properly, I would'nt have bought a fucking restaurant. I'd just go and eat in one.

Katrien out.

Brilliant post says it all for met
  • Turns out that we were 2 up against a team £173m in debt, players that hadn't been paid and a manager mixed up in blackmail and an affair. I reckon they were there for the taking
  • Just an example. I know nothing about running a restaurant. If I had more money than I knew what to do with, and bought one that was running okay but losing money (i can' t imagine why I'd do this, but anyway...), I would try to keep the experienced people. I might bring in a manager to supervise the running, but I would advertise for someone with experience in the restaurant business, not a lawyer. I might decide to close monday and tuesday to save money, and maybe do reductions on wednesday, and put a sofa somewhere for the punters to sit on while they wait for a table. But I would want a menu with food people want, and good chef's to prepare it' and good waiters to serve it. If I did'nt have money to do it properly, I would'nt have bought a fucking restaurant. I'd just go and eat in one.

Katrien out.

You forgot playing your own personal taste in music which any pub landlord knows is a no-no.
  • edited December 2015
    Seth Plum has it. The long litany - the manager is wrong, the owner is wrong, the chomp in Crossbars is wrong, the holes in the car park are wrong, the slight change of the red shirt is wrong.

There is one thing Seth missed - We have got the wrong players.

Keeper: Henderson fluffs it.

Right-back: Solly is shot.

Left-back: Fox is a seven-year-old girl.

Central defenders: What on earth are they doing? Home to Ipswich: their striker fumbles in our six-yard-box - then retrieves the ball, passes, and scores. Our defenders stare at him. Statues.

Midfield. Do me a favour, luv. Vapid and vacuous. Our defensive clearances are kicked twelve yards out. Gudmundsson is meant to be a midfielder, to receive, swivel, and set the strikers free. Or Cousins. Where are they? Absent.

May I mention our strikers? Ha ha! It takes an eighteen-year-old child to shoot hard, low, and accurately. Now he is injured.

We will escape relegation by three points - and lots of people on the forum will squeak: "It's a triumph!"

• -------------Hendo
    -----Lennon - Bauer - Sarr
    Solly---------------------THD
    ------Jacko ----- Diarra
    ------------JBG
    -------Mak - Lookman

Next game please