Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Bolton Post Match Thread

Comments

• Too depressed to comment in any depth. But tonight I know for sure that we are going down. Even our good players were crap tonight. Bolton are mindblowingly awful but should have won. Heskey aged 94 gave Simon a lesson on how to play the big bloke up front role. Ba is no more a footballer than my dog. Crowd must have been about six thousand whatever the official figure was. Bah fucking humbug if you'll pardon my French (or Flemish).

Goodnight.

Depressed of Dartford.
  • Boy sick so we couldn't attend. Listened on Player.

Couldn't believe how much pressure we were under after goal 2. Isn't that the time to consolidate and hold for 10 minutes and then go again?

I think Freaye put up our best side but a more experienced manager would have tried to shift the formation a bit after going 2-0 up, with more experienced players he wouldn't need to.

JBG has not been on it for a few games and has picked up an injury. Lookman suddenly got on it but he is super young and shouldn't be expected to play a full 90 and is either knackered or got a hamstring injury, neither subs were tactical and it's disappointing to hear boos for them but you can't see the injuries in the crowd so much. Most people watch the ball and the movement only just off it

We have a very thin squad which has been surprisingly boosted by Lennon who appeared to have another excellent game considering and Lookman. Everyone else is injured or run into the ground.

If we could afford an extra 5 players we would be fine. Not happening with payed for gates of 13k and actuL attendees of around 8k.
  • Another lightweight performance by a side outplayed for much of the game at home by the bottom club.

2-0 up but the manager can't change tactics and close out the game, poor goalkeeping by Henderson equally poor defending by Diarra. Cousins and Jackson blown off the ball easily and other players disappearing for long periods.

All in all a totally unprofessional performance (again) and let down by the senior pros and the bungling Belgians who run the show, league one guaranteed unless we strengthen in January both on and off the pitch, shit shambles of a club.

The ref was just as clueless as the players.
  • RedPanda said:

"I thought we were excellent for 31 minutes."

I thought we were excellent for 31 seconds (including a few seconds of celebrating)
  • A song and a film to describe tonight's performance.

We're on the road to nowhere and Clueless

Goodnight ...

• Ba, terrible decisions on distribution every time I've seen him and also today. Get rid.

Diarra - did he play for France in a World Cup winning side as a defensive midfielder? Don't ever play him as cover in CB role, buy proper cover into that role.

As per above, Sarr is not that cover, let him go.

Get Vaz Te fitter and play him as one of two up front or through the middle don't play him out wide

JBG is better closer to the middle and he can change sides. Oh look we can play formations that evolve during the game rather than one which is set in stone at the start. Oh no we can't because none of the player understand each other. Grrr, teach them a f***ing sign language or something.

With traditional understatement I would say I am currently quite cross.

• To be fair to Fraeye (the head coach) the problem wasn't his tactics, but the dismal lack of depth in the squad, which may be the fault of Fraeye (the recruitment guru).

There were tired legs, Lookman maybe had a slight knock, and we had NOBODY on the bench with the experience we needed. That game was crying out for a Diarra from the bench to steady things in midfield, instead he plays at CB and gets completely bullied by Heskey. Our lack of experienced CBs really showed tonight, against Heskey, TBH, Bikey or Johnson would have been perfect.

It's a pattern, we start well, but when we get tired we bring on worse players.
  • Sponsored links:

• We have upto tonight been watching the club die slowly, but tonight I believe that the pace of our demise is quickening.
    Unless something is done soon we will see Charlton as we know it no longer exist. God help us!
  • Didn't go and to be honest, don,t care anymore. ! Shout me when someone who gives a shit is running or owning the club !
  • Sums it up for me from BBC website-:
    Emile Heskey's first goal in almost a year sparked Bolton's fightback as the Championship's bottom side earned a point at fellow strugglers Charlton.

So we are 2-0 up, at home, and a team struggling below us get a draw as a player who has not scored in a year drags them back into the game!! Time to move the 3 amigo's on......au revoire or whatever they say in Belgium to RD/KM/KF before you completely ruin this club!!
  • Awful, inept, and gutless by so many out there tonight. I know we all see the game differently but from my perspective Vaz Te never broke sweat and never closed down their defenders leaving them free to play the ball wherever they chose. Reza did his usual scuttling runs but apart from one brainless foul (booked) didn't win any tackles, mainly because he ensured he never got close enough. With Gudmunson having yet another 'off form' game (these are coming with frightening regularity) we had only Lookman posing any threat up top. Cousins had a nightmare as did Holmes-Dennis and Jacko wasn't any better. All in all a performance that screams Division 1. What a depressing evening.
  • I cannot accept that ALL the players other than Lookman were 'dogshite.' Diarra and Lennon played well and Solly put in some strong challenges; but the midfield were non-existent and provided little for the two strikers. Reza just cannot cut the mustard in the Championship, too lightweight and dwells on the ball too much. Carol has been quoted as saying that sooner or later we were going to score goal and give someone a bashing; well, if you go 2-0 up on the bottom club what more does he want? What will be the excuse this time? Mind you, can't see the point of booing him because he substituted Lookman if indeed the boy had a hamstring injury. On tonight's performance can only see relegation come May, even if by some miracle we draft in 3 'quality' players in January, I fear by then it will be too late.
  • Sponsored links:

• There's no lack of effort but hard to discern any tactical plan - I lost count of the number of forward combinations we tried yet we didn't create a single second half chance from open play.

Lack of atmosphere doesn't help either, nor does mindless booing of Makienok.

Meanwhile someone smarter than me can explain why Ba was left up at a 91st minute Bolton corner, but Reza was defending.

Same reason Cousins stays back at our corners and Ba goes forward. He's just too much of a liability to have near our 'defence'.
  • It's not often you get to visit the future but tonight ladies and gentleman we were able to watch a fixture from the 2016/17 League One season.
  • This season is so painful. I hate it.
  • So we went 2-0 up at home against a team who haven't won in 25 league games and we managed to throw away that lead. Within the first half. If we can't beat that lot then who can we beat?

Oh well, classic Charlton. Sign up for high, free dose of low.
  • Tactically inept.

No idea with the substitutions and the formation which we ended up "playing"

The manger must change NOW.

No more chances. We can stay up but we have to get a manger with experience in now.

Poor performances from the goalkeeper through the middle to the front. Hendersons distribution at time is awful.

We only have 1-2 players per game who actually perform. Need 8-9 !!!

Please no. We need Jesus, and technically he's coming again in 10 days. May be the only hope we have. I might be reverting to prayer soon. Never thought I'd say that!
  • What can I say that hasn't already been said a million times before over the last few months. This was a true litmus test, and failing to capitalise on a 2-0 lead at home to bottom of the league screams one thing - relegation. That was a League One standard game.

No dialogue. No compromises. No halfway measures. They are a cancer to our club and we will only heal once every shred of this ludicrous regime, top to bottom (including that effing sofa), are gone.
  • Feels like a loss. That fucking clown Ba can jog on January along with that show pony JBG. Cousins, What the feck has happened to him? Couldn't pass a parcel and gives bollockings to other players for giving the ball away. No one cheered when he actually passed to his own player but Makienok gets a sarcastic cheer at for heading the ball. Embarrasing. Too many players giving the ball away like it was a hot potato ( piss poor analogy but I am trying to get my words out without losing the plot ). Even Henderson thought it was the better option to hoof it up to no one when Cousins was screaming for it in plenty of space and said hoof comes back and they nearly fecking score. Reza gets better every game and Vaz Te is getting fitter but its the bits in the middle and at the back are like a fecking house of cards. I am about to explode like a mushroom fecking cloud after that. No need to mention Lookman. Without him we are fucked.
  • Mass boycott only option .... And all interaction with the club has the same comment 'we are not coming back until you hire an actual manager and buy some actual players ... Good bye'

I hope they both keel over and die at this point
  • We missed several chances to get the ball in their box with our Barca like free kicks (two yard sideways prod). Invariably they ended up with Henderson or even worse in the possession of the opposition. We are simply not good enough to let these opportunities go begging.
  • Have to say Watt was the most exciting player I have seen down our place for many a year - and of course he scored again for Cardiff tonight; however (and this is from someone inside the club, and no I am not going to name them) that his attitude was poor and disruptive - this is not a one-off; it's no coincidence that Celtic and Standard Liege let him go. The last thing you need in a team already fragile in body and spirit is a disruptive individual in the dressing room and training pitch. I would love to see him come back but can't see it, think he is another one of those sad players who have all the talent but let's it all go to waste.