Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Bolton Post Match Thread

Comments

• Abysmal and I am being kind
  • Burney to paste us Saturday 4-1
  • "I thought we were excellent for 31 minutes."
  • Tactically inept.

No idea with the substitutions and the formation which we ended up "playing"

The manger must change NOW.

No more chances. We can stay up but we have to get a manger with experience in now.

Poor performances from the goalkeeper through the middle to the front. Hendersons distribution at time is awful.

We only have 1-2 players per game who actually perform. Need 8-9 !!!

• Goodbye Lookman
    Going down
    League one
  • Please don't give Tony Watt away as Lookman may be out
    for a bit, plus they should be tried together.
    Could be our last hope and some decent defenders!
  • Sponsored links:

• JBG had a knock, signalled to bench a few mins before, Lookie didn't look injured so maybe Roland got a half time offer he couldn't refuse.
  • RedPanda said:

"I thought we were excellent for 31 minutes."

That will be the 31 minutes I missed at the start was it?
  • Two subs which were injuries... As mentioned Lookman went off because of the hamstring; Gudmundsson signaled to the bench stating that he had to come off because he was holding his ankle
  • seth plum said:

PWR

Of course with two weeks to the transfer window we can assume Karel 'mastermind' Fraeye will stay until our relegation at the end of this season.

You say that as if it's managers that choose the transfers in this regime
  • There's no lack of effort but hard to discern any tactical plan - I lost count of the number of forward combinations we tried yet we didn't create a single second half chance from open play.

Lack of atmosphere doesn't help either, nor does mindless booing of Makienok.

Meanwhile someone smarter than me can explain why Ba was left up at a 91st minute Bolton corner, but Reza was defending.

• Two subs which were injuries... As mentioned Lookman went off because of the hamstring; Gudmundsson signaled to the bench stating that he had to come off because he was holding his ankle

Fair enough could well be true...but still leaves the question of who signalled Ba to come on.

• The writing was on the wall MK Dons away when KF just kept putting strikers on in the hope one might score. Clueless.
  • Lookman was struggling with hamstring, he had to come off, if he left him on and pulled it, KF would be in wrong, can't win.

Saying that, God knows why we stopped playing. We conceded and like Brighton, knew we would give it away.

Second half was predictable and lacklustre. Not blaming the Lino, but my word he was awful!
  • Sponsored links:

• Shocking with the exception of Solly and Lookman. Defending was dire - THD barely got a tackle in and we couldn't clear our lines. Henderson at fault for the second and he seemed reluctant to come for the ball throughout the game. Cousins and Jackson were almost invisible.
    Ba and Makienok hopeless when they came on.

Bolton should have won - we seem to have no confidence and can't do the basics.
  • 2 up no nous , discipline shape shocking cousins that's the worst ive seen him , Ba must be cross eyed had 3 decent passing opportunities and chose the wrong one , honestly can't see any light at the end of the tunnel shite times ahead , something has to give ie a full time manager would help .
  • The writing was on the wall MK Dons away when KF just kept putting strikers on in the hope one might score. Clueless.

And even before that, when we signed the coach from a Belgian Sunday League team. Speaks in leaps and boundaries. And this man could be in charge of us for a fairly long period.. Depressing
  • seth plum said:

PWR

Where on earth to start?

So.

We have an experienced championship manager in Lennon, and the players of Bolton Wanderers, they're away from home, have no money, players who haven't been paid, and are 2-0 down after 25 minutes. So what they did was roll their sleeves up, press us, not give up, get back to 2-2 by half time and despite us hitting the woodwork Bolton could easily have won that.

What do you reckon Karel, Katrien and Roland? Losing a two goal lead is the new 0-3 is it?

No.

You have a club in dire straits, but with people who know the merciless grinding nature of this league who were basically better than us. Better than us for all our bits of flash and moments of decorative play. They were better than us viscerally.

So Karels response is to take off Ademola 'hmm he is on a hat trick but he doesn't look interested and he is small, we will be much better with Simon' Lookman. Jacko, the one player with the kind of experience to make some kind of intelligent on field assessment of the situation 'ah Jacko I will hook him, he looks old, and has very little resale value anyway'. Then JBG a player with a bit of trickery, and some nous the way he was cutting in and searching for something second half, Karel takes him off. KAG comes on too late to affect things, but the biggest crime of management of the night was to INSTRUCT BA TO GO ON AND PLAY FOR BOLTON!!!

The above is true. Seriously.

So? Regime? You can handle all this English football lark can you? If you're not measuring it in results then maybe in attendances?

Oh hang on.

Of course with two weeks to the transfer window we can assume Karel 'mastermind' Fraeye will stay until our relegation at the end of this season.

Positives?
    Fastest goal I can remember seeing at the Valley for us.
    Lookman.
    Diarra.

I feel angrier than usual tonight.

Try to RWP instead of PWR then! That'll help you out!
  • Bringing on El Hadji Ba and KAG does what exactly? Neither of them have no distinct qualities to bring to the side - absolutely nothing.

Reza is not the answer.

FFS get Tony Watt back and get an actual MANAGER in.
  • We were maybe trying a little too hard at times. We just needed more calmness.
  • And more belief and more ability and more players and more of a manager