Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton have appointed Karel Fraeye as Interim Head Coach

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    edited October 2017

How's the laundry basket, surely a piece for the museum.

The LIAR banner would also make a fine exhibit.....if it still exists?
    Or at the very least a nice sized framed photo.
  • Options
    Remember when he sent the sub on with written instructions for Jacko?
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Karel Fraeye isn’t in football anymore. Heard he’s in some sort of property related job, can’t remember exact details.

The Belgian Dion Dublin. Waffles under the Grill.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Remember when he sent the sub on with written instructions for Jacko?

Charlton life pub quiz question.. who was that substitute?
  • Options
    In February 2016, Fraeye was appointed head coach of Belgian Second Division team Lommel United, with the initial aim of preventing relegation.[5] Fraeye succeeded in keeping the team at the second level, but was sacked the next season in the beginning of October

Harsh...
  • Options
    Along with Luzon he was appointed after KM carried out all those interviews for the vacancy.
  • Options
    Reading the first few pages of this thread makes me wanna cry. What the fuck happened to our club?

#RolandOut
    #MiereOut
    #KeohaneOut
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Fraeye appointment was the low point for me in hindsight. He really didn't have a clue and his appointment showed that RD was out of control at that time. He had lost it. Looking at what has happened since I think some sort of lightbulb must have gone off in RD's head after that but the damage had been done.

Roland Out.
  • Options

This appointment was the ultimate insult to CAFC and fans , how could a guy from the Belgium 3rd division possibly be deemed good enough to manage Charlton ? The final straw for me

Makes the Dowie appointment look shrewd.
  • Options

It was Elfsborg who finally disposed of poor Mr Fraeye. A photo was posted on here of Elfs at 'Uddersfield in a fearsome coat that resembled the carapace of a killer armadillo, leaning over the barrier, shouting and pointing at Fraeye, who was cowering on the bench. We lost 5-0 and the only way Fraeye could get out of town alive was inside a laundry basket.

Colchester, not Huddersfield
  • Options
    edited October 2017

It was Elfsborg who finally disposed of poor Mr Fraeye. A photo was posted on here of Elfs at 'Uddersfield in a fearsome coat that resembled the carapace of a killer armadillo, leaning over the barrier, shouting and pointing at Fraeye, who was cowering on the bench. We lost 5-0 and the only way Fraeye could get out of town alive was inside a laundry basket.

I don't do midweek away fixtures.

**Update**, I now don't do fixtures on a day ending in Y!
  • Options
    Just reading this again is very bad for my health
  • Options

• Options

He looks like a hand grenade

10, 9, 8, 7,........,,,,,,,,,,,,Don't let me down Elfs :wink: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

He cant count, well he does not count rounds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I see this as pretty much the key moment of Rolands reign of terror.

Plenty had gone before and lots of people were pissed off already but for most this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

A proper appointment then and so much could have been avoided.

And it indeed could have got worse, as I'm reliably informed that had it not been for the widespread protest movement and certain people close to his ear begging him not to do it for fear of the reaction, Roland would have followed up Fraeye with that Nobby Vinegar bloke.
    Thing is, I wish he'd done it now. We went down anyway and all that period did was slightly damage the memory of Riga's time at the club. I was so disappointed with him after the MK Dons match where he set up for a gentle draw against a team we could have killed. Nobby on the other hand might have been hilarious. And now we'll never know just how bad it could have got. If Roland is going to Roland he may as well Roland properly. Hiring Riga back was neither one thing nor the other and it didn't help anyone.
  • Options

Got a legitimate out-loud laugh at my desk. Back to the 'skiving at work' thread.
  • Options
    Can only second what people are saying about this being the low point.

Mixture of disbelief and finally accepting that my club was going down the toilet. It's not over until they're gone, but things feel a hell of a lot better now.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

He cant count, well he does not count rounds.
    It's because I buy so many I lose count.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Ffs, that is a Ralph Lauren I purchased from the Ashford outlet store.

£400 down to £70, an absolute bargain and warm as toast. I love that coat regardless of the silly comments about it.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

£400 down to £70, an absolute bargain and warm as toast. I love that coat regardless of the silly comments about it.
    Kids sizes are always cheaper.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Kids sizes are always cheaper.
    Fuck off Otto.
  • Options

He'll be out before the end of the season to be replaced by either Riga, Peeters or Luzon.

I'd just like to point out (rather belatedly) that I got this right.

Karel Fraeye October 2015 – January 2016
    José Riga January 2016 – May 2016
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Karel Fraeye isn’t in football anymore. Heard he’s in some sort of property related job, can’t remember exact details.

Selling houses of straw - no change really.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Probably still in South London, working as an estate agent for Pedder. He would fit in well with their culture of blustering incompetence