Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton have appointed Karel Fraeye as Interim Head Coach

Comments

• Options

There's no way we are staying up unless RD dips his hand in his pocket in January and even then it will require a miracle

And even if we do stay up I still hate the boring Belgian circus like freak show we have become

Sure a few fans will start wearing their knees out again as they re embrace what a masterful visionary Roland is but I have lost my Charlton mojo cos of that man and I dislike him with a passion

Is Mark Stow our scout ?

Think Roland left/sold Standard Liege because he was getting threatened by their fans

I'm not sure this time ooh aah. I was perturbed after the mess of Peeters leaving and the way GL was recruited. Yes, I bought back into things might be okay given GL's start. I was equally encouraged with the activity in the summer and positive start we made. They're now well and truly out of credit with me. I think I have noticed others on here that have a similar view point.

Nothing but an absolute change of strategy now and a gesture that mistakes have been made, getting an experienced manager in etc will convince me to think otherwise .

I've seen some people on here, posters who I respect and enjoy reading their comments, become all to disillusioned with it.

I'll continue to go to games, I won't let an owner I don't like spoil part of my life that has been there for 25 odd years, but I'm very detached from it all
  • Options
    Do you think we can get Standard's insane people fans in on loan to try to force Roland out?
  • Options
    KF just wants us to be happy!
    We're still undefeated under his reign!
    When his appointment proves to be a stroke of genius you non-believers will be eating your words.
    (These RD mind control drugs I've been taking are marvellous)
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Jackson should have been appointed 'interim' manager, IF IF the owner is seriously looking around for a suitable permanent appointment.
    Excuse my language .. MIllwall .. appointed a player, Neil Harris, with no managerial experience other than at youth level .. that is working out very well .. knowledge of the cheaper end of the ENGLISH player market means that Harris is signing decent loanees as well as cheapish perms .. why couldn't we have signed Morison when he was available? .. assuming that he would have wanted to cross the great divide

Brilliant he took them down ......you not listened to what Millwall fans say about him
    Good idea wonder what Mike Small doing now we could sign him as well
    you reckon ? .. 'olloway had them in the bottom three when he took over .. would be more accurate to write that he was unable to prevent relegation in the short time available to him last season and is doing a decent job so far this season ..
    Another one like Powell who's level is div 1
    Millwall fans I knew say if they get back up they need a better manager to stay there
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Jackson should have been appointed 'interim' manager, IF IF the owner is seriously looking around for a suitable permanent appointment.
    Excuse my language .. MIllwall .. appointed a player, Neil Harris, with no managerial experience other than at youth level .. that is working out very well .. knowledge of the cheaper end of the ENGLISH player market means that Harris is signing decent loanees as well as cheapish perms .. why couldn't we have signed Morison when he was available? .. assuming that he would have wanted to cross the great divide

Brilliant he took them down ......you not listened to what Millwall fans say about him
    you reckon ? .. 'olloway had them in the bottom three when he took over .. would be more accurate to write that he was unable to prevent relegation in the short time available to him last season and is doing a decent job so far this season ..
    Millwall fans I knew say if they get back up they need a better manager to stay there
    Huddersfield aren't in the bottom three unlike us. Your prejudice stops you from thinking Colin. Will you still be bigging up RD and the crew on div 1 next season?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Huddersfield aren't in the bottom three unlike us. Your prejudice stops you from thinking Colin. Will you still be bigging up RD and the crew on div 1 next season?
    Of course he will. Any failings will be down to the likes of Solly, Euell and Jackson ie people Colin associates with Powell. All successes will be down to RD and whoever his coach is that week.
  • Options
    League One team next year?

Pope
    Solly ... Sarr ... Lennon ... Fox
    Charles-Cook ... Jackson ... Cousins
    Ahearne-Grant ... Pigott ... Harriott

With a bench involving Polish Pete?
  • Options

There's no way we are staying up unless RD dips his hand in his pocket in January and even then it will require a miracle.

The team that played so well at the start of this season. Once all pulling together and playing to their potential IMO are far to good to be relegated.

• Options
    Just saw the name Mark Stow. He's one of my scouts on Football Manager 2011. According to that, he's got Adaptability of 10; Determination of 12; Judging Player Ability of 14 and Judging Player Potential of 18 (all out of 20).

He's also markedly improved since I brought him in (stats of 10/12/11/14 or something).

Roland's one for stats, I thought you'd all like to know.
  • Options
    Then again, Yohann Thuram-Ulien just won the Best Goalkeeper Award on that campaign, so...
  • Options
    kevtherev said:

There's no way we are staying up unless RD dips his hand in his pocket in January and even then it will require a miracle.

The team that played so well at the start of this season. Once all pulling together and playing to their potential IMO are far to good to be relegated.

I hope that this is the case ... Luzon was a bit of a one trick artist .. bang the ball up to Bigmak and live off the layoffs while keeping a tight defence .. this worked until of course Makienok was injured .. no plan B, our performances went downhill very rapidly and team spirit went with it ..
    .. let's hope that Freye has more positive ideas and that Makienok and (especially) Henderson can keep fit and we can field a regular XI ..
    .. our MAIN problem as with so many in this division is an inability to find a decent goalscorer .. where oh where can one be .. I'll keep banging the drum for Madden at Scunthorpe .. BUT .. he'll cost the magic word ..M O N E Y

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Seconded, one of the best articles I have read on our current plight, and makes for sad reading.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:
    Seconded, one of the best articles I have read on our current plight, and makes for sad reading.
    thirded .. although the pessimism is a bit over the top
  • Options
    Fourth'd!

'The decisions that have left Charlton fans – including myself – dismayed and confused under Duchatelet’s ownership have grown too long to list but consider this one fact as a window into how badly managed the club has become in little over 18 months: a quarter of the way into the Championship season and Charlton are currently one point off the bottom with no permanent manager or head coach, no permanent first team coach, no official director of football, no chief scout, no head of communications and a squad desperately reliant on inexperienced academy players to make up the numbers.'

Very well put.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    seth plum said:
    Really well written article. I like the fact that he acknowledged that Roland Duchatelets plan could work in theory (after all, signing players like JBG and an in form Vetokele would probably be impressive for most teams in this division) but in reality the plan just hasn't worked because of the many other things he's failed to do and/or not done properly.
  • Options
    Was Fraeye involved with Powell's demise? Was he the guy responsible for sending over the Liege outcasts and scouting the likes of PP/Nego/Koc etc?
  • Options
    A good article (as ever) and interview from Richard Cawley

I would love to know how exactly Fraeye has been spending his time for the last year or so, that coaching role he had sounds like something to keep his hand in, rather than serious employment.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    "We are working with a very limited budget, especially compared to English standards..."

No change there for Karel...