Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton have appointed Karel Fraeye as Interim Head Coach

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2015
    I bought the SLP today. Richard Cawley did well with the coverage and won't be getting too many more exclusives from Meire. In the article on Fraeye with lots of high praise from Bart Steukers president of VW Hamme. Limited budget, but took VW Hamme do 8th in the Belgium third division. Not doing so well this season but this is due to a lot of injuries. (sound familiar).

'He is a winner. He reads the play well and understands the art of bringing young players together and making them play together.....He takes into consideration the constraints at a club and tries to get the maximum out of it. He is a young man still with a lot of potential - he is just discovering himself'

Cawley says that Fraeye needs to hit the ground running. comments that Riga and Fraeye got a lot of help from the existing coaching team at the time (Matthews / Dyer). The whole article is pretty damning of the move.

Oh well if Fraeye fails, he is only temporary and can be easily replaced / probably without having to say they have fired him. Sounds like he will be able to get his old job back as when likely it all goes pair shaped at Charlton.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley is beginning to show how good a reporter he is.
  • Options
    vff said:

I bought the SLP today. Richard Cawley did well with the coverage and won't be getting too many more exclusives from Meire. In the article on Fraeye with lots of high praise from Bart Steukers president of VW Hamme. Limited budget, but took VW Hamme do 8th in the Belgium third division. Not doing so well this season but this is due to a lot of injuries. (sound familiar).

'He is a winner. He reads the play well and understands the art of bringing young players together and making them play together.....He takes into consideration the constraints at a club and tries to get the maximum out of it. He is a young man still with a lot of potential - he is just discovering himself'

Cawley says that Fraeye needs to hit the ground running. comments that Riga and Fraeye got a lot of help from the existing coaching team at the time (Matthews / Dyer). The whole article is pretty damning of the move.

Oh well if Fraeye fails, he is only temporary and can be easily replaced / probably without having to say they have fired him. Sounds like he will be able to get his old job back as when likely it all goes pair shaped at Charlton.

I'm so glad he's a winner. Guy also loved to win.
  • Options
    I just went back to the first few pages on this 2 year anniversary. We were seething
  • Options

I see this as pretty much the key moment of Rolands reign of terror.

Plenty had gone before and lots of people were pissed off already but for most this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

A proper appointment then and so much could have been avoided.

Agree although by then the squad wasn't good or big enough and I think a poor pre-season was partly to blame for all the injuries we were picking up. At least a proper appointment (not Riga) would have given us a chance of staying up.
  • Options
    Wonder what he's doing under Roland these days...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't wait for when Roland goes and we can do a 'Greatest Hits'.

Surely this will make the top 3?
  • Options

Probably doing the breakfast run for the office which is about all he's good for!
  • Options
    Jesus, Fraeye's back? I only checked out from Charlton life for a few hours ... what the hell happened?!!
  • Options
    thanks for the heart attack
  • Options

scratching his balls?
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

TEL said:

scratching his balls?
    He's more of a licker than a scratcher.
    Thought that was reserved for his ring

• Options
    How's the laundry basket, surely a piece for the museum.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    If Riga had took charge then instead of Fraye and stayed tillthe end of the season how much of the effective ten points with the goal difference would we have made up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Karel Fraeye (born 16 November 1977), is a Belgian football manager who is currently unemployed after being sacked as head coach of Lommel United in October 2016."

Current Wiki entry.

I'm shocked that he's unemployed.
  • Options

Plenty had gone before and lots of people were pissed off already but for most this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

And it indeed could have got worse, as I'm reliably informed that had it not been for the widespread protest movement and certain people close to his ear begging him not to do it for fear of the reaction, Roland would have followed up Fraeye with that Nobby Vinegar bloke.
    One of whom was Fraeye himself
  • Options
    Where's Nobby could be a best seller.
  • Options

And it indeed could have got worse, as I'm reliably informed that had it not been for the widespread protest movement and certain people close to his ear begging him not to do it for fear of the reaction, Roland would have followed up Fraeye with that Nobby Vinegar bloke.
    Well at least Nobby has managerial experience, he's been at Ujpest for years now. So he surely wouldn't have been worse than Karel the clown.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

"Karel Fraeye (born 16 November 1977), is a Belgian football manager who is currently unemployed after being sacked as head coach of Lommel United in October 2016."

Current Wiki entry.

I'm shocked that he's unemployed.

Me too - I didn't think he was competent at anything but maybe he's found his niche.
  • Options
    This appointment was the ultimate insult to CAFC and fans , how could a guy from the Belgium 3rd division possibly be deemed good enough to manage Charlton ? The final straw for me