Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton have appointed Karel Fraeye as Interim Head Coach

Comments

• Options
    colin1961 said:

We have a number of scouts around the country who do reports on players and teams .....

Like who ?
  • Options
    vff said:

colin1961 said:

We have a number of scouts around the country who do reports on players and teams .....

Like who ?
    To be fair most clubs have a number of part time scouts that we don't necessarily know about. I doubt Chapple would have been watching Middlesbrough himself anyway
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    _nam11 said:

seth plum said:

Presumably there will be press day at the training ground on Thursday.

My first question to Karel would be 'Which Middlesbrough players do we need to be wary of?'

For his reply to be.
    "Hasselbaink is smashing them in at the moment. Fear not, we will do our homework."
    Oh gawd. Think I've jinxed it
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2015

vff said:

colin1961 said:

Like who ?
    To be fair most clubs have a number of part time scouts that we don't necessarily know about. I doubt Chapple would have been watching Middlesbrough himself anyway
    OK, so how come the strategy was so flawed against Preston and Brentford in terms of team set up and the midfield being so outnumbered ? The scouts reports were ignored by Luzon ?
  • Options
    vff said:

vff said:

colin1961 said:

Like who ?
    OK, so how come the strategy was so flawed against Preston and Brentford in terms of team set up and the midfield being so outnumbered ? The scouts reports were ignored by Luzon ?
    Perhaps the part-time scouts went with Chapple? If they are part-time, they won't be under contract. I left Wimbledon mid-season to go with Ray Harford to Blackburn. Wimbledon had no say in it. Depends whether The scouts were loyal to Chapple or the club.

Carol should be at Hillsborough tonight to watch Wednesday and/or Old Trafford tomorrow to watch Boro. He has the opportunity to watch both. Wednesday are 4-1-4-1 tonight, but were 4-4-2 to 4-2-4 on Friday at Rotherham. Boro are normally 4-2-3-1.
  • Options
    Hi Tutt Tutt
    Your posts about scouting are very interesting . Did you play as a professional ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Never mind about scouting Middlesboro. Let them worry about us.

Ah, the Luzon approach!

(Certainly if the last two games of tenure were anything to go by!)
  • Options
    vff said:

vff said:

colin1961 said:

Like who ?
    I think Luzon was just a manager that preferred to stick to his one system. He always talked about our team and our system rather than worrying about the opposition. Peeters was similar in the way as well.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

vff said:

vff said:

colin1961 said:

Like who ?
    I think Luzon was just a manager that preferred to stick to his one system. He always talked about our team and our system rather than worrying about the opposition. Peeters was similar in the way as well.
    Lazy in other words.
  • Options

Hi Tutt Tutt
    Your posts about scouting are very interesting . Did you play as a professional ?

Something I was wondering myself.
  • Options
    vff said:

vff said:

colin1961 said:

Like who ?
    Well last season we had great spells and terrible spells all with Chapple as head of scouting!
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2015

vff said:

vff said:

colin1961 said:

Like who ?
    Well last season we had great spells and terrible spells all with Chapple as head of scouting!
    Maybe they ignored the scouting reports as well ? There are some basic things not being completed . I was wondering whether something as basic as scouting the opposition was being overlooked or the scout reports ignoredl. It would make sense to me to get to know the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition, you may be able to get an edge to tip a tight match. Duchatelet and Meire may consider it an unnecessary expense or have just overlooked it. It would be interesting to know what's going on with the scouting currently.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    Difficult situation. I always want CAFC to win but now the club has made clear that Fraeye will get the job if he does well (which is presumably four points from the next four matches at worst) I have to almost hope we don't achieve that. If we do then we get a man who, however delightful and nice, is clearly not remotely experienced enough to manage a Championship (or even league 1/2) side. Opposing managers will rip him to shreds. If it was that easy to move into management then a lot more nobody's would be hired all the time across the leagues.
  • Options
    Makes me laugh when I look back at everyone on here who thought we'd be the network flagship when RD sold Standard. Like he really gives a flying f**k about us. Remember when KM was considering doing away with the Red Red Robin. No purpose, just throwing out something that the fans like but means zip to the Belgians.
  • Options
    It will be very interesting to see how the players react now. I personally felt that in the PNE game it looked as if they had stopped playing for GL. With all what has gone on, will KF be able to motivate the players or are they feeling (as) disillusioned as we are. Not sure we'll be able to tell from Boro game but certainly MKD should be a good indicator.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster said:

vff said:

colin1961 said:

Like who ?
    Made my day!!!
  • Options
    Am not trying to compare the two but Mark Goldberg has done a remarkable job at Bromley.

Not so sure he had the credentials to manage a club beforehand.

Not sure why I am writing this but f*** it, nothing makes sense anymore!

• Options

Am not trying to compare the two but Mark Goldberg has done a remarkable job at Bromley.

If Fraeye had taken over Cray Wanderers it would have been a valid comparison.
  • Options

Hope your not suggesting that he be our next Manager... He's an ex-Palace Chairman!! ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Jackson should have been appointed 'interim' manager, IF IF the owner is seriously looking around for a suitable permanent appointment.
    Excuse my language .. MIllwall .. appointed a player, Neil Harris, with no managerial experience other than at youth level .. that is working out very well .. knowledge of the cheaper end of the ENGLISH player market means that Harris is signing decent loanees as well as cheapish perms .. why couldn't we have signed Morison when he was available? .. assuming that he would have wanted to cross the great divide
  • Options

Hope your not suggesting that he be our next Manager... He's an ex-Palace Chairman!! ;)
    Fully aware.
  • Options

If Fraeye had taken over Cray Wanderers it would have been a valid comparison.
    And therein lies the problem of the Fraeye appointment.