Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton have appointed Karel Fraeye as Interim Head Coach

Comments

• Options
    _nam11 said:

Still think Euell should have been given the job on an interim.

KF knows the Valley...so does Jase, pretty well
    KF knows the Players...so does Jase
    KF is part of the 'network'...so is Jase kind of

Jase knows the club, the values, played and scored for us and knows players from first team, to his youth side. Jase recently got his A licence I believe.

Not forgetting that Jase rhymes with vase.
  • Options

Why have we had nothing from the club... are they so short staffed they can't even organise a press conference for the new boss...
    When Luzon joined we got a short video of him taking his first training session as did Riga so why the radio silence now..

I wanna hear what the guy has to say.. what his ideas are and what he says about the squad.. will certainly give us a chance to see if he will stand up to RD or not..

And I also wanna see what Katrien has to say about it...

I reckon KM hasn't got the words to justify why KF is being brought in and why we are on our 4th manager of their reign. They won't know how to spin this at all
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Why have we had nothing from the club... are they so short staffed they can't even organise a press conference for the new boss...
    When Luzon joined we got a short video of him taking his first training session as did Riga so why the radio silence now..

I wanna hear what the guy has to say.. what his ideas are and what he says about the squad.. will certainly give us a chance to see if he will stand up to RD or not..

I reckon KM hasn't got the words to justify why KF is being brought in and why we are on our 4th manager of their reign. They won't know how to spin this at all
    Fifth (although of course he's only "interim")
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

It's 4 in the afternoon over here ... So frustating ... So powerless ... Roland seems to have the reverse of the Midas touch ...

That strikes a note ;-)
  • Options

Yes, no shot of happy players working hard with the new guy.

No statement from Fraeye

No comment about the process they'll use to pick the new head coach (even if nobody believes it)
  • Options
    KF not doing any interviews before the Boro game according to SLP.....thats nice then (in Mrs Brown's voice)
  • Options
    Greenie said:

_nam11 said:

Still think Euell should have been given the job on an interim.

KF knows the Valley...so does Jase, pretty well
    KF knows the Players...so does Jase
    KF is part of the 'network'...so is Jase kind of

Jase knows the club, the values, played and scored for us and knows players from first team, to his youth side. Jase recently got his A licence I believe.

Not forgetting that Jase rhymes with vase.
    Only if you're an American...
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Presumably there will be press day at the training ground on Thursday.

My first question to Karel would be 'Which Middlesbrough players do we need to be wary of?'

It was stated in the SLP article that Fraeye will not be giving a press conference this week.
  • Options

seth plum said:

My first question to Karel would be 'Which Middlesbrough players do we need to be wary of?'

It was stated in the SLP article that Fraeye will not be giving a press conference this week.
    Can't blame the lad, it'll be the first one he'll have ever given, so he wants to make sure he gets it right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Clearlry even they know this will go down like a lead balloon (or like Charlton down the table) and are trying to keep it low profile. With two away games before he has to face The Valley, I suspect KM is hoping he gets a result of sorts from one of them to dissipate a probable frosty/hostile reception against Sheffield Wednesday
  • Options
    A bit of advice for our new coach Karel.
    You might want to watch this video…

http://youtu.be/yiJ9fy1qSFI
  • Options

cafctom said:

I fcuking hate Charlton right now.

Edit. Sorry - just another bout of anger come over me about this absolute bull$hit we are going through.

Don't worry mate, I keep going from laughing at the situation to being completely livid. I'm sure others are doing the same.
    Ditto, its laughable how bad it is.
    I also try to think, it could be worse we could be X, Y, or Z other club but truth is I couldn't care less what other clubs are doing.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Graeme Souness
  • Options
    On the flip side. Any Sunday league managers doing well at the moment, make sure you keep your CV up to date. We might come calling one day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

For his reply to be.
    "Hasselbaink is smashing them in at the moment. Fear not, we will do our homework."
  • Options
    Where is the confirmation that Fraeye is the preferred choice of permanent coach ?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Just found this statue in Reykjavik. I didn't understand the description, but I'm assuming it's called 'The Charlton Fan'. Just a shame I didn't have a scarf for him.image

Well it's DEFINITELY not NLA.....

:wink:

• Options
    You shouldn't be looking down there FF !
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

seth plum said:

Do you think Middlesbrough will line up in a 4-2-3-1 system & will it be Downing in the middle of the three? Will we set up to counter their system? ( If not, are you going to risk 4 v 5 in midfield?

What plans do you have for Nugent, Fabbrini and Stuani?

The Central Midfield pair of Clayton & Leadbitter are English style midfielders, do you think it's important to have an English spine with Championship experience?

Boro are very good on set plays. Ayala & Amorebieta are both strong in the air. How much have you studied their corner kick routines and will we go zonal or man-for-man.

Carol is obviously a tactical mastermind - so no problem with any of that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfpyD3xYjDg
  • Options
    Interim has finished training today. Has he gone yet?
  • Options
    Quick question. I understand it was Phil Chappell's job to scout the opposition. Now that Phil Chappell's gone is anyone scouting the opposition ? Fraye and his side kick, probably know zip about Middlesborough. Is anyone doing this job now ?