Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton have appointed Karel Fraeye as Interim Head Coach

Comments

• Options
    Totally disillusioned with it all now I hate the thought of not watching Charlton been going since 1971 but why should I spend my hard earned money when the owner doesn't give a shit. Only in football do you get this blind faith of which I am guilty off only before the Preston game we were in the club shop spending £100 !!. But now about had enough
  • Options
    se9addick said:

colin1961 said:

What people are failing to take him s it's a caretaker role , if he does well the. He deserves the job if he don't then a new man will be appointed ... People are saying about the players well they know him they spoke very highly of him and is training methods before so this not a problem
    and he was only a coach at the his club and not manager he may have done the caretaker role there for a short time not sure but he had a manager and asst above him

54 years old and still believing fairy stories...
    Is this serious? Colin is 54?

Genuinely thought he was about 15.
  • Options
    Training should have finished now. Have they gone?
  • Options
    this is absolutely absurd. When clubs sack a manager they put one of the staff in temporary charge, what is wrong with Jason Euell, you don't take someo ne who has a permanent job and give him a temporary one, I suppose we have him for the rest of the season.There are plenty of good managers out there( Malky Mckay is not one of them) who could be appointed after a proper interview process, no need to bring in an untried foreign assistant coach to run a Championship team.
    It really is pathetic, how low can these people sink? Surely it is now time for the worst chief executive in the league to also get her marching orders.
  • Options
    Tramp said:

How did the bookies know that Carol was odds on favourite to succeed Luzon within minutes of the initial dismissal? Must have been an insider tip-off.

I posted last week on one of the Leeds/Rosler threads that we are as much a basket case as Leeds and that we would probably have 3 Managers within a one year period (again)....... one down. two to go, and I suspect that might be three in six months.

Not sure about an insider tip off. I was still in the Oak when I found out Luzon had been sacked. Within 10 minutes I said it would be Fraeye, as its the way these people work.

• Options

se9addick said:

colin1961 said:

What people are failing to take him s it's a caretaker role , if he does well the. He deserves the job if he don't then a new man will be appointed ... People are saying about the players well they know him they spoke very highly of him and is training methods before so this not a problem
    and he was only a coach at the his club and not manager he may have done the caretaker role there for a short time not sure but he had a manager and asst above him

1961 is the number of LOLs his opinions generate every month
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I went to bed early last night after this weekend's excitement really took it out of me. So I'm just waking up to all this this morning and got about 5 posts down when @ShootersHillGuru nailed it.

I do think however that although we know RD is an idiot and has made yet another pathetic decision in managing our club, I do not think they have fully grasped how stupid this appointment will make them look. I say this because looking around our team over the last two games, when we play our slow, backwards football, which will only get slower and more incompetent under KF, they will find it excruciatingly painful to announce KF as full time head coach which we all know he's here to be anyway.

Looking at our next five fixtures, we could be on the end of some right hammerings. In that situation when will RD and KM choose to announce KF as full time? Do they get in early after a 4-0 defeat at Boro on Sat night, or do they wait until Ipswich have spanked us in front of the cameras. Their incompetence knows no limits. KF will NOT be able to arrest this decline in results, the board are NOT actively looking for a full time replacement and YES RD is happy and clueless enough to give it to KF on a full time basis, despite me thinking he could go down as one of the worst managers in our history given our squad and current situation.

I don't know if any of you have seen the film 'Golden Eagle' with Channing Tatum and Steve Carrell. Without ruining it for you Steve Carrell plays John DuPont the heir to the DuPont chemical empire. He has shit loads of money and likes wrestling. He decides to set up/fund his own wrestling stable for the 88 Olympics with Channing Tatum as his prize asset (it's actually based on a true story). Again without ruining the plot line, it turns out DuPont is a nutter who basically destroys everything around him, and actually wants to be a wrestler himself. Now although RD is a self made arsehole (sorry millionaire), there is a touch of the DuPont about him.

DuPont rarely leaves some stately ranch he lives in and is a bit of a recluse, he probably likes the idea of being a football manager but can only do this through buying unsuspecting football clubs and dictating to them what team and players he wants starting. Finally, like DuPont, he's an absolute fucking weirdo who would be better off given a copy of football manager Belgium season 2015/16, locked in a room and not be allowed anywhere near real football ever again.

As for action. Anything any individual supporter feels is the best course of protest for them then fill your boots. Boycotts are a good idea, nothing like an empty stadium to get the message across. For me, I won't let a recluse weirdo and his clueless puppet stop me from coming to watch my club. I, like all of you were here long before these prats were, and we'll all be here for a longtime after. I plan to make good use of my seat conveniently just below the Directors area and should results continue to go as I expect them to, let KM know how much of joke her and RD's stewardship has become.

We will get our Charlton back. It just might take a while. 4 managers in 2 years and from what I can foresee a period of real shit coming up, continued hassle and discontent from the fans, dropping attendances, all these will eventually convince him to go.

You may point to Standard Liege and the trouble he had there, and how long it took, but we know that. RD came here with very little credit in the bank anyway, an element of suspicion and uncertainty. At one or two points in his tenure I believed it may be alright. However, they've consistently made bad decisions now for 2 years. This won't change, incompetence, arrogance and ignorance are the 3 things this man possesses in abundance. It will be a war of attrition. We may be in League 2 by the time he sells up/moves on/or gets discovered to be an alien hell bent on destroying football clubs. Either way we've been through worst before. Better fans than me have brought this club back from its knees, we will do again.

In the meantime, if you are anti RD, do all you can reinforce an aura of negativity around our club at this current time. We're in the shit as it is IMO, no amount of leeway from us will change that.

However if this isn't you, and you give your full continued support then I fully respect that.

good post but the film is Foxcatcher
  • Options

BOYCOTT next home match & Don't give RD any more of your hard earned money. He knows that your loyalty to the club lines his pockets. If you wanna watch them then go to AWAY MATCHES ONLY.

Tony didn't last long did he? Another one bites the dust...

• Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2015
    colin1961 said:

ITS A TEMP.

We are searching for a new manager, someone had to come in now and coach the team, I'm sure we have have another manager soon and a higher reputation one you all desire.

Calm the fuck down

Well said , caretaker manager few weeks back everyone wanted him and Riga back ??
    It's getting really stupid this over reaction to everything the club does
    Why is no one venting there anger at Richard Murray is part of the board
    Murray is not in charge and doesn't own the club or make any decisions ?
  • Options

cabbles said:

I went to bed early last night after this weekend's excitement really took it out of me. So I'm just waking up to all this this morning and got about 5 posts down when @ShootersHillGuru nailed it.

I do think however that although we know RD is an idiot and has made yet another pathetic decision in managing our club, I do not think they have fully grasped how stupid this appointment will make them look. I say this because looking around our team over the last two games, when we play our slow, backwards football, which will only get slower and more incompetent under KF, they will find it excruciatingly painful to announce KF as full time head coach which we all know he's here to be anyway.

Looking at our next five fixtures, we could be on the end of some right hammerings. In that situation when will RD and KM choose to announce KF as full time? Do they get in early after a 4-0 defeat at Boro on Sat night, or do they wait until Ipswich have spanked us in front of the cameras. Their incompetence knows no limits. KF will NOT be able to arrest this decline in results, the board are NOT actively looking for a full time replacement and YES RD is happy and clueless enough to give it to KF on a full time basis, despite me thinking he could go down as one of the worst managers in our history given our squad and current situation.

I don't know if any of you have seen the film 'Golden Eagle' with Channing Tatum and Steve Carrell. Without ruining it for you Steve Carrell plays John DuPont the heir to the DuPont chemical empire. He has shit loads of money and likes wrestling. He decides to set up/fund his own wrestling stable for the 88 Olympics with Channing Tatum as his prize asset (it's actually based on a true story). Again without ruining the plot line, it turns out DuPont is a nutter who basically destroys everything around him, and actually wants to be a wrestler himself. Now although RD is a self made arsehole (sorry millionaire), there is a touch of the DuPont about him.

DuPont rarely leaves some stately ranch he lives in and is a bit of a recluse, he probably likes the idea of being a football manager but can only do this through buying unsuspecting football clubs and dictating to them what team and players he wants starting. Finally, like DuPont, he's an absolute fucking weirdo who would be better off given a copy of football manager Belgium season 2015/16, locked in a room and not be allowed anywhere near real football ever again.

As for action. Anything any individual supporter feels is the best course of protest for them then fill your boots. Boycotts are a good idea, nothing like an empty stadium to get the message across. For me, I won't let a recluse weirdo and his clueless puppet stop me from coming to watch my club. I, like all of you were here long before these prats were, and we'll all be here for a longtime after. I plan to make good use of my seat conveniently just below the Directors area and should results continue to go as I expect them to, let KM know how much of joke her and RD's stewardship has become.

We will get our Charlton back. It just might take a while. 4 managers in 2 years and from what I can foresee a period of real shit coming up, continued hassle and discontent from the fans, dropping attendances, all these will eventually convince him to go.

You may point to Standard Liege and the trouble he had there, and how long it took, but we know that. RD came here with very little credit in the bank anyway, an element of suspicion and uncertainty. At one or two points in his tenure I believed it may be alright. However, they've consistently made bad decisions now for 2 years. This won't change, incompetence, arrogance and ignorance are the 3 things this man possesses in abundance. It will be a war of attrition. We may be in League 2 by the time he sells up/moves on/or gets discovered to be an alien hell bent on destroying football clubs. Either way we've been through worst before. Better fans than me have brought this club back from its knees, we will do again.

In the meantime, if you are anti RD, do all you can reinforce an aura of negativity around our club at this current time. We're in the shit as it is IMO, no amount of leeway from us will change that.

However if this isn't you, and you give your full continued support then I fully respect that.

good post but the film is Foxcatcher
    :blush: that's right - but he gets Tatum to refer to him as 'Golden Eagle' right? Perhaps RD has all his network call him something similar, Dreamboat Duchatalet or something....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh, yeah, forgot that that bloke David Martane was at the club entirely until he was sacked.

Also, why do so many of the network people have LinkedIn profiles? Is that a prerequisite for the job now, or...? (Cos I have one)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Was looking through the Liege anti-RD protest videos on Youtube and came across this one, of (i think) a time when Liege supporters barricaded him in his office and demanded answers. May have been posted on here before, but I'd never seen it.

I would really love to know exactly what they are saying to him, how the specifics compare to our situation. I found it quite mesmerising to watch - two guys belting out what sound like accusation after accusation, while RD sits there looking sheepish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaoGnqUFPcs

• Options

Was looking through the Liege anti-RD protest videos on Youtube and came across this one, of (i think) a time when Liege supporters barricaded him in his office and demanded answers. May have been posted on here before, but I'd never seen it.

I would really love to know exactly what they are saying to him, how the specifics compare to our situation. I found it quite mesmerising to watch - two guys belting out what sound like accusation after accusation, while RD sits there looking sheepish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaoGnqUFPcs

Might explain why he doesn't attend our games.
  • Options
    I dont see the players being motivated by this guy. He had less of a track record than Luzon and how can you take this man seriously. I reckon he has less kbowledege of football than JJ or perhaps Bromley's manager Mark Goldberg!
    Total madness.
  • Options
    Really surprised by the lack of an official statement today from KM stating what exactly is the process now. I assume she's still waiting for the instruction from RD
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Really surprised by the lack of an official statement today from KM stating what exactly is the process now. I assume she's still waiting for the instruction from RD

I would imagine that she is scared to come out and say this is interim as when it turns out he is not she will be shown to be either a liar or a fool once more.

• Options

Bet Alou Diarra (played in the World Cup for one of the worlds best teams), Tony Watt (scored the winner against Barcelona in the Champions League), Gudmundsson (key player in a team that just qualified easily and rightfully for the Euro 2016's) amongst others are all buzzing to be coached by a guy who was just last week coaching amateurs as an amateur coach himself. It's beyond belief the more I think of it

Sums it up perfectly. Just gets more bizarre/depressing/laughable the more you think about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster said:

se9addick said:

colin1961 said:

1961 is the number of LOLs his opinions generate every month
    I know 15 year olds with more sense
  • Options

We are the laughing stock of English football right now. So angry

Nope, still second behind Leeds.
  • Options
    who will be the next manager Chris O'loughlin at St Truiden ex Standard
  • Options
    barstool said:

Be serious... He's English!!

The English Managers go to St. Truiden
    The Belgians go to Charlton Athletic

Next the Germans will go to Alcorcon
    The Spanish will go to Carl Zena Jeiss
  • Options
    this has already been translated and posted.
  • Options

barstool said:

Be serious... He's English!!

The English Managers go to St. Truiden
    The Belgians go to Charlton Athletic

Next the Germans will go to Alcorcon
    The Spanish will go to Carl Zena Jeiss
    Northern Irish to be precise
  • Options
    Will be so funny when we win at Boro!!!!