Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Brentford match thread 24/10/15

Comments

• Says mountains mcc-bottler looks better than this lot that clearly don't care.
  • Temporary sanctuary on the shores of halftime. Big reaction needed second half, the goal knocked the stuffing out of us and we' we're rocking badly for 10 mins or so. Tiny signs we were coming back into things towards the end of the half (I did say tiny).

Desperately need an early goal from somewhere, not that we look likely at all. Moving the ball too slowly around the edge of the box and not enough penetration. Concede again and it's curtains.
  • Also. The players look absolutely knackered and have done for a couple games now
  • HT stats addicks first-:
    possession........37% - 63%
    shots on............ 2 - 2
    shots off........... 4 - 9
    corners............ 1 - 3

GOALS............ 0 - 1
  • Please let us score in the first 40 minutes soon, fed up with Stelling mentioning it every game
  • First-Half... Brentford have been nothing special, they've been all about the passing with no end product other than a well taken goal.

With the start we had, had we converted one of our three chances then you'd be saying the same about us, is very tight at the moment.

Moussa needs to support Fox at the moment, he drifting into the middle too much which is making Judge's life easier against the latter.

At present though this by far Naby Sarr's best match and is looking calm and composed at the moment
  • edited October 2015
    Oakster said:

That was dreadful, Makienok arguing with Watt - Luzon bellowing at Watt & Watt just shrugged his shoulders & turned his back. We are making Brentford look like world beaters, they have us chasing shadows.

I have yet to see a Charlton player pay real attention to any of Luzon's gesticulations. Do they not understand him or just not give a flying one?
  • Jacko has been chasing everything and running his heart out!! I reckon we might just sneak this. . Not been all that bad... didn't deserve to be booed off the pitch! Guy will get into his players at half time and we'll start quickly.. Important to put one away though! JBG and Moussa both had golden opportunities...
  • Huskaris said:

We are so poor in attack. The length of the build up play, the lack of movement, combined with our lack of closing down in defence is key to our downfall at the moment. In essence, we attack poorly in comparison to the teams we play, and we defend poorly in comparison.

Colin of SE7

This, we are so slow and narrow, and that I am afraid to say is the fault of the manager for setting us up to play that way.

Every team that play against us just push their full backs up and spread the ball wide and quickly and we have no answer.
  • Brentford look shit but we look worse

They don't look shit to me. They look a descent side.
    Great Freudian slip typo, but the wrong team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Huskaris said:

Also. The players look absolutely knackered and have done for a couple games now

That leads to injuries you know...
  • edited October 2015
    Started ok. Brentford have played their way into it. Both full-backs have been horrendous. Fox looks like a frightened child and Solly is so far off the pace its laughable. Midfield is being overrun and are chasing shadows. Plus point Sarr has looked 100% better. Solly at fault for the goal lost his man.

Nothing on the bench. Can't see a way back.

Oh and as for McKay, Brentford don't have a manager do they....
  • McCormack doesn't sound that useless now

Neither is Simon Francis it much be Charlton that's the problem ie we charltonise players
  • Need to take your chances or you get punished. On play should be drawing but even that isn't good enough. Being dominated again in midfield, miss Kashi and Jacko is knackered already. Cant see this finishing well for us.
  • We need to get a grip of their 18, Judge, who is running the show as expected. A few sharp tackles wouldn't go amiss either.
    We have run out of ideas already and we need to move the ball around quicker, as we did first 15 mins when we should have scored one or two.
  • Don't know where to start with that 1st half performance. I performed better in the pub.
  • When we look at the bench, you cannot see anyone who could make a difference
  • Despite what we've seen in the first half we are still 100 times better than we were on Tuesday.
    Last Big 45 minutes for Luzon.
  • uie2 said:

McCormack doesn't sound that useless now

Neither is Simon Francis it much be Charlton that's the problem ie we charltonise players
    Or that we have fans who don't give players a chance and are desperate to find someone to slag off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Without wanting to sound like a drama queen, If we don't pull this around in the second half I think guy will be gone
  • Decided to stay at home and annoy the Mrs. Sounds like I made the right choice
  • Decided to stay at home and annoy the Mrs. Sounds like I made the right choice

Does she agree?
  • uie2 said:

McCormack doesn't sound that useless now

Or that we have fans who don't give players a chance and are desperate to find someone to slag off.
    Yep, totally agree. Too many players leave us and do well, it's more than a coincidence.
  • masicat said:

Bloody hell lads...what happened to you lot, you were doing well at the start as well?

Ever been in the middle of a table tennis rally when some wanker strolls up with his hands in his pockets to tell you your holding the bat wrong? F##k Off you twat.
    That's nice! We don't treat guess like that in this house! ;-)
  • teams on way back out...big 45 mins...no changes
  • We were good for the first 10, but after that Brentford got control long before they scored as reflected in the possession.
    Problem is one identified in August, no natural left winger and no attacking central mid. Even our strongest 11 is lacking.
  • addicks attacking Covered End..and we ko
  • McCormack? Championship player with guile and experience at this level? Nah well have Nge Volopstupp from FC Zellbolox!
  • off we go......they have the ball and attack quickly....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!