Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Brentford match thread 24/10/15

edited October 2015 in General Charlton

Good afternoon folks, so here we go then getting ready for one of the most important games of the season so far. After last weeks poor show against Reading followed by an abject and abysmal display against fellow out of form PNE, we entertain (flexible use of that word today) Brentford, who have recently turned performances around with wins against Rotherham and away at Wolves.
How big small will today's crowd be? With players coming back from injury how many will start? Will this be GL's final match or can the team win and spare GL getting the push? All these questions and more will be answered during the next few hours, at 5 pm we will know if we have turned the corner or we are at the bottom of the league and potentially without a manager.
I'll bring you the teams as soon as I get them, but in the meantime............COYR's its time to stand up and be counted!!!

Comments

• Last season we turned things around beginning with Brentford at home... Let's hope we can stuff them 3-0 again today, COYR!!!
  • Word on the street is strong team. Hendo, Gud, Mak, Watt, Moussa all starting
  • edited October 2015
    What a lovely looking team that is!!

THAT is our First Team for me so really excited to see it (Just hope form hasnt killed them)
  • Great team! Let's hope they're all fit and can do the business.
  • Several players returning today.. Some still carrying knocks. Let's hope.
  • Almost our strongest side, you feel GL knows he needs a win or he is gone. COYRs

Nah bunch of youngsters and loanees mate ;)

That is what I hear too
  • Really up for this! Fucking come on!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Best team he could put out, missing Diarra (suspended) and Kashi (Injured)
  • Team news-:Henderson, Solly, Bauer, Sarr, Fox, Gudmundsson, Cousins, Jackson (c), Moussa, Watt, Makienok
    Subs | Pope, Bergdich, Ba, McAleny, Holmes-Dennis, Ghoochannejhad, Ahearne-Grant #cafc

Kids and Foreigners and Jacko
  • No excuses for not getting a result with that line-up.
  • Like the look of that team now let's go on and win
  • good old fashioned 4-4-2 line up, moussa and jbg providing the crosses, big mac for the knockdowns and watt to finish them of....COYR's
  • This is literally the first time in 8 years that I have had a season ticket (not every year I must admit, but I have for the past 5) that I am considering not going. Given that lineup, I think I will go, bar Sarr and possibly Watt, that is the first 11 I would pick.
  • No excuses for not getting a result with that line-up.

Exactly. Last chance saloon for Luzon with the clowns in charge upstairs.
  • shirty5 said:

No excuses for not getting a result with that line-up.

Exactly. Last chance saloon for Luzon with the clowns in charge upstairs.
    Yep agreed, win or bust for GL I reckon. Mind you it still wont deflect from RD leaving the squad woefully short of numbers and experienced quality!!
  • Huskaris said:

This is literally the first time in 8 years that I have had a season ticket (not every year I must admit, but I have for the past 5) that I am considering not going. Given that lineup, I think I will go, bar Sarr and possibly Watt, that is the first 11 I would pick.

Who would you have in ahead of Watt?
  • Huskaris said:

This is literally the first time in 8 years that I have had a season ticket (not every year I must admit, but I have for the past 5) that I am considering not going. Given that lineup, I think I will go, bar Sarr and possibly Watt, that is the first 11 I would pick.

Who would you have in ahead of Watt?
    Would rather give Reza a go and bring Watt on at half time. His entire attitude pisses me off and I don't think I can handle watching him moan at players for a full 90 minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeeeees at last (at least on paper)that's looks right
    square pegs in square holes at long last
    Cheers red for the thread as I'm going to be stuck at work till at least 4
    Good work once again
  • Glad you said Reza not Ahearne-Grant or I might have had to question your sanity :D
  • edited October 2015
    Heavy traffic on the A2. Hope I get time for a pint of Addicks Ale before KO.
    COYR.
  • Jacko looks and sounds really fired up for this... Just yelled his head off to the players: Lets get on it just before they started running from East to the West stand
  • A game changer in reza on the bench
  • 30 mins till ko of the most important game of the season to date..............COYR's lets be having you!!!
  • A game changer in reza on the bench

would like to have seen him starting .. bUt all in all, as others have written, a good, solid looking side for a change .. and thank the lord that Henderson is back .. COME ON YOU ADDICKS
  • That looks like a very good team, sadly I've arranged a night out to avoid the pain that has been listening to CAFCPlayer recently.
  • So it is sink or swim,just hope with the big guns all returning this does not misfire on Charlton.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!