Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reading v Charlton post-match views 2015/16

123457»

Comments

• Someone on Charlton Live was suggesting it was a dive.
  • Vincenzo said:

Someone on Charlton Live was suggesting it was a dive.

That was @KillersBeard. He was convinced it was.

I haven't seen a replay but didn't think it was at the time and don't expect a replay of it would change my mind on that.
  • edited October 2015
    DiscoCAFC said:

Having just watched the highlights, what a stupid tackle by Baur to get sent off! Their was no way he was going to get that.

Disagree

I have re-watched it three or four times and he pulls his foot away at the last minute. The ref has completely bought what the player was selling and given Bauer an unfair booking IMO.

Is that bergdych wearing gloves and getting outjumped for the goal?

Very good header from the reading player though.
  • edited October 2015
    We look very disorganised in the highlights, which is a worry.

Highlights link
    Would have been nice to see our shot on goal...
  • From the ratings thread:
    jamescafc said:

I think JBG has been found out in some respects. Don't get me wrong he is a great player at this level but every time he gets the ball he cuts inside and Reading looked very prepared for this.

I think the real issue is players are ready for JBG as he has two options:

1* Run up the wing ping in a cross to... no one arriving.

2* Cut in and look for the pass along the floor or shoooooooot.

• edited October 2015
    Terrible goal to concede. No attempt to stop the cross, no attempt to mark the man running in. And a defender wearing short sleeves and gloves. Not sure which of these is the worst crime.
  • I hope Luzon doesn't play a defensive game, away from home all season because that is not going to keep us up!
    Reading were very good on the break but showed little else. A very depressing game for the forwards and there moral must be very low.
    McAleny offers very little to the team and I think a reserve player could do that job.
  • Was somewhere with no internet all weekend so I missed everything to do with the match. From a quick glance through it seems that we lost (again, obviously), we deserved it, things aren't great, and this place didn't go into meltdown. Well done everyone.

Feel like this weekend tells me I would live a happier life if I had no access to Charlton Athletic. Maybe I'll look into that
  • Was somewhere with no internet all weekend so I missed everything to do with the match. From a quick glance through it seems that we lost (again, obviously), we deserved it, things aren't great, and this place didn't go into meltdown. Well done everyone.

Feel like this weekend tells me I would live a happier life if I had no access to Charlton Athletic. Maybe I'll look into that

What else is there in life to get excited about, with huge anticipation and expectancy every day?
  • The Obituaries page
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    The problem is, if you are an offensive player in this team, you cant do it alone. Luzon has to find a way to present more of a threat through the team and Watt and JBG will have more freedom. At the moment, Preston probably will have already highlighted the three players they need to stop to nullify our threat. Then as the crowd gets restless and we take risks, they can take advantage.