Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reading v Charlton post-match views 2015/16

Comments

• I'm hoping Ameobi might be the answer. Things must be bad !! Decent first 11, when fit, but nothing if not. Feel for KAG as he shouldn't be playing every week and its not doing him any good. Jacko hasn't the energy to start games and Moussa not fully fit yet. Thought the game plan to frustrate them went ok, to a point, but you also need to threaten their goal and we didn't. Need a win and soon.
  • Can someone explain to me why I have made plans to go to Middlesbrough in two weeks?

Your mummy never loved you as a child?
  • I don't ever remember such levels of apathy. And you can't blame anyone for feeling that way.
  • Sethplum on match thread said: If we lose the next two Luzon will be sacrificed anyway. If that happens I would beg Hasslebaink to take over.

Right now, I'd beg Bank of America to take over.
  • Ref was dreadful, unfit and 10 yards behind the play all game. Straight out with the cards for us and gave nothing for Reading.

Two pretty dreadful teams, with the player advantage making the difference. Not sure why we started KAG up front on his own, he looked lost.

MOTM for me was Diarra.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ref was dreadful, unfit and 10 yards behind the play all game. Straight out with the cards for us and gave nothing for Reading.

Two pretty dreadful teams, with the player advantage making the difference. Not sure why we started KAG up front on his own, he looked lost.

MOTM for me was Diarra.

Because we haven't got much else.

• dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

Two shots on target in 90 plus minutes. What excuse are you going to give COLIN?

FFS some people are fecking obsessed with some bloke who hasn't even posted today. 10 mins after the game and we should have more important concerns than bloody Colin.
    Calm down, I am just interested on what gloss and spin he will put on today's show. We are heading down the shitter with Douchebag and Meire in charge. I can't get angry with Luzon because they are asking him to direct traffic with no arms.

We had an 18 year old leading the line. The squad is not even inadequate, it is worse than that.

If we don't get some of our injured players fit PDQ we will drop even further.

Never mind though, we have Doyley and Ameobi we can bring in.

Yep agreed. We are fcuked.
  • On train back. Awful. Passinng backwards and to the side constantly. Zero threat. Hard to see us outside the bottom six at the end of the season.
  • Absolutely slated by the summariser on talk sport said , we got we deserved absolutely nothing , came with no attacking intent in mind
  • If we are going to have a public protest meeting can we get it in before the weather gets really cold. It was bloody freezing in that hall in February. Ta.

CASTRUST AGM is on 29 Oct at 7.30 in the Bugle Horn. It should be nice and warm but not sure it can take 400...

• You can't expect to win or draw many games without some strikers. I do wonder when they are going to fit again and whether Vetokele is going to play more than the odd game. If the injury problems are worse than we might hope, something needs to be done quickly. If not, let's hope we can sneak a few points before they come back.
  • Interesting that at the start of the season Luzon said we would attack and go for the win every week and then this was served up today
  • Couldn't care less. Barely had a shot, lucky to be just 1
  • Clearly a poor performance with only a single decent attempt on goal. If the tactic was to play for a draw I'm not sure why Luzon didn't opt for 5 across the back by staring Sarr and dropping one of the strikers. TBH strikers are not the problem, nor midfield. We just don't have a sufficient number of good defenders, so Doyley joining (if he does) might be a useful addition, but why would we need Ameobi? The Tuesday game is now critical: at home against a very moderate opposition whose quality is no better, at best, than what we can offer. If defeat happens again the signs will be ominous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think we' ll know everything we need to know by this time next Saturday. I'm not going to panic until then.
  • 2 weeks to get at least a few fit or strengthen the side and nothing is done.

Luzon not helping matters by starting with Watt on the bench and taking off Moussa and JBG. We're not going to win games by sitting back.

I could be angry but strangely just a bit bored of it all.
  • Just like last season about the time we were in a relegation scrap, there were three more shit teams than us. Bolton, Rotherham and Preston are this season's "they're more shit than us".
  • Dangerous game to come out from the first whistle for a nil nil draw, but that was exactly his set up by leaving Watt on the bench and starting with a 18 year old up front on his own. Bunch of midgets up top and one shot on target is not good enough.

At Derby we got battered at times but at least we looked a threat up top. Today was poor and as soon as the goal went in we pretty much gave it up. Ten games without an away league win now. Not good enough.

Massive 2 games coming up this week. Anything less than 3 points and we are in a relegation battle.
  • LouisMend said:
    Without listening, 1 shot in 90 minutes against any team is not everything. Simple as.
  • edited October 2015
    I have seen us get relegated a lot, and this feeling has all the hallmarks of how it felt in those seasons.
    It is ironic that results contributed towards Powell's sacking, and was cited as the reason for Bob Peeters to be sacked too. In both cases it could be argued they were unsupported by the regime, and it looks to be happening all over again. I agree that Luzon per se is not the issue, but I expect he will become the issue and will be sacked if we lose the next two.
    On Tuesday we will have under 10,000 at the Valley, a squad lacking confidence and players still unable to play, and Preston will be up for it, lose that and the Brentford pressure will be immense against a backdrop of sour apathy.

I said earlier that in that scenario I would go after Hasslebaink whilst making the hugely disrespectful assumption that Charlton is a better gig than Burton.