Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reading v Charlton post-match views 2015/16

Comments

• Felt a bit ashamed today as i only live 10 miles from Reading and didnt go to the game, as knew it would be the usual non-performance....

Spoke to a few Reading fans in the evening who went to the match and they said we were dire and on this evidence we will go down...but they were prasing their own team either.

The ref today was the linesman who didnt give the Tottenham goal at Man Utd a few years ago in which Roy Carroll scooped it out of the goal despite it being 2 yards over the line...says it all.

Next two games are crucial but i can only see a draw against Preston and a defeat against Brentford....Luzon will get sacked after that.
  • Felt a bit ashamed today as i only live 10 miles from Reading and didnt go to the game, as knew it would be the usual non-performance....

Spoke to a few Reading fans in the evening who went to the match and they said we were dire and on this evidence we will go down...but they were prasing their own team either.

The ref today was the linesman who didnt give the Tottenham goal at Man Utd a few years ago in which Roy Carroll scooped it out of the goal despite it being 2 yards over the line...says it all.

Next two games are crucial but i can only see a draw against Preston and a defeat against Brentford....Luzon will get sacked after that.

That's the spirit

It is thanks
  • I hope things pick up soon. V depressing at present - if we do badly in the next two fixtures we'll be deep in a relegation battle which we're ill equipped for.
  • cafctom said:

cafctom said:

I know everyone is entitled to a life outside of work but not sure it's wise of Patrick Bauer to be posting pictures of himself on a night out at the O2 with his arms around a couple of young ladies on a day when the fans are so pissed off at a performance like that.

Nope... Be much better if he were to go home, brood over the match, mulling oved it again and again... The moment the decision has happened what can he do about it? Nothing!! The best thing he can do is move on, forget about it and concentrate on the next match.

Hate this with fans these days who expect players to have no lives because they've made a mistake at work.
    Read what I said for Christ sake. My first sentence starts with "I know everyone is entitled to a life outside of work...."

My point being that he will probably get a ton of stick for it, and therefore probably isn't the best idea.
    Read what I said for Christ sake... It wasnt aimed at you... It was aimed at fans who give players stick for having a life outside of football when they lose.

Football is only a bloody game that was created for the world to enjoy... Sadly people like Sky and Sepp Blatter got hold of it and turned it from a Sport into a Business that can no longer just be enjoyed
  • Was Watt deemed unfit to start or was he just dropped on form?
  • Went to game.
    Players not interested.
    Luzon tactics very dubious.
    Relegation battle starts here.
  • When are Kashi,Mac,Henderson and Vetokele due back?
  • edited October 2015
    Is this bloke the next one after Luzon?....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Vukomanović

Also, i notice Metz are doing very well this season under Riga.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is this bloke the next one after Luzon?....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Vukomanović

Also, i notice Metz are doing very well this season under Riga.

Liege are bottom of the league so I hope not!
  • Went to game.
    Players not interested.
    Luzon tactics very dubious.
    Relegation battle starts here.

I agree wholeheartedly with one of these points.
  • edited October 2015

Luzons on borrowed time, zero points from the next two games and he'll be out of the door, need to quickly arrest the slide.

But only if we bring in a English manager that knows this league!! Otherwise what's the point in getting rid of Luzon only for another network coach to come in??
  • If Guy does go then really hoping that RD has learnt his lesson that we need a manager with championship experience. Getting so bored of things under RD and don't really get what his ideas are for us. Lack of communication is terrible and sense things are not too good behind the scenes. Nothing less than 4 points from the next 2 games or we will be deep in trouble
  • edited October 2015

cafctom said:

I know everyone is entitled to a life outside of work but not sure it's wise of Patrick Bauer to be posting pictures of himself on a night out at the O2 with his arms around a couple of young ladies on a day when the fans are so pissed off at a performance like that.

Get a grip ffs. He lost a football match and got sent off. I doubt he was chuffed at that but he does have a life to lead which I doubt includes sackcloth and ashes.

I haven't slated him have I? Read my following post after that.
  • Twickenham was good yesterday - cracking but very expensive day out.

Also met someone fairly high up at the Football League and had an intresting drunk chat about Charlton 's TV game selection etc. Basically nobody watches us when we're on.
  • PL54 said:

Also met someone fairly high up at the Football League and had an intresting drunk chat about Charlton 's TV game selection etc. Basically nobody watches us when we're on.

Exactly , it's that simple , to those outside the Charlton family we are just plain dull (well even to some in the Charlton family that's true )
  • PL54 said:

Twickenham was good yesterday - cracking but very expensive day out.

My mum does.

• PL54 said:

Yeah not many people want to watch football at 11 am on a Sunday
  • Sponsored links:

• Sigh meh. That is all. I'm not inspired to write much else
  • Simon Makienok ‏@SimonMakienok 2h2 hours ago
    full training session done today. what a feeling. cant wait to get back on.

best bit of news of weekend. Suspect Tuesday is too soon but hopefully next Saturday.

• Can someone explain to me why I have made plans to go to Middlesbrough in two weeks?

I can't explain why, but I can give you the number of a good psychiatrist.
  • PL54 said:

My mum does.

Unless your mum is HRH or Bill Gates's Mrs, I'm not sure anyone can base their economic model on your mum's spending power.
  • edited October 2015

PL54 said:

My mum does.

Unless your mum is HRH or Bill Gates's Mrs, I'm not sure anyone can base their economic model on your mum's spending power.
    My mum bases hers on it.

• IA said:

PL54 said:

Yeah not many people want to watch football at 11 am on a Sunday
    I bet there will be a lot of people watching sky at about 11.30 next Sunday
  • Having just watched the highlights, what a stupid tackle by Baur to get sent off! Their was no way he was going to get that.

By the looks of it, if Reading knew how to finished they would have thrashed us!