Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reading v Charlton post-match views 2015/16

Comments

• Listened to the game on cafc player. Sounded like we didn't again have much luck with the ref. Surprised sarr didn't come on when Bauer was sent off for second yellow, guess he's not ready? JBGs internationals clearly drained him, good to have moussa back so cousins can play central. Was expecting worse but disappointed not to come away with a point. Badly need a bit of luck and a win
  • In reality it was always going to be difficult away to arguably the form team of the division.

The next two are must not lose at the very least though in my view.

Have we the character?
  • Why did bergdich start instead of Fox?

Having realised he's bought a ropey left winger he wanted to see if he's got a half decent left full back.
  • Interesting that at the start of the season Luzon said we would attack and go for the win every week and then this was served up today

THIS, The guy is useless & although sacking managers every 6 months is far from ideal I think my nan could do a better job than Luzon........and she's been dead for 20 years !!

Perhaps its my age , or football is changing, but 20 years ago I don't remember going away from home & only having 1 shot on target, 1 off target & 1 corner all game. We lost anyway so we might have as well gone out and attacked - esp after going 1 nil down. Reading werent all that - tidy maybe but their shooting was awful & I don't reckon they will go up this season.

we were insipid & boring. If we don't win our nest 2 games, both of which are at home, we are going down.
  • Miserable afternoon but Luzon not to blame - with the meagre resources at his disposal he came with a decent gameplan ie. don't give the ball away cheaply (virtually no pointless long balls), keep two solid banks of four and frustrate.

It worked for an hour but JBG's injury and Bauer's red blew our chances, though it was odd Luxon went with Ba not Sarr immediately after Bauer went. No surprise we lost to a free header.

Final ten minutes was dire as others have rightly pointed out.
  • Not fully feeling the post match drama to be honest. Most expected us to get dicked. Had we kept 11 men we may have got a point and everyone would be saying solid return. Win today and we would have been up to about 13th.

Things are clearly strained at the mo. Starting with just a rookie up top supported by a player not fully match fit leads you to know it's going to be a negative approach and an uphill battle.

We've big games coming up. Keeping my pallet dry to see where we are post them, but not going to go overboard on today's result, disappointing another defeat is.

Just to add, I wasn't there today.

Very much appreciate it is ten times easier to take a pragmatic approach when you are not there.

• Sponsored links:

• Not fully feeling the post match drama to be honest. Most expected us to get dicked. Had we kept 11 men we may have got a point and everyone would be saying solid return. Win today and we would have been up to about 13th.

Things are clearly strained at the mo. Starting with just a rookie up top supported by a player not fully match fit leads you to know it's going to be a negative approach and an uphill battle.

We've big games coming up. Keeping my pallet dry to see where we are post them, but not going to go overboard on today's result, disappointing another defeat is.

Just to add, I wasn't there today.

Very much appreciate it is ten times easier to take a pragmatic approach when you are not there.

On a whole it was pathetic. So hard to swallow such lack of fight when we went one down regardless of circumstances.

You could almost feel everyone shouting "AT LEAST EFFING TRY!!"

But it was an attitude of "we have a man sent off therefore we will just hide".

Pathetic. No character and a squad destined for the drop unless some minerals are shown.

Two months without a win now.
  • It doesn't hurt quite so much when you lose every week, but Luzon's not there to motivate me personally. Is he motivating the team ?(clearly not). Is he winning matches or even trying to?(little current evidence)... Well it's time to pack your bags then, before matters get a whole lot worse. If only our unspeakable owners would fall on their sword too!
  • Interesting that at the start of the season Luzon said we would attack and go for the win every week and then this was served up today

Wasnt it mentioned by Luzon after we lost at Wolves that we wouldnt always be able to go for the win and that he realised that in that game, we lost because we didnt shut up shop and the Championship to get points you have to be defensive sometimes?
  • we need jj behind the front two the no 10 roll at least he has a goal in him
  • Why did bergdich start instead of Fox?

Because fox is shit..... But so is bergdich, so fair question.
  • edited October 2015
    Even the two shots we had were not threatening in any shape or form.

Truly awful. Guy Luzon lost us that match the moment he thought it would be a good idea to play KAG up front on his own. To play that lone front role you have to be strong or have some pace, and KAG doesn't really have either. And no I'm not trying to dig him out here, this is aimed solely at the manager and his awful tactics.

We were never going to score, even with 11 men and a 0-0 draw was the absolute best we could have hoped for.

The most excitement to be had was when we did the whole 'ole' thing when we played about 30 passes around - in our own half. Then nothing happened.

That performance (managerial and on the pitch) was the absolute epitome of powderpuff.
  • The fact that a shot ilicited a song sums up our intent. That approach was largely successful but losing Bauer, who was immense, ended any hope of a draw. Unless some of the injured players come back for Tuesday I can't see a win coming any time soon.

My view too mate
  • Listened to the game on cafc player. Sounded like we didn't again have much luck with the ref. Surprised sarr didn't come on when Bauer was sent off for second yellow, guess he's not ready? JBGs internationals clearly drained him, good to have moussa back so cousins can play central. Was expecting worse but disappointed not to come away with a point. Badly need a bit of luck and a win

When we have 2 shots to their 20 I don't think the ref or luck has anything to do with it

• Sponsored links:

• Another loss. Reading one of the better teams but far from unbeatable.

The team is not great with the injuries but it is not so bad as our last 7 games of results.

We have no experience at CEO and little as manager/First team coach. I would change both but RD would only bring in another couple of no marks so little point I guess.

THIS, The guy is useless & although sacking managers every 6 months is far from ideal I think my nan could do a better job than Luzon........and she's been dead for 20 years !!

Perhaps its my age , or football is changing, but 20 years ago I don't remember going away from home & only having 1 shot on target, 1 off target & 1 corner all game. We lost anyway so we might have as well gone out and attacked - esp after going 1 nil down. Reading werent all that - tidy maybe but their shooting was awful & I don't reckon they will go up this season.

we were insipid & boring. If we don't win our nest 2 games, both of which are at home, we are going down.
    Remember going to Exeter 1st game of the season a few years back and the game was as bad as today on 4 hour drive home I questioned my sanity today I feel the same another wasted day I'm never getting back but tonight just feel empty and can't see a way forward with the squad we've got?
  • Looking forward to another interview in the local press from an out of form player/manager saying "we need to do this, we need to do that, blah blah, blah, look how honest we are"
  • Looking forward to another interview in the local press from an out of form player/manager saying "we need to do this, we need to do that, blah blah, blah, look how honest we are"

Well lets get rid of the interviews then... The fans will then moan and say we're being lied to blah blah blah, we get no communication... can someone throw me my toy so I can throw it back out the pram!!
  • edited October 2015

Looking forward to another interview in the local press from an out of form player/manager saying "we need to do this, we need to do that, blah blah, blah, look how honest we are"

Well lets get rid of the interviews then... The fans will then moan and say we're being lied to blah blah blah, we get no communication... can someone throw me my toy so I can throw it back out the pram!!
    Not saying that won't be the case either.

Me personally am sick of the talk.

Not saying that won't be the case either.

Me personally am sick of the talk.
    Sadly there is no winning as too many people will want to hear comments from the club whilst the Newspapers have to fill their pages
  • Wellwickman
    As JGB was tired there was little point in starting him. Bearing in mind we held them for > 60 mins he could have been brought on at 55 thereafter running his sox off.
    Luzon's job is to manage meagre resources to best effect. Wasting our best creative talent for 70 mins not done JBG or GL any favours with Tuesday barely 72 hours away.

• I know everyone is entitled to a life outside of work but not sure it's wise of Patrick Bauer to be posting pictures of himself on a night out at the O2 with his arms around a couple of young ladies on a day when the fans are so pissed off at a performance like that.
  • Wellwickman
    As JGB was tired there was little point in starting him. Bearing in mind we held them for > 60 mins he could have been brought on at 55 thereafter running his sox off.
    Luzon's job is to manage meagre resources to best effect. Wasting our best creative talent for 70 mins not done JBG or GL any favours with Tuesday barely 72 hours away.

Had Johann been left out today though the fans would have been in a mutinous mood come Tuesday before the match started, we all saw what happened when Luzon was forced to pick the squad that played Palace!!
  • dallas
    we need JJ behind the front two the no 10 roll at least he has a goal in him.

wickmanhead
    no 10 role only effective if a) played by a striker, & b) has pace.
    JJ excellent in the air but has no pace therefore anticipation.
    I would have him deep protecting the back 4 with Cousins alongside.