Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Hull - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bauer is one of the best defenders I have seen. Total quality. Well done.
  • Options
    Makienok was awful 1st half. I'll openly admit I was fuming at half time as I just didn't see what he brings to the team & I thought we'd bought another dud. 

2nd half he was phenomenal, won everything, was the game changer and put in a match winning performance . I'm man enough to admit I was wrong and very happy to be proved wrong!
  • Options
    Cccchhhhhhaaaammmmmpppppiiiiiiooooooonnnnnnneeeeeeessssssssss

We are going up, I can feel it in me bones!
  • Options
    Today's Goals Now about to start on Sky Sports News.
  • Options
    Pope's distribution today is the best I've seen from him. As Henderson is a really top keeper it's unfair of me to slate Pope just because he is not yet as polished.

Last time out I felt Pope had a shocker, rubbish under crosses, terrible distribution and while amazing reactions on stops generally poor position play.

Very happy that so far he has dealt well with most crosses, stopped a number of goals and while a bit flaky on mid height balls looks good all round.

If both were fit I would pick Henderson ahead of Pope but Pope should be proud of himself so far. Go Pope.!
  • Options
    Luzon is a hero
  • Options
    Mr Luzon, I like the cut of your jib.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    98th minute winner - doesn't get better than that! V impressed by our signings - Bauer the standout for me!
    Hopefully our injuries aren't too bad.
  • Options
    Steve Bruce on whether he thinks Abel Hernandez will be sold. "After that first hour of the game, no ones gunna want to buy anyone from us" Exact opposite as to how Luzon does interviews. Slated his team pretty much
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Shame for Pope as he appeared confident up until his fumble. He has the potential, but he has extremely poor technique with low shots straight at him and unfortunately shows little improvement as he struggled with similar shots against the Daggers,Derby etc.

Despite this we have the makings of a top 6 team, well organised, an aggressive high press and a blend of pace and aerial threat.

Would love to see Roly support Guy with a couple more signings before the window closes, it just might get really exciting.
  • Options
    Outstanding battling performance given draining conditions and a series of injuries.

Pope's mistake looked worse live than it does on TV but he really does fumble too often for a keeper at this level. Unfortunately I fear he simply lacks the ego and total self belief that all top keepers have.

Kashi was absolutely immense - the complete defensive midfield performance.

Makienok was excellent second half - watch how a second defender gets drawn to him for the second goal creating the space for JBG to finish - the perfect example of how his mere presence worries defences and why he offers more than he appears to.

Cousins looked totally comfortable in defence alongside Bauer and Diarra who were again outstanding.

Of course with a 6 year old and a senior citizen in tow I missed the goal but I don't care.

• Options
    Kind of games that make me want to be back in the Saturday routine.

5.20am here, absolutely b*llocksed, watched it in a random pub in Sydney at midnight on a stop start stream, but worth it just to see the 98th min frozen celebrations as the stream couldnt cope.

Get in there boys. Beautiful stuff.
  • Options

Ouch.

• Options
    Wowser, that is all .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @plentyofshots can you help
  • Options
    19:54 wss post smiffy
  • Options
    Talal said:

Ouch.

Double ouch. Even more impressed.
  • Options
    Way off topic, but Gary Bowyer was sacked by Blackburn after they lost again lol
  • Options
    Thank you and the prick still won't pay up what a relenting Cnut
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

He's got 5 to pay up or I'm getting nicked

We won, calm down