Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Hull - Post Match Thread

14567810»

Comments

• Options

Curb_It said:
    I've only watched this 28 times today.
    I'm so annoyed I have tried to watch this 28 times today and haven't got the BTWIFI connection bandwidth to play it!

• Options

Balls.

This is what is making the difference.
    I have no doubt QPR, Derby and Hull have better squads than us & possibly/probably Forest as well.

But we have bigger balls, which is down to RD, the recruiters, coach & players.

If you have the biggest balls, anything is possible.

Take a bow, NLA.

Role model for our lovely lads !

See ff big balls are the answer to everything, can't wait to get down there this season and increase the balls size
  • Options

Shame that No.1 is because that Hull are still struggling from Relegation... Is a poor excuse

I think I'll focus on numbers 2 and 3. I prefer that.
  • Options

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to the Vatican and the world's 1.2billion Catholics for shouting "fcuking Pope" at approximately 4:50pm on Saturday.

So you should... Briefly a bunch of Catholic priests cowered thinking: they're on to us again!!
    Catholicism - once known for young boys wanting to get into the clergy; now...
  • Options
    'The Tigers suffered their first set-back of the campaign at the weekend when losing at Charlton Athletic, turning in a performance that was well below their best.

'“We can be much better than we were on Saturday, as we saw against Fulham last week, and that is the problem I face with the squad at the minute,” said Bruce.

'“I saw us play for half-an-hour against Fulham where nobody in this division could have lived with us. Then I’ve seen an hour of us against Charlton where everybody could have lived with us."

... On Hull's OS today. It's funny how even some professional managers can't see that their team may have performed at a high level but were counter-acted or matched, making them look below par. I'm sure they will play at 100% when they play a team that let's them play the football they want.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    If like me you've a bit of time on your hands today read through this thread some priceless comments..
  • Options

No Watt, no Solly and no Henderson, yet still beat arguably the best team in the division.

Feel sorry for the people that fell out of love with Charlton in recent times, because you're missing probably the best team we've had since the Premiership.

LOL
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't make the game unfortunately - checked at 90 mins and thought - bollocks!!! And then what?????????

This is our year guys and gals - this is our year.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

No Watt, no Solly and no Henderson, yet still beat arguably the best team in the division.

Feel sorry for the people that fell out of love with Charlton in recent times, because you're missing probably the best team we've had since the Premiership.

LOL
    Well last summer, with the likes of Mak, Ba and Sarr we definitely bought a team to get us out of the Championship...
  • Options
    Big Mak is getting some serious praise too, "Leaburn but better" and "blonde Andy Carroll" to quote a couple.

For the record, I also thought we were destined for great things after this game.
  • Options

Big Mak is getting some serious praise too, "Leaburn but better" and "blonde Andy Carroll" to quote a couple.

For the record, I also thought we were destined for great things after this game.

It's fair to say the comments after the reverse fixture at Hull weren't quite as positive
  • Options
    Thing is, if anyone looked at that performance and the way that team played and said "this has all the hallmarks of a team that'll finish bottom 3, losing 6-0 in the reverse fixture on the way" everyone would have been calling for them to be sectioned.

It's a funny old game
  • Options
    I even posted a picture of a Viking. At the time I thought YES. THIS COULD BE OUR YEAR.
    how wrong I was. Makienok is absolute toilet. FACT.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, how things have changed.
  • Options

Special mention to the scouting network. New players are absolute class.

The amount we'd have to spend to find a player known in the English divisions anywhere near the quality of Patrick Bauer doesn't bear thinking about.

Maybe should have held fire on this one (:
  • Options
    edited March 2016

After a few days of failed attempts (due to fog/mist/pissy rain etc cancelling flights and the rough 3hr boat journey being ruled out due to the lightweights suffering sea sickness) to fly to the Scilly Isles ,to see my wife's cousin , with the family down in the depths of Cornwall , i took the executive decision to fly back home from Newquay to see The Addicks.
    It was a gamble that paid off in bucket loads but as I sat in a traffic jam outside the Blackwall Tunnel with only one son in tow , the younger ones had gone off to play golf with their grandad instead , I began to think what am I doing we haven't a chance and without Watt there won't be much to cheer ....... As the half time whistle went I couldn't see either team scoring and would have been pleased with a point ...
    Cue the reincarnation of the footballing god that is Big Mak and a performance of immense proportions to take the game by the scruff of the neck and send us all home in the state of delirium that only football can provide .
    JBG needed that goal after his earlier chance went a-begging or he would have suffered the insomnia that wonky people like myself get
    Even as a pessimist a lot of these players are giving me some big hope for greater times but I calm myself down thinking of some of the slashes and shots made at the ball today by players who look like they've never struck a ball properly in their lives (sorry for the negativity)
    As with U boat that was the first game I'd ever gone to in flip flops as well !

Automatic promotion 2% ......... 3rd-6th 8% .........7th -12th 65%....... 13th-21st 25%

0% chance of relegation..
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

This IS going to be a special year ...back us whilst the odds are still good

• Options

Special mention to the scouting network.

Sorry Nick, but this is my personal favourite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The amount we'd have to spend to find a player known in the English divisions anywhere near the quality of Patrick Bauer doesn't bear thinking about.

To be fair to Nick had everyone stayed fit with Vetokele returning I doubt we'd be in this mess.

Its the fact our owners dont think about injuries when they sign players and throw the likes of Kennedy into the mix before they're ready thats the problem.

Hell even if we started the season with the exact squad now and the injuries I doubt we'd be in this mess
  • Options

To be fair to Nick had everyone stayed fit with Vetokele returning I doubt we'd be in this mess.

Its the fact our owners dont think about injuries when they sign players and throw the likes of Kennedy into the mix before they're ready thats the problem.

Hell even if we started the season with the exact squad now and the injuries I doubt we'd be in this mess
    I don't like this reasonable side that you're portraying @ForeverAddickted. I only want to see bile and pure hatrid.
  • Options

I don't like this reasonable side that you're portraying @ForeverAddickted. I only want to see bile and pure hatrid.
    You've obviously yet to run into any of my other posts on here then @Ricky_Otto ;)
  • Options
    There was a lack of at least six players in the squad that would cover the inevitable injuries and loss of form that happens in a 46 game grind of a championship season. A lack of scouting in that we never knew how to line ourselves up against the opposition. A lack of coaching for any set plays both attacking and defending. We got away with it for a few games and then was found out big time, I think it was Rotherham (fat Evans) who isolated Kashi, then a couple of days later 'Udders did the same and beat us 3-0. No plan B because Luzon was a joke and Carol a less funny bad taste joke.
  • Options
    If we had Kashi and Bauer all year we wouldn't be getting relegated.

Depth (like the other years) was the issue.