Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming Video Games thread

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Roland in Warzone?
    Getting right on my tits them little fckers and krampus. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Roland in Warzone?
    Big time. The elves are irritating but Krampus is so frustrating
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Roland in Warzone?
    Krampus is the biggest nuisance. Literally sat in the last three teams a few times and the screen starts icing up... 
  • Options
    Frustrating. Me and my mates running across the map between two teams and krampy starts on us. So we start shooting him while the other 2 teams just come along and mop up a few easy kills while we are trying to fck that big goat off.
  • Options
    I think the Krampus should be confined to a cave and have tons of decent loot like a proper advanced UAV, some self revives, maybe even a loadout crate. 

Make it worth you choosing to pick a fight. 
  • Options
    It did make for a very entertaining ten minutes of a game for us at one point though where we ended up in a wild firefight with Krampus hunting us, then what must have been 3 or 4 teams coming in trying to pick up some easy kills after being drawn in by the chaos - just ended up as mayhem. Overall still an annoying addition though
  • Options
    Does anyone play red dead redemption online?

I will be doing it soon. Just enjoying the story at the moment.

Only on chapter 4 and I've got perfect black bear pelt, perfect wolf pelts, perfect cougar, alligators, a snake etc.

Getting close to at least completing the camp upgrades. Just need a few pronghorns and an ox 
  • Options
    Reading and watching some Elden Ring reviews and it's currently the highest rated game ever, it looks and sounds great but I've never played a Souls game before as all I've heard is they are really really hard.
    I watched a few streams of Sekiro where people just died constantly for hours till they beat the boss, that just doesn't appeal to me but at the same time I really want to play Elden Ring even though I know I'll get a few hours in find it too hard and give up!!!
  • Options
    Will definitely be playing Elden Ring. With ActivisionBlizzard going to absolute shite and New World failing to deliver on what looked a very promising game to begin with I’ve been waiting too long for an open world game that can I sink hours into. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Reading and watching some Elden Ring reviews and it's currently the highest rated game ever, it looks and sounds great but I've never played a Souls game before as all I've heard is they are really really hard.
    I watched a few streams of Sekiro where people just died constantly for hours till they beat the boss, that just doesn't appeal to me but at the same time I really want to play Elden Ring even though I know I'll get a few hours in find it too hard and give up!!!
    Elden Ring is supposed to be more accessible than other Souls games. I'm sure it will still be challenging, though.

I love the series, personally. They are hard but not unfair. When you finally beat the boss after the 20th try, it's proper fist-pumping-the-air stuff. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah I feel that way too. I don’t have the time to sit around doing the same thing over and over.

Jealous of those that do though cause it looks like an amazing game. 
  • Options
    Really struggling to enjoy Dying Light 2 at the moment. Feels very very unpolished 
  • Options
    Yeah I feel that way too. I don’t have the time to sit around doing the same thing over and over.

It's exactly the same for me. I bought Bloodborne because I heard such good things about it and I ended up hating it. I appreciate some people enjoy the challenge but my issue with it was I felt it didn't respect my time. I'm not the busiest person on earth, I'm on here for example, but when I play a game I want to use it as something I enjoy and feel like I've made some progress. I can do that with pretty much any other game, even if it's only 15 minutes. With Bloodborne I felt like I had to memorise a new animation to dodge every other minute and I sucked at it. I'd die and then I'd get dragged all the way back to where I started. Hardly any checkpoints, no saving on the fly. Then I'd get a tiny bit further and come up against a boss that was some giant murder lion with eight heads or something. It would kill me and instead of going back to right before the fight I'd be pulled aaaaall the way back to where I started, expected to dodge and swing through the exact same group of people I just spent 20 minutes learning how to kill just to get a second attempt at killing the murder lion who I definitely, definitely was not going to kill second time. I'd end up running out of the time I had to play and I'd have accomplished exactly nothing. The same thing would be waiting for me next time I played and I'd feel like I'd wasted the small bit of time I had to play on absolutely nothing at all. Full support to those who enjoy it, but I want my time respected. Let me save, let me be bad at games, my reflexes are going.
  • Options

It's exactly the same for me. I bought Bloodborne because I heard such good things about it and I ended up hating it. I appreciate some people enjoy the challenge but my issue with it was I felt it didn't respect my time. I'm not the busiest person on earth, I'm on here for example, but when I play a game I want to use it as something I enjoy and feel like I've made some progress. I can do that with pretty much any other game, even if it's only 15 minutes. With Bloodborne I felt like I had to memorise a new animation to dodge every other minute and I sucked at it. I'd die and then I'd get dragged all the way back to where I started. Hardly any checkpoints, no saving on the fly. Then I'd get a tiny bit further and come up against a boss that was some giant murder lion with eight heads or something. It would kill me and instead of going back to right before the fight I'd be pulled aaaaall the way back to where I started, expected to dodge and swing through the exact same group of people I just spent 20 minutes learning how to kill just to get a second attempt at killing the murder lion who I definitely, definitely was not going to kill second time. I'd end up running out of the time I had to play and I'd have accomplished exactly nothing. The same thing would be waiting for me next time I played and I'd feel like I'd wasted the small bit of time I had to play on absolutely nothing at all. Full support to those who enjoy it, but I want my time respected. Let me save, let me be bad at games, my reflexes are going.
    Yeah I had a similar experience with Bloodborne after claiming it on ps plus. Played it for about 5 hours over the course of a couple weeks and got nowhere near getting past the first boss so lost interest. 

On the other hand there are games I find too hand-holdy. I didn’t get on well with The Last of Us cause I felt I was just watching a film at times. 

I’d love it if the Souls games had a difficulty slider for those of us with less time but I get that that’s not the point of the games. 
  • Options
    Full support to those who enjoy it, but I want my time respected. Let me save, let me be bad at games, my reflexes are going.
    Absolutely this. I’m pretty crappy at video games but I enjoy them as a way to kick back and relax.
    I’ll always try a game on “normal” setting and usually that’s fine, I’ll keep trying until I get it right, but I have been known to switch to an easier level if it gets too frustrating like you mentioned.
    Publishers really shouldn’t just dismiss casual gamers who aren’t experts. That’s like only letting premier league footballers play football.
  • Options
    Full support to those who enjoy it, but I want my time respected. Let me save, let me be bad at games, my reflexes are going.
    Absolutely this. I’m pretty crappy at video games but I enjoy them as a way to kick back and relax.
    I’ll always try a game on “normal” setting and usually that’s fine, I’ll keep trying until I get it right, but I have been known to switch to an easier level if it gets too frustrating like you mentioned.
    Publishers really shouldn’t just dismiss casual gamers who aren’t experts. That’s like only letting premier league footballers play football.
    Honestly, if they decided to make an easier mode and call it 'wanker mode' I would absolutely play it with no shame. I couldn't care less about the 'git gud' crowd, if I'm dropping £50-£60 on a game I want to be able to enjoy it on my terms. I don't need a video game to tell me I'd probably be shit at killing a 40 foot Octopus with tits, I'm well aware of my actual shortcomings.
    I'm reasonably enjoying Demons Souls but they're not my favourite games I must admit. The problem with having an easy mode on Soulsbourne games is that they really aren't that long if you're not dying. You could blitz through the levels/areas very quickly
  • Options
    Honestly, if they decided to make an easier mode and call it 'wanker mode' I would absolutely play it with no shame. I couldn't care less about the 'git gud' crowd, if I'm dropping £50-£60 on a game I want to be able to enjoy it on my terms. I don't need a video game to tell me I'd probably be shit at killing a 40 foot Octopus with tits, I'm well aware of my actual shortcomings.
    I'm reasonably enjoying Demons Souls but they're not my favourite games I must admit. The problem with having an easy mode on Soulsbourne games is that they really aren't that long if you're not dying. You could blitz through the levels/areas very quickly
    I get that, but that’s not the fault of us doofuses who can’t play like deities. The fault there lies with the developers making the game too short. Making it artificially longer by forcing players to play on masochist mode doesn’t make the game an acceptable length.
  • Options
    I can download Bloodborne in the collection of games they made free to PS5 owners so I may give that try first.
    I gave up with Hades after a few hours as really couldnt be bothered to start again from the beginning everytime you die.
    Not sure if anyone has played Death's Door from last year but the final boss on that took me probably 25 attempts and I honestly think if I didn't beat it that night I would of just never finished the game, the thought of that for pretty much every boss in game just seems like too much hard work and not much fun!!
  • Options
    I get that, but that’s not the fault of us doofuses who can’t play like deities. The fault there lies with the developers making the game too short. Making it artificially longer by forcing players to play on masochist mode doesn’t make the game an acceptable length.
    Completely agree with you, I just meant the developers are probably hesitant to lower the difficulty and sell the game as people will be annoyed for paying £50 for a game they blitzed though in 8 hours
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can download Bloodborne in the collection of games they made free to PS5 owners so I may give that try first.
    I gave up with Hades after a few hours as really couldnt be bothered to start again from the beginning everytime you die.
    Not sure if anyone has played Death's Door from last year but the final boss on that took me probably 25 attempts and I honestly think if I didn't beat it that night I would of just never finished the game, the thought of that for pretty much every boss in game just seems like too much hard work and not much fun!!
    Bloodborne is easily my favourite of them. Much more fast paced and you're rewarded for being aggressive. Dark Souls so often is just a test of the players patience.
  • Options
    Now Hades I liked, because the intention is that you die and become stronger as a result. Story unlocks after each run whether you succeed or die as well. They also added a mode where every time you die you increase in power for pathetic finger clods like me, so I felt like that was a game that appreciated that even if I'm rubbish I want to be able to see new story, make some progress and if I'm struggling retreat behind an easier mode
  • Options
    Completely agree with you, I just meant the developers are probably hesitant to lower the difficulty and sell the game as people will be annoyed for paying £50 for a game they blitzed though in 8 hours
    Oh, absolutely. I think we’re looking at the situation from different perspectives, but are still in total agreement!
    We all know why they do it, we all know it’s a big con and we all know they’ll keep doing it. The right and proper answer is, of course, to reduce the price or lengthen the game. But that’s obviously not happening because the people being screwed are the idiots like me who play like a blindfolded drunk with broken arms wearing boxing gloves - and we aren’t going to kick off about it because we are, by definition, not taking it as seriously as the übernerds. 🤓
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I'm in two minds about Elden Ring with the time/ difficulty needed and the fact I got about 8 games to power through still, but was reading through a review and it'll have items, usables etc in game to help bring the difficulty down a notch and aim to make it more accessible for the cas gamer types. 

I won't lie, they really sold it to me in this review haha.

For those interested:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-02-23-elden-ring-review
  • Options
    Finished Control earlier, great game and the Ashtray Maze level has gone straight in as one of my favourite game levels ever!!
  • Options
    Couldn't get along with Control. Loved the game design and artistry of it, but the combat stressed me out.
  • Options
    Has anyone got GT7 yet? I've just finished the Horizon Forbidden West (10/10) story and fancy a break from the whole open world genre for a bit and thinking GT7 might be the answer.

How are those with GT7 finding it?

I should add that I loved GT3 way back when, but not sure I even bothered with any driving games on the PS4.
  • Options
    Has anyone got GT7 yet? I've just finished the Horizon Forbidden West (10/10) story and fancy a break from the whole open world genre for a bit and thinking GT7 might be the answer.

How are those with GT7 finding it?

I should add that I loved GT3 way back when, but not sure I even bothered with any driving games on the PS4.
    It’s Gran Turismo, so has some weird obscurities / annoyances that come part and parcel with GT games. But if you loved GT3, you’ll know what I mean by that and likely will love it. Though now there’s a bit of annoyance with the microtransactions added in (like every other game), though at least it’s not super in your face. 

For me it’s the best driving game on any console even with those annoyances
  • Options
    Currently around 20 hours into Elden Ring and couldn't recommend it enough to anyone. Very rewarding experience. Ive played all the DarkSouls games and this is easily my favourite. 
  • Options
    It's a fantastic driving game, but yes it's also incredibly annoying, for instance there's a slipstream event that's impossible to get gold on unless there's a huge tailwind in your favour, and the windspeed and direction is completely random, and I didn't know that until I googled it, and found out that because it generated a headwind on my attempt and I didn't quit and go back in, it just generated the same headwind for my subsequent 45 minutes worth of goes, meaning I basically wasted my time