Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming Video Games thread

Comments

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    I hope they release a hitman 4 for the ps5.

Excellent game(s)

You might want to check out this, for Hitman 3 (if you haven't already)

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/10/hitman-3s-free-ps5-ps4-freelancer-mode-looks-phenomenal

A new game mode being released.

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    I hope they release a hitman 4 for the ps5.

Excellent game(s)

You might want to check out this, for Hitman 3 (if you haven't already)

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/10/hitman-3s-free-ps5-ps4-freelancer-mode-looks-phenomenal

A new game mode being released.

Sounds like a more independent way to locate targets and complete missions with a lot of strategy.

Will definitely buy it.

Just a shame with hitman as they always keep adding in game purchase extras. I'd rather just buy it in one go without a load of expensive additions!
  • Options
    Would anyone recommend Skyrim?

I've downloaded it but don't know if I can be bothered with it.

Enjoying miles morales spiderman and south Park game at present. Playstation plus extra is worth the extra few quid a month imo
  • Options
    Finished Ragnarok over Christmas break, great game but nothing really new after GOW 2018, hopefully we will see less cross gen games as it's clear that it's holding back the big releases, no need to have characters crawling under rocks and sliding through small gaps to load in the next area on the current gen consoles and not hitting 4k 60hz is pretty disappointing.

Any Rick and Morty fans should check out High on Life, written and made by the guys behind R&M, really funny, good combat and story, only 12-15 hours - on Gamepass.

Currently playing Plague Tale sequel - better than the first on every aspect of the game.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Dave2l said:

Enjoying miles morales spiderman and south Park game at present. Playstation plus extra is worth the extra few quid a month imo
    It's a classic and still stands up today. But do you like big RPGs? If you do, I'd definitely play it. It's a great story and full of surprises. 

I'm still trying to finish Elden Ring. Would like to play Ragnarok or Ghost of Tsushima next. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Dave2l said:

It's a classic and still stands up today. But do you like big RPGs? If you do, I'd definitely play it. It's a great story and full of surprises. 

I'm still trying to finish Elden Ring. Would like to play Ragnarok or Ghost of Tsushima next. 

Yeh I love the Red deads and 2000-2010 GTAs 

I can imagine it's a game that takes a lot of time and dedication?

Something that I don't have available atm but sounds good for when I can put everything into it 
  • Options
    I finally bit the bullet over Christmas and got myself a PS5 and Elden Ring.

Enjoying it immensely. The open world makes it feel much less suffocating than previous soulsbourne games
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I played Skyrim elder scrolls the VR version as it came with my headset, it’s not normally my kind of game but I ended up rinsing it over lockdown to gain my first platinum trophy, it’s an awesome game & in VR visually stunning 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Convinced to give skyrim a go! 

Sort of hope and assume I may feel like a game of thrones/Lord of the rings medieval nut job 
  • Options
    I quite like skyrim. I'm mostly just warming up and getting used to it still. 
    It's a bit overwhelming at 1st.

I quite like the tactical side of it and having to prepare via sleep, food, armour and clothing.

I got 100% on Red dead 2. Perfectionist mentality is likely to take over. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Huskaris said:
    Only 2 games I care about: Football Manager Fallout
    Absolutely correct.

Oh... And Bubble Bobble.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Dave2l said:

Elden Ring was absolutely fantastic, fully deserving of Game of the Year.

Beating Melania took me about 6 hours in two stints I think. The feeling of joy when she was finally disposed of was epic!

I'm replaying The Witcher 3 with the Next Gen Update at the moment whilst waiting for Hogwarts Legacy. It truly is a masterpiece, I'd forgotten quite how brilliant it was and have been really enjoying going back in.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I quite like the tactical side of it and having to prepare via sleep, food, armour and clothing.

I've never been able to finish red dead 2 - unpopular opinion but I find it a bit boring. Skyrim on the other hand I absolutely love and have played it at least once a year since it came out
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Haven't played Skyrim for about 10 years I think. I can imagine it still stands up, by all accounts there's some fantastic mods for it on the PC which improves lots of aspects of the game, maybe one day I'll go back into it.

Skyrim set the standard for RPGs and so many of them followed the example it set, gaming is the better for it today, some legacy.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Redownloaded Skyrim whilst I wait for the new Dead Space to come out. 

Love it. Ive played it on 3 different consoles...always enjoy it and even though I have completed the main story multiple times, I always find something new!!
  • Options
    just playing through god of war ragnarok at the moment - absolutely love the combat ! picked up last of us 2 for £8 on the PS store over christmas so that's next on the list, then ghost of tsushima DLC then witcher 3... arghh
  • Options
    I got ragnarok, forbidden west and elden ring for Christmas. Still hooked on ragnarok at the moment. They’ve not changed much from the original but they didn’t need to imo. Superb. Will move onto elden ring next I think 
  • Options
    jams said:
    just playing through god of war ragnarok at the moment - absolutely love the combat ! picked up last of us 2 for £8 on the PS store over christmas so that's next on the list, then ghost of tsushima DLC then witcher 3... arghh
    All great games, enjoy!
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Skyrim's great but gets a bit repetitive over time. Especially if you want to level up on potions/smithing/enchanting to make them useful. Music's great, handles pretty well, massive map. My main issue with it is it falls short of Witcher 3 in just about every department, especially story (there are far fewer actual decisions to make). But that's not overly harsh, most games do. But Horizon, GTA V, RDR 1, Ghosts of Tsushima and Breath of the Wild all beat Skyrim from an open world perspective imho. Even Fallout 4 and Farcry 5 are close. RDR2 is stunning, and obviously meant to be slow, but it's so slow and so big I just didn't care about the main protagonists.
    But that's just me. Similarly waiting for Hogwarts Legacy. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Dave2l said:

you will likely never get 100% on skyrim, it's just too much. Incredible depth of game. It's also an incredible game in that you can explore the entire map, level up your character to the point they're almost invincible and incredibly powerful and role play through guilds etc without having actually started the main story.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    witcher 3 i might need to get back into, got a bit stuck as there was a bug that when you ran away from a werewolf and came back he basically became unkillable. Will pick it back up. But also is a bit of a slow game too.
  • Options
    witcher 3 i might need to get back into, got a bit stuck as there was a bug that when you ran away from a werewolf and came back he basically became unkillable. Will pick it back up. But also is a bit of a slow game too.
    Loved the story, didn't rate the game beyond that. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Loved the story, didn't rate the game beyond that. 
    The blood and wine DLC was superb if you ever feel inclined to dip back in.
  • Options
    Just finished the main story of Ragnarok. 10/10 game for me - the story, the music, the gameplay, level design, the acting all fantastic
  • Options
    Anyone been playing Hogwarts Legacy at all? Only disappointing thing for me so far is the lessons, which are incredibly short and easy, I was expecting more mini-game elements to them to make things more of a challenge to learn.

The map is absolutely massive, and Hogwarts itself is absolutely full of fun little details and quirks just like you'd expect, it really feels alive and an immersive world
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Anyone been playing Hogwarts Legacy at all? Only disappointing thing for me so far is the lessons, which are incredibly short and easy, I was expecting more mini-game elements to them to make things more of a challenge to learn.

The map is absolutely massive, and Hogwarts itself is absolutely full of fun little details and quirks just like you'd expect, it really feels alive and an immersive world
     Great gameplay, good enough graphically, boring storyline and side missions. I recommend awakening ALL the fast travel points.

Mods for it on PC are quality.
  • Options
    Recently completed Elden Ring - which I ended up finding relatively easy in the end due to having a degenerate over-levelled bleed build, and the mimic tear.

Have now started playing Ghost of Tsushima. About 25 hours in and I’m still utterly stunned at how beautiful looking the game is. 
    Just played GOT and I was blown away by how good it was. Genuinely brilliant 
  • Options
    Recently completed Elden Ring - which I ended up finding relatively easy in the end due to having a degenerate over-levelled bleed build, and the mimic tear.

Have now started playing Ghost of Tsushima. About 25 hours in and I’m still utterly stunned at how beautiful looking the game is. 
    Had to stop using the mimic tear. It just makes the entire game a joke. Absolutely loving it so far though! Reckon i'm around 70% of the way through now.
  • Options

Had to stop using the mimic tear. It just makes the entire game a joke. Absolutely loving it so far though! Reckon i'm around 70% of the way through now.
    And this is even post nerf mimic tear as well I believe! I did start up a new file where I wanted to give a sorcery build a go - but ended up deciding to play GOT (after a quick flirt with Kingdom Hearts 3) instead.

Just played GOT and I was blown away by how good it was. Genuinely brilliant 

It is so very good, though not without its issues - mainly the AI being silly. I am playing on 'hard' mode, but apart from the odd duel, I find it relatively easy to clear out Mongul camps etc. That being said, just exploring the game, unlocking the armours and charms etches fantastic and I will certainly be looking to 100% it.