Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming Video Games thread

Comments

• Options
    Also playing GOT at the moment and it's glorious.
  • Options
    Some of the set pieces are utterly ridiculous and gorgeous to look at, definitely up there with RDR2 in terms of world aesthetic for me.

I actually enjoy finding the Haiku spots as they are usually amongst the most beautiful places to admire, and it is also quiet cathartic to go through the process of making one.

• Options
    Just started no man's sky. Yeah very late on it but I wanted to wait till it was patched up. Still screws up every now and then but they keep updating it. It blows my mind how large it is. Good addition that you can customise how you play it cos there is too much to remember for someone like me who's a casual gamer. Glorious game with great sound and atmosphere (or lack of one in most places) 
    Be one I think I could be playing off and on for years. 
  • Options
    I hate getting mugged off 60 plus quid for a hyped up game that’s pretty naff, any good games worth playing that have come down in price, round about the 30 quid touch, and no I don’t mean PAC man!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Very excited for this next month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvQ25NmL1-c
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Anyone planning on spending the weekend playing the new Zelda then? Or just me?
  • Options
    Finished Breath of the Wild recently, not sure Im ready to dive into another game that would take me 50+ hours so soon. 
  • Options
    Anyone planning on spending the weekend playing the new Zelda then? Or just me?
    I’d love to, but have a busy weekend ahead. On holiday week after next though, so hoping to get my teeth into it then. 
  • Options
    Anyone looking forward to Starfield? I love Bethesda games and having recently got an Xbox (been a PlayStation guy since the PS1) I'm looking forward to launching into it on day 1
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Anyone looking forward to Starfield? I love Bethesda games and having recently got an Xbox (been a PlayStation guy since the PS1) I'm looking forward to launching into it on day 1
    Planning on buying a Series S just for Starfield lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Started playing Divinity Original Sin 2 on the Switch recently. Fantastic game
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Literally what I did, Starfield, Cities Skylines 2 and Forza all coming before the end of the year, got mine through EE so got game pass as my add on to my phone contract 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    sam3110 said:

I was until they made it Xbox, well Microsoft exclusive, the fcks. 

Love Bethesda's stuff as well ☹️
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Literally what I did, Starfield, Cities Skylines 2 and Forza all coming before the end of the year, got mine through EE so got game pass as my add on to my phone contract 
    i love cities skylines but playing those kind of games on a console makes my teeth itch. I hope starfield will be a skyrim in space, not a fallout 3 in space.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    i love cities skylines but playing those kind of games on a console makes my teeth itch. I hope starfield will be a skyrim in space, not a fallout 3 in space.
    I hope it's more a Fallout 4 in space - but better. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Those endless Skyrim dungeons were a drag. Fallout 3 had the subways, but they were nowhere near as tedious as Skyrims dungeons.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    I just know my mid range laptop won't be able to handle it, so I'm hoping the power of the console can handle the massive maps pretty well
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    I just know my mid range laptop won't be able to handle it, so I'm hoping the power of the console can handle the massive maps pretty well
    I could build you a PC that could run it as well as the XBSS will, but It'd probably be £1200 just for parts plus labour probably £1600. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    I could build you a PC that could run it as well as the XBSS will, but It'd probably be £1200 just for parts plus labour probably £1600. 
    I'll stick to the £200 Xbox thanks @Dazzler21 😅
  • Options
    Just started no man's sky. Yeah very late on it but I wanted to wait till it was patched up. Still screws up every now and then but they keep updating it. It blows my mind how large it is. Good addition that you can customise how you play it cos there is too much to remember for someone like me who's a casual gamer. Glorious game with great sound and atmosphere (or lack of one in most places) 
    Be one I think I could be playing off and on for years. 
    i love picking up no mans sky every so often. It's become a very slow burner. Was really unfair about the expectation placed on such a small studio. They didn't realise how much hype they'd put together (naively) until sony contacted them that they were expecting orders of the level of a AAA title. It's certainly 100x the game that it was on release, that was just a space survival game and that was it. It's fun to name planets after loved ones etc and thinking maybe one day some one will come across it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    On the subject of gaming PC's I've been toying with the idea of getting one for a little while for some gaming (obvs) plus will come in handy when I decide to start photography hobbying again.

If anyone can shed some light on what makes a solid mid ranger, price, things to look for etc. Plus desktop / laptop.

Would appreciate it, been long since I dabbled  in the dark arts of pc gaming outside of FM. Cheers.

• Options
    Played the first two of the tomb raider reboot recently - first one is definitely aged but the second still played / looked reasonable. Nice uncharted feel to them 
  • Options
    And finally got round to ratchet and clank on ps+ , a good tonally light game to blast through 
  • Options
    I tried getting into Football Manager 23 on the XB last night, and the controls were so bad I gave up. Is that a known thing or am I just being a bit useless? 
  • Options
    Anyone on here still playing Battlefield 4? 
  • Options
    On the subject of gaming PC's I've been toying with the idea of getting one for a little while for some gaming (obvs) plus will come in handy when I decide to start photography hobbying again.

If anyone can shed some light on what makes a solid mid ranger, price, things to look for etc. Plus desktop / laptop.

Would appreciate it, been long since I dabbled  in the dark arts of pc gaming outside of FM. Cheers.

Pick parts. Build your PC. Compare and share. - PCPartPicker
  • Options
    Was going to download Starfield on XBox, I have instead opted to get it on PC. Apparently XB is locked to 30fps and the graphics are lower resolution and upscaled. I'd rather get it in all its glory. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Was going to download Starfield on XBox, I have instead opted to get it on PC. Apparently XB is locked to 30fps and the graphics are lower resolution and upscaled. I'd rather get it in all its glory. 
    Set your clock to NZ time you can play it now!
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Really? I am not sure I can, Steam shows 1am BST
  • Options
    edited September 2023
     Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Really? I am not sure I can, Steam shows 1am BST
    They must be more savvy than PlayStation then, I've had one of my accounts on there registered in NZ and every time a game comes out "at midnight" I can play it a few hours beforehand