Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming Video Games thread

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Couldn't get along with Control. Loved the game design and artistry of it, but the combat stressed me out.
    I struggled with the combat to begin with but once you level up a bit and get some new abilities it's really good, story was weird though, looking forward to what they do with the new Alan Wake.
  • Options
    State of play this week dedicated to Hogwarts Legacy, probably the game I'm looking forward to most this year.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    If anybody does go for Elden Ring and doesn't want it to be too hard, recommend you choose a magic-based class. Melee is still difficult in this game but slinging spells and staying away from bosses is a lot easier. 
  • Options
    Full support to those who enjoy it, but I want my time respected. Let me save, let me be bad at games, my reflexes are going.
    Absolutely this. I’m pretty crappy at video games but I enjoy them as a way to kick back and relax.
    I’ll always try a game on “normal” setting and usually that’s fine, I’ll keep trying until I get it right, but I have been known to switch to an easier level if it gets too frustrating like you mentioned.
    Publishers really shouldn’t just dismiss casual gamers who aren’t experts. That’s like only letting premier league footballers play football.
    Honestly, if they decided to make an easier mode and call it 'wanker mode' I would absolutely play it with no shame. I couldn't care less about the 'git gud' crowd, if I'm dropping £50-£60 on a game I want to be able to enjoy it on my terms. I don't need a video game to tell me I'd probably be shit at killing a 40 foot Octopus with tits, I'm well aware of my actual shortcomings.
    What game is this? Asking for a mate.
  • Options
    The Hogwarts Legacy game looks pretty fun, glad they're going to let you be a bad guy too by the looks of it...

In other news after the servers being offline for over 24 hours, rendering the game unplayable, and then the new patch cutting the prize money in events by a huge amount, it seems Gran Turismo 7 now has the worst metacritic rating of all time for a Sony produced game.

To be honest it's unsurprising given how ridiculous the amounts things cost, for instance if you wanted to quick buy a Ford GT, in GT Sport it cost about a fiver, in GT7 it will cost you more like £30, or you'd have to spend roughly 15 hours racing to gain enough credit to buy it, and that's just one car, that's nowhere near the most expensive car in the game 
  • Options
    I really despise micro (as if they're truly micro!) transactions in games. Although I'm pretty confident they're here to stay. 

Think I'll dodge GT7 if it's riddled with them to be honest. Shame.
  • Options
    I liked the look of Hogwarts Legacy, seemed odd they didn't show the in game UI for casting spells etc but gameplay looked pretty solid.

I read last week to buy the best car in GT7 when it was released was £160 if you bought it just using the in game credits and alot of reviewers came out and said micro transactions weren't part the review copies, they were switched on when the game officially released.

Played Tunic over the weekend, couldn't get into it despite the great reviews and the fact it looks alot like Deaths Door from last year which I loved, but shows the value in Gamepass as I didn't pay for it so I didn't feel like I had to finish it despite not particularly enjoying it.

Also I've got an 65 inch LG C1 Oled coming this week so looking forward to seeing what 4k 120hz gaming looks like!!
  • Options
    Still undecided on Elden Ring, looks great. But is it really hard and will put off the casual gamer. 
  • Options
    Anyone know why FIFA 22 on PS4 is still so expensive even though we're in late march.

Usually shoots down to £15 this time of year 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Anyone know why FIFA 22 on PS4 is still so expensive even though we're in late march.

Fifa 22 has 75% off on PS5 store. So worth another look on the online store 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Showing as £15.59 here

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0006-CUSA27106_00-FIFAFOOTBALL2022
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Showing as £15.59 here

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0006-CUSA27106_00-FIFAFOOTBALL2022

👍

Wasn't expecting that. 

• Options
    Anyone seen the VR2 for PS5? Looks very good. 

• Options
    Just finished Ghost of Tsushima, phenomenal game and looked so good on a 65 inch oled TV, easily the best looking game I've played.
    Interested to hear what choice others who have played it made at the end?
    Once I've finished a game I never go back and do everything I missed but I might go back and defeat the remaining Mongal camps as combat was so good plus I got the director's cut and the iki island expansion is included so I might take a look at that.
  • Options
    Just finished Ghost of Tsushima, phenomenal game and looked so good on a 65 inch oled TV, easily the best looking game I've played.
    Interested to hear what choice others who have played it made at the end?
    Once I've finished a game I never go back and do everything I missed but I might go back and defeat the remaining Mongal camps as combat was so good plus I got the director's cut and the iki island expansion is included so I might take a look at that.
    Brilliant game. The Iki Island expansion is well worth doing, don’t miss it.
  • Options
    Any nerds like me play grand strategy games? Long awaited Victoria 3 got released yesterday, gonna give it a spin tonight. 
  • Options
    So then, I'll point out I'm definitely a gaming novice but I'm getting myself a PS5. I really like FPS games like Call of Duty so have ordered Vanguard, MW2 & Coldwar. I'd like to get into some open-world type games & as @kentaddick asks grand strategy games, can anyone help me out with some suggestions - which are good but not too difficult please? Also am I right in thinking I can play PS4 COD WW2 on the PS5? Cheers all. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Open-world games you could start off with Horizon Zero Dawn + Forbidden West. Probably the best the playstation has to offer in terms of AAA+ open-world games. 

I would buy the Playstation Plus Extra package and delve into their collection of games. Spiderman is a good one for open-world too. 

Currently just waiting for God of War Ragnarok to finally come out. Recommend the God of War game if you like over-the-top violence. 
  • Options
    Genuinely can’t wait for God of War Ragnarok.
  • Options
    So then, I'll point out I'm definitely a gaming novice but I'm getting myself a PS5. I really like FPS games like Call of Duty so have ordered Vanguard, MW2 & Coldwar. I'd like to get into some open-world type games & as @kentaddick asks grand strategy games, can anyone help me out with some suggestions - which are good but not too difficult please? Also am I right in thinking I can play PS4 COD WW2 on the PS5? Cheers all. 
    You’ve asked the biggest grand strategy nerd ever 🤓

I wouldn’t play grand strategy on a console personally, think they’re a bit clunky and built much more for point and click pcs. You can’t go wrong with any paradox title, they must’ve taken a couple of grand from me over the years with games, DLCs etc. their games are a big learning curve but really rich and complex. At their core they’re basically a spreadsheet simulator, but I quite like that! Probably the most accessible and fun is crusader kings 3, you can do some batshit crazy stuff in that - join a cult, eat babies, set up you’re own eugenics programme by only marrying your kids off to people with the beautiful trait etc. all whilst keeping your vassals happy (so they don’t murder you by exploding dung under the inn you’re staying in). Top game! Also has the basic mechanics of most of the other paradox games”

Quite enjoyed playing Victoria 3 last night, threw myself into it and started as USA and ignored the tutorials… Quite like the new diplomatic play/war system where instead of micromanaging armies you assign a general to a front and just watch it play out. Managed to conquer Texas and intimidated Mexico to give me New Mexico. Managed to crash the economy however by building loads of construction buildings to try and kick start my building programme.. which then threw a massive black hole in my budget that sucked up all my gold reserves… part of the fun of these games is failing miserably and starting again armed with what you know. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022

I wouldn’t play grand strategy on a console personally, think they’re a bit clunky and built much more for point and click pcs. You can’t go wrong with any paradox title, they must’ve taken a couple of grand from me over the years with games, DLCs etc. their games are a big learning curve but really rich and complex. At their core they’re basically a spreadsheet simulator, but I quite like that! Probably the most accessible and fun is crusader kings 3, you can do some batshit crazy stuff in that - join a cult, eat babies, set up you’re own eugenics programme by only marrying your kids off to people with the beautiful trait etc. all whilst keeping your vassals happy (so they don’t murder you by exploding dung under the inn you’re staying in). Top game! Also has the basic mechanics of most of the other paradox games”

Quite enjoyed playing Victoria 3 last night, threw myself into it and started as USA and ignored the tutorials… Quite like the new diplomatic play/war system where instead of micromanaging armies you assign a general to a front and just watch it play out. Managed to conquer Texas and intimidated Mexico to give me New Mexico. Managed to crash the economy however by building loads of construction buildings to try and kick start my building programme.. which then threw a massive black hole in my budget that sucked up all my gold reserves… part of the fun of these games is failing miserably and starting again armed with what you know. 
    Have you ever played Europa Universalis - Or would you say Victoria is better?
  • Options
    Been slightly obsessed with Terra Invicta the last few days, highly recommended.
  • Options

Have you ever played Europa Universalis - Or would you say Victoria is better?
    Yes! Sunk lots of hours into that over the years. Don’t think any of them are better than the others, just different. Always found the late game of EU a bit boring, however. 
  • Options
    Been slightly obsessed with Terra Invicta the last few days, highly recommended.
    Heard lots of great things about this, might check it out!
  • Options
    Anyone had a look Gotham Knights? I liked the Arkham series though I know this is done by Warner Bros like Arkham Origins which I didnt mind in all fairness. 

Just heard dodgy things about the GK game though!
  • Options
    Anyone had a look Gotham Knights? I liked the Arkham series though I know this is done by Warner Bros like Arkham Origins which I didnt mind in all fairness. 

I've only heard bad things but that's not come from anyone whose actually played the game if that makes sense - just reviews etc
  • Options
    New COD MWII out officially today - hope the multiplayer is as good as it was on the last MW as it was a lot of fun. Will be playing plenty this weekend! 
  • Options
    edited October 2022

I've only heard bad things but that's not come from anyone whose actually played the game if that makes sense - just reviews etc
    Yeah same - seen/heard a couple of bad reviews but 2 people I know who got it haven't put it down. 
  • Options

Yeah same - seen/heard a couple of bad reviews but 2 people I know who got it haven't put it down. 
    Im thinking ill get it anyway as I enjoy those games amongst RPGs like Fallout and Skyrim...anything Bethesda really haha!

Might be me but feel like these new gen games are shite! Last one I enjoyed was Far Cry 6. 
  • Options
    I hope they release a hitman 4 for the ps5.

Excellent game(s)