Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming Video Games thread

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Chunes said:
    alicwkd said:
    Very late to the party with this, but I just finished The Last Of Us 2. Fantastic, one of the best games I've played in years. 
    Brilliant game. Not sure it topped The Last of Us 1, but a very good game nonetheless. Joel dying caught me off guard.
    Jesus... Thanks for the spoiler
    It's been out for 2 years
  • Options
    Anyone downloaded this Matrix thing that goes live tonight on PS5 and latest Xbox? Can’t believe the cji on Neo
  • Options
    alicwkd said:
    Very late to the party with this, but I just finished The Last Of Us 2. Fantastic, one of the best games I've played in years. 
    Brilliant game. Not sure it topped The Last of Us 1, but a very good game nonetheless. Joel dying caught me off guard.
    It never caught me off guard when Dirk died in Dragon's Lair in the arcades back in the 80's.
    I pumped loads of money into that poxy machine and reckon I had a cumulative playing time of about 4 minutes.
  • Options
    If its any consolation it happens almost straight away so doesn't spoil most of the story
  • Options
    Tell you what. One good thing about being older, a dad, more into board games now, and having less time to play video games is that when I do get around to catching up they usually a hell of a lot cheaper then they would have been*.

Recently finished God of War (incredible), and have moved onto Red Dead Redemption 2 (which I felt lukewarm about when I read about it on release), but god that’s an absolutely stunning game.

*I still will rarely pay for a full release if I’m really really hyped for it.

• Options
    Tell you what. One good thing about being older, a dad, more into board games now, and having less time to play video games is that when I do get around to catching up they usually a hell of a lot cheaper then they would have been*.

Recently finished God of War (incredible), and have moved onto Red Dead Redemption 2 (which I felt lukewarm about when I read about it on release), but god that’s an absolutely stunning game.

*I still will rarely pay for a full release if I’m really really hyped for it.

Both are brilliant, I'd heartily recommend Horizon Zero Dawn and (as mentioned above) Ghost of Tsushima when you're finished. They're both masterpieces of the same genre.
  • Options
    Since I got my PS5 in September I've played God of war, spiderman, horizon zero dawn and I've got the last of us 2 to play over the Christmas break,  I got them all second hand from ebay for about £30 and have sold them all on again so have spent less than £15 in total, I only really play game pass games on my Series x and second games on my PS5. Can't ever see me paying £70 for a brand new game 
  • Options
    I finished Last of us 2 and Red Dead this year and got them for £20 each, both brilliant games. Got the PS5 in June and got Assasin Creed Valhalla, was ok. 

Did play God of war, but got stock and did not want to start again. Plan to try Horizon Zero Dawn.

Also just finished Far Cry 6 Gold edition (cousin got it for my 40th), I would be pissed if I had spent £75 on it. Took 30hrs to box off. 
  • Options
    Oops sorry for the spoiler. Have corrected.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone with a Series X or PS5 I suggest you download the Matrix unreal engine 5 playable demo, it will blow your mind, genuinely took me a while to realize it wasn't a film trailer!! 
  • Options
    Anyone with a Series X or PS5 I suggest you download the Matrix unreal engine 5 playable demo, it will blow your mind, genuinely took me a while to realize it wasn't a film trailer!! 
    Totally agree. Next gen stuff.

Gameplay at 11:00, but entire video worth watching:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    shine166 said:
    Chunes said:
    alicwkd said:
    Jesus... Thanks for the spoiler
    It's been out for 2 years
    Who doesn't have a backlog of games they're looking forward to finding time to play? (Well the answer there is the young and single, but I'm 35 with two kids and it takes me a while). Two years is nothing!
    Fair play, when I play I take in as little of the story as possible. I've got a toddler too, so just like to crack on with the game. 
  • Options
    Roland in Warzone?
  • Options
    Anyone play World of Tanks or Dayz PS5?
  • Options
    currently playing my way through control after it was a ps plus game a few months back. story is very weird but the gameplay is great fun so far 
  • Options
    I've also been watching a playthrough of Life is Strange: True Colours. It's not the sort of game I'd probably play myself but I've enjoyed watching the playthrough. I find the sort of "play along movies" quite an interesting concept but far prefer watching others play than wasting my gaming time to play myself.

I've been playing Ghost of Tsushima on New Game+ with the additional expansion. It really is a beautifully made game. Would recommend it if others haven't played/heard of it.
    My friend has a disability that prevents her playing most games. Basically her hands don't work too well. Anyway, she loves playing Life is Strange, she was also telling me about a game called Vampyr that she's played through multiple times.
    I'm not really a gamer, but are you able to recommend other games that are similar?

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    I've also been watching a playthrough of Life is Strange: True Colours. It's not the sort of game I'd probably play myself but I've enjoyed watching the playthrough. I find the sort of "play along movies" quite an interesting concept but far prefer watching others play than wasting my gaming time to play myself.

I've been playing Ghost of Tsushima on New Game+ with the additional expansion. It really is a beautifully made game. Would recommend it if others haven't played/heard of it.
    My friend has a disability that prevents her playing most games. Basically her hands don't work too well. Anyway, she loves playing Life is Strange, she was also telling me about a game called Vampyr that she's played through multiple times.
    I'm not really a gamer, but are you able to recommend other games that are similar?

Heavy Rain was a classic similar to that sort of genre which was released about 10 years ago now, and it had a follow up I never played called Beyond: Two Souls. There are some segments which do require some quick button presses which may be an issue. This video about it always makes me laugh though.

https://youtu.be/Yy44s_de15Y

I've not played them myself, but I believe Telltale games do good games in a similar style (The Walking Dead, Batman etc..). And another similar game I also didn't play but got rave reviews was called Firewatch. There is also a game which came out this year which only requires you to blink, called 'before your eyes'. I've only read about it, but I think it is essentially about someone whose life is passing before there eyes. Sounds waaaaaaaay too emotional for me, I couldn't hack it.  

Of course there are loads of classics she could play as well like Grim FandangoBroken Sword as well as many a turn based RPG which don't require to much interaction with the controller.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Heavy Rain was a classic similar to that sort of genre which was released about 10 years ago now, and it had a follow up I never played called Beyond: Two Souls. There are some segments which do require some quick button presses which may be an issue. This video about it always makes me laugh though.

https://youtu.be/Yy44s_de15Y

I've not played them myself, but I believe Telltale games do good games in a similar style (The Walking Dead, Batman etc..). And another similar game I also didn't play but got rave reviews was called Firewatch. There is also a game which came out this year which only requires you to blink, called 'before your eyes'. I've only read about it, but I think it is essentially about someone whose life is passing before there eyes. Sounds waaaaaaaay too emotional for me, I couldn't hack it.  

Of course there are loads of classics she could play as well like Grim FandangoBroken Sword as well as many a turn based RPG which don't require to much interaction with the controller.
    Thanks for the advice. I played Grim Fandango, that was a lot of fun.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Definitely recommend Beyond: Two Souls, I watched a play through of that years ago and it really gripped me. I think your friend would like that.

There’s another more recent one that I can’t remember the name of that was a kind of murder mystery set in the future. As soon as I remember the name I’ll let you know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A quick search has just brought it up, Detroit Become Human. 

I’d recommend that for her too.
  • Options

Fantastic game.
  • Options
    Wish TT & WB would hurry up and release Lego Star Wars!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Fantastic game.
    That studio has just announced a new Star Wars game, can’t wait to see what they do with that universe. 
  • Options
    The gameplay trailers for Horizon Forbidden West look absolutely brilliant. It's released on my birthday next year, trying to convince management at home that I can treat myself to the PS5 HFW combo. Currently not looking too positive on that front.
    the last few months i have been trying to save the little money i have so to stay in and reasonably entertained i have been getting back into video games. Bought Horizon Zero Dawn for 15 quid and it is a beauty of a game and did the job (along with Ghost Recon wildlands, not to everyone's taste but i actually really enjoy it).
    Good news that Forbidden west is available on PS4. 
  • Options
    The gameplay trailers for Horizon Forbidden West look absolutely brilliant. It's released on my birthday next year, trying to convince management at home that I can treat myself to the PS5 HFW combo. Currently not looking too positive on that front.
    the last few months i have been trying to save the little money i have so to stay in and reasonably entertained i have been getting back into video games. Bought Horizon Zero Dawn for 15 quid and it is a beauty of a game and did the job (along with Ghost Recon wildlands, not to everyone's taste but i actually really enjoy it).
    Good news that Forbidden west is available on PS4. 
    PlayStation Now it's quite good for catching up with old games, it's about a fiver pm
  • Options
    Just finished Halo Infinite, really good game, they got pretty much everything right this time, a bit repetitive towards the end but never to the point of not wanting to carry on, toss up between this, Deaths Door and Psychonauts 2 for my game of the year although my favourite game I've played this year is probably Spiderman (2018).
  • Options
    Just finished Halo Infinite, really good game, they got pretty much everything right this time, a bit repetitive towards the end but never to the point of not wanting to carry on, toss up between this, Deaths Door and Psychonauts 2 for my game of the year although my favourite game I've played this year is probably Spiderman (2018).
    The campaign is open world in the new Halo isn't it? How does that work? Sounds a bit odd to me but I haven't played any Halo's since Reach which was really excellent.

A few of my mates have been playing the multiplayer in Infinite and said its great fun. I'm tempted to give it a try.
  • Options
    The campaign is open world in the new Halo isn't it? How does that work? Sounds a bit odd to me but I haven't played any Halo's since Reach which was really excellent.

A few of my mates have been playing the multiplayer in Infinite and said its great fun. I'm tempted to give it a try.
    It's "semi" open world, once the first couple of missions are done and you land on Zeta Halo you can basically go anywhere, there are outposts and bases to capture and Marines to free but you don't have to do them, there is always a mian mission path to follow if you want.

I like exploring and it's the main way to upgrade the few items you can upgrade, although you do get things during the main story to help you ungrade, I'm not the best shooter game player so wanted more to help me out in the later levels.

Once you capture a few outposts you can call in vehicles to get around and it's just good fun, never felt like I was grinding at all, even though I've finished it I'm just going around finishing getting the last few gear items ias t's such a good time, they definitely ramped up the difficulty and the normal difficulty playthrough I did felt more like Heroic on previous Halo's - some very challenging bosses!!
  • Options

It's "semi" open world, once the first couple of missions are done and you land on Zeta Halo you can basically go anywhere, there are outposts and bases to capture and Marines to free but you don't have to do them, there is always a mian mission path to follow if you want.

I like exploring and it's the main way to upgrade the few items you can upgrade, although you do get things during the main story to help you ungrade, I'm not the best shooter game player so wanted more to help me out in the later levels.

Once you capture a few outposts you can call in vehicles to get around and it's just good fun, never felt like I was grinding at all, even though I've finished it I'm just going around finishing getting the last few gear items ias t's such a good time, they definitely ramped up the difficulty and the normal difficulty playthrough I did felt more like Heroic on previous Halo's - some very challenging bosses!!
    That sounds really good. Might splash out. Girlfriend will be fuming as she bought me a PS5 for Xmas and the first thing I do is buy a game for Xbox haha... not that she knows the difference mind