Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming Video Games thread

Comments

• Options
    I have CP2077 on Stadia and it's glorious tbh, runs like a dream and looks amazing
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    sam3110 said:
    I have CP2077 on Stadia and it's glorious tbh, runs like a dream and looks amazing
    Waiting for my gig internet to start considering Stadia... Have stadia premier edition but My 10-20 Mbps doesn't cut it right now.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Waiting for my gig internet to start considering Stadia... Have stadia premier edition but My 10-20 Mbps doesn't cut it right now.
    We have hyperoptic in our block right now, 300mbps consistently, really helps with streaming stuff like this
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    We have hyperoptic in our block right now, 300mbps consistently, really helps with streaming stuff like this
    Yeah our new internet lands on Tuesday next week. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Interesting that Amazon are also getting in on the cloud gaming buzz...

https://www.amazon.com/luna/landing-page
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Loaded GTA up and my nightclub has a Christmas tree and Christmas lights up suddenly and I go outside and its snowing.

WTF lol, as if it wasnt hard enough go control cars at full speed now we have icey roads
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Not overly surprised, they've created services with everything else
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Not overly surprised, they've created services with everything else
    Must mean Stadia is doing well.
  • Options
    My main concern with Google/Amazon and streaming games with them is how long before there are ads while the game loads or after every few cut scenes etc? it's only a matter of time before it happens.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    My main concern with Google/Amazon and streaming games with them is how long before there are ads while the game loads or after every few cut scenes etc? it's only a matter of time before it happens.
    Won't happen. They won't interrupt a game with ads, they'd lose developers pretty sharpish, especially when you're paying for the content.

They could stick ads on service startup etc and maybe on free games and so long as the Dev houses get a cut, I'd have no issue (so long as it doesn't stop me playing my game as normal. It's not like I read loading screens, but I don't want them extended/delayed)

P.s if anyone's interested in giving stadia a 30 minute trial no payment details req:
    https://www.engadget.com/amp/google-stadia-pro-cloud-gaming-streaming-free-trial-30-minutes-half-hour-141552037.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I couldn't believe it was real... Searched all over and it seems it actually is legit?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    So I foolishly bought this too... So I now have it on Xbox one and stadia... 

It was a good&bad idea as my internet struggled but at times it was a clean, crisp 1080 and at that resolution looked miles better than Xbox... 

Exciting for when the good internet lands!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:

It was a good&bad idea as my internet struggled but at times it was a clean, crisp 1080 and at that resolution looked miles better than Xbox... 

Does your progress save across platforms?

Id get the refund from Microsoft and just play on stadia, I imagine by the time it gets fixed it will be cheaper than it was at launch as some sort of good will gesture from CDPR,

Its a shame it hasn't gone down well on consoles as the pc footage looks amazing and pretty much everything I've read or watched says the story and  gameplay etc are really really good, It would have been ideal for me with a couple of weeks off work.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:

Does your progress save across platforms?

Id get the refund from Microsoft and just play on stadia, I imagine by the time it gets fixed it will be cheaper than it was at launch as some sort of good will gesture from CDPR,

Its a shame it hasn't gone down well on consoles as the pc footage looks amazing and pretty much everything I've read or watched says the story and  gameplay etc are really really good, It would have been ideal for me with a couple of weeks off work.
    Nah I'll settle for having both, too many hours put into the XB1 version now!
  • Options
    Any idea the best way to get a PS5, decided as this lockdown isn't going away i might aswell get one now. Was getting in March time, i keep checking tech radar , only the last few days. My cousin said Amazon and Game were getting restocked, but looks like i might have missed it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    also a side note there are a couple of cheap game deals today on amazon, i am going to get assassins as £32 instead of £55, so makes sense even though i haven't got the console yet lol 
  • Options
    also a side note there are a couple of cheap game deals today on amazon, i am going to get assassins as £32 instead of £55, so makes sense even though i haven't got the console yet lol 
    ok i went for watch dogs, mainly as it had london and has a bit of GTA feel to it. Yes i dont have a console but ordered my first game lol
  • Options
    Any idea the best way to get a PS5, decided as this lockdown isn't going away i might aswell get one now. Was getting in March time, i keep checking tech radar , only the last few days. My cousin said Amazon and Game were getting restocked, but looks like i might have missed it. 
    When they were first released to pre order I got mine through very , loads of mates in virtual qs with game ,curry’s & amazon etc but I sailed through with very although I did have to buy a bundle , it’s just not the first thought for consoles I guess , the downside is you have to open a credit account with them & pay when you order rather than when it’s shipped but the whole process was nice & easy & arrived on launch day 
  • Options
    When they were first released to pre order I got mine through very , loads of mates in virtual qs with game ,curry’s & amazon etc but I sailed through with very although I did have to buy a bundle , it’s just not the first thought for consoles I guess , the downside is you have to open a credit account with them & pay when you order rather than when it’s shipped but the whole process was nice & easy & arrived on launch day 
    Thank you, i have tried very and everywhere they are out of stock, expected. I originally wasn't that fussed but now thought it would be a good idea to pass the time. Keeping an eye out on a few fronts at the mo, ideally one might pop up mid Jan when next stock seems to be arriving. Worst case i'll get in March when i originally planned too :) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got a Nintendo switch for Christmas as I love Mario Kart, discovered that you can download Football Manager 2021 bliss!
  • Options
    I've got an alert set up for the Series X through the stock informer website, looks like only Amazon, Very, Curry's and Ao.com let them know when stock is coming in but it does show Argos, Game and Smyth's stock also. The PS5 is there too so you can set up an alert for it.

I got an alert that Amazon had the series X in stock briefly yesterday in the very early hours but didn't see it till later on in the day so they had all gone, looking at the comments there does seem to be stock coming in weekly but I think unless you happen to browsing at the exact time it gets listed the chances of getting either till maybe February/March are pretty slim.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    If anyone has been interested and have a Xbox Series X/S rather than PC

Microsoft Flight Simulator will finally be released on that console with a 15th June release date

My only advice is if people are going to purchase and then buy additional aircraft, honestly dont touch the "CaptainSim 777" its effectively a scam, basically a long term flight sim developer, taking advantage of unware new buyers in the "hobby" by releasing a product that is a waste of money.
  • Options
    Anyone with a PS5 going to get Ratchet & Clank? Looks like great fun! 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Anyone with a PS5 going to get Ratchet & Clank? Looks like great fun! 
    Ratchet and Clank on the PS4 was brilliant fun. I still don't have a PS5 but the release of the new R&C definitely makes me want to try and get one soon. The real swinger though will be Horizon: Forbidden West. The gameplay trailer for that last week looked utterly insane! 

I'm currently replaying Zero Dawn. Having left it 3/4 years since my first play through the magic has really come back, a brilliant game.
  • Options
    I've just bought a 4K OLED tv and I'm looking to pick up a console for very casual gaming. I know all consoles are miserable vs a half decent PC, but does the PS4 Pro look decent at 4K? Surely it can't output 4K @ 60fps?
  • Options
    I've just bought a 4K OLED tv and I'm looking to pick up a console for very casual gaming. I know all consoles are miserable vs a half decent PC, but does the PS4 Pro look decent at 4K? Surely it can't output 4K @ 60fps?
    The pro can output 4K @ 60hz no problem. Whether the games run at that is another story.
  • Options
    Sorry that's what I meant
  • Options
    Anyone been watching E3? Nothing major shown other than Elden Ring and the indie showcase had some really good looking games.
  • Options
    Anyone been watching E3? Nothing major shown other than Elden Ring and the indie showcase had some really good looking games.
    Been keeping tabs on it & nothing exciting yet , the avatar game was the biggest revel but didn’t have much to show after almost 5 years of development so at least it’s in keeping with the avatar 2 film! 

Hoping to hear more about hogwarts legacy but there’s not much coming on anything I’m that interested in , im a ps5 guy so now Sony have pulled out of E3 I’m not expecting anything exciting