Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No game today: season ticket has still not arrived

Comments

• PL54 said:

in a nutshell Grapevine

Great summary indeed, Grapevine.

Might you consider penning something of that nature to send to KM ?

My view, for what it's worth, is that KM requires A N Other, a COO perhaps, to whom she could delegate certain duties, or work with in overseeing the respective department managers. IMHO she has too much on her plate to effectively cover all the bases.

Can you recommend anyone ?
    Clippety clop.
  • Someone claiming on Facebook that they finally got their season ticket, after going to the sorting office and paying the postage as it had been sent without a stamp.

Surely they couldn't send a whole batch out without stamping them, could they?
  • Someone claiming on Facebook that they finally got their season ticket, after going to the sorting office and paying the postage as it had been sent without a stamp.

Surely they couldn't send a whole batch out without stamping them, could they?

Nope most of them never sent.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Don't know if it is the full story but on the CA facebook page someone is saying that someone went down today and asked for a refund or compensation for missing QPR. The club staff said no and that they only option is he wasn't happy was a full refund for the whole ST (his and a couple of others) so he said yes.

So that's three ST sales lost. Brilliant customer service if true.

Clueless if true.
    Though the club is not excused for poor customer service and a big phuck up, those fans wanting an entire refund on season tickets is mental, just because they can't have 1 game refunded because they chose not to collect the tickets prior to the game.

Shitty fans if true.

They didn't have to miss QPR, they could have gone down to the club on match day and collected before the game.

Would they have been inconvenienced by minor delays, yes certainly.

Would they have seen both goals, yes unless they popped to the bog.

Would they have wanted a refund for missing a quarter or half of a game, very unlikely.

They only want a refund because they missed a win.
    They didn't want a full refund - they wanted the club to compensate them for missing the QPR game. As that wasn't offered, they seem to have accepted a full refund to which they were certainly entitled. The club had failed to supply what it had sold, so that issue is straightforward and would have been supported by local trading standards. It's not the responsibility of the customer to ensure goods or services are supplied.

No doubt some people will feel this doesn't make them worthy supporters, but it's their choice. It's a crazy argument to attack people for not accepting poor service. In any event, I suspect they are making a point and will be back.

Ultimately this is about the contradiction between being just a business and being a club. Fans queue to overcome problems they didn't cause because of their loyalty over and above the transaction itself - that's why the "fans must accept that the owner decides" line is so poisonous. If you openly reduce the relationship to a financial transaction you are dismissing that loyalty as meaningless, whereas it is actually fundamental.
    Spot on Airman. Heart strings and purse strings tend to become entangled when it comes to football club loyalty.

• The point was made to me by my IT correspondent that once you identify the problem is with the data migration you should be able to correct it and identify the issues that have been caused. This would explain staff giving figures. IF they knew at the start of the week they could potentially have done another mail out and resolved the problems without any need for fans to collect (I'll defer to anyone who knows better!), but I'm not convinced they worked it out until it was very clear tickets were not going to land in the right places.

It is most likely that the migration problem was not picked up (due to lack of or non-existent testing) until after updates (tickets issued etc) had been made to the new database. In which case, re-running the migration was not a viable option.
  • Same old people jump on the band wagon as soon as KM and the club make a balls up - you gotta laugh.
    I also had the inconvenience of travelling to the valley on the thursday to collect season ticket which they reprinted in a minute.
  • I'm off to facebook to claim that KM gave me a rusty trombone as way of an apology, lets see if it is believed as easily as the made up shit that makes the club look bad.
  • Still haven't got mine as gave up queuing on Sat and as I live in Bedfordshire I can't get down to The Valley on non-match days. So was waiting for it to be posted as per the 'apology' on the website on Monday.

...just got home and I'm 99% sure that this is for my season ticket... you genuinely couldn't make it up. Losing the will to live!
  • The correct postage was on ours, but someone franked the bottom of the envelopes, as opposed to the top.

There appears to be some seriously mentally challenged individuals somewhere.
  • Unbelievable. After sorting out my season tickets on Tuesday before the Daggers game, another season ticket has just arrived at home in the post!!! I have no idea why, and will now have to find out which one is valid for the Hull game...

The letter was postmarked 12th August, so it looks doubtful that it was one of the original ones"lost" in the post...
  • Sponsored links:

• Same old people jump on the band wagon as soon as KM and the club make a balls up - you gotta laugh.
    I also had the inconvenience of travelling to the valley on the thursday to collect season ticket which they reprinted in a minute.

I expect to see a 5 page report in VOTV about this
  • Hate to make this sound less significant than it is, but everyone does realise this is about football right ? Nobody lost a spot in the lung transplant queue to postal mixups
  • Pedro45 said:

Unbelievable. After sorting out my season tickets on Tuesday before the Daggers game, another season ticket has just arrived at home in the post!!! I have no idea why, and will now have to find out which one is valid for the Hull game...

I'll have it!

• It's a truck load until the truck rolls over then it becomes a shed load. Then when someone clears up the mess it can become a sack load. Or even a bucket load.

So when does it become a Shitload?? Is it when they are Millwall season tickets?
  • Still haven't got mine as gave up queuing on Sat and as I live in Bedfordshire I can't get down to The Valley on non-match days. So was waiting for it to be posted as per the 'apology' on the website on Monday.

...just got home and I'm 99% sure that this is for my season ticket... you genuinely couldn't make it up. Losing the will to live!

I had exactly the same from Royal Mail. I stumped up the £1.54 and indeed it was my season ticket; I got my replacement last Wednesday at the Valley. Although I can't get too excited about it all (like others have said, there are far more serious things in life to deal with) I am intrigued to understand just how many different aspects there are to this whole episode!
  • Its not a difficult task to put the correct postage on.

I had exactly the same from Royal Mail. I stumped up the £1.54 and indeed it was my season ticket; I got my replacement last Wednesday at the Valley. Although I can't get too excited about it all (like others have said, there are far more serious things in life to deal with) I am intrigued to understand just how many different aspects there are to this whole episode!

Its not a difficult task to put the correct postage on.

Just to qualify, there was actually no stamp or franking mark on the envelope at all. My suspicion is that quite a few might have been posted like this?
  • I went down The Valley last Thursday and picked mine up. Can I claim for the my petrol?

Only joking, I'm not an MP
  • Sponsored links:

• Why do we have to use phrases like "spoilt brat"? I mean really.
  • edited August 2015
    timken said:

No dedication.No resiliance.Pathetic.No doubt you take the day off work when there is a tube strike or if its raining.

Leave Francis Jeffers out of this.

• So it seems a large number of season tickets ended up in Bournemouth.... Not Joking.
  • Just back from 2 weeks holiday, two season tickets ordered and paid for, still not arrived! Will phone on Monday, I presume they will issue replacements. I think I will collect!
  • My two turned up Thursday.
  • Pedro45 said:

Unbelievable. After sorting out my season tickets on Tuesday before the Daggers game, another season ticket has just arrived at home in the post!!! I have no idea why, and will now have to find out which one is valid for the Hull game...

The letter was postmarked 12th August, so it looks doubtful that it was one of the original ones"lost" in the post...

How much u want for it
  • So it seems a large number of season tickets ended up in Bournemouth.... Not Joking.

Yeah, we were talking to a postie, at Derby yesterday. 600 S/T's sent to Bournemouth.

I presume they were West Upper :smile:

I thought that was the joke, when he told me ,bit no he was serious.
  • Pedro45 said:

Same here. Had three new season tickets arrive in the post on Friday. No idea why. Don't know if the old ones are invalid or not now.

Perhaps it's my much mooted "compensation" for the Bournermouth match?
  • edited August 2015

So it seems a large number of season tickets ended up in Bournemouth.... Not Joking.

Yeah, we were talking to a postie, at Derby yesterday. 600 S/T's sent to Bournemouth.

I presume they were West Upper :smile:

I thought that was the joke, when he told me ,bit no he was serious.
    It's not implausible that 14/15 season ticket data would have been overwritten in that part of the west upper when the tickets were allocated to Bournemouth, because of the way the old system worked and the fact it was the last match of the season and on that system. It was not straightforward to reallocate ST seats, they would need to have been released first, and the person who set up the games on the system for that season had gone by then.

However, for this to be true we'd 1) presumably have seen a major cluster of problems with missing tickets in that end of the upper west and 2) someone would need to have stuffed and franked 600 ST envelopes all addressed to AFC Bournemouth (since Charlton wouldn't have the individual purchaser information) without query.

The latter seems very hard to credit, although I do think the issue of where the missing season tickets went is still an open one.
  • Perhaps the three players we were going to sign from Bournemouth are returning the Season Tickets.