Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No game today: season ticket has still not arrived

Comments

• I was buying 2 tickets to the match.

No queue jump, no season ticket. I didn't realise there was a reason for the separate queues, I just went in the one that was moving faster and that took just 10 minutes for me to get through.

You probably looked right at me and thought bastard as I went through in 10 minutes compared to your 30? Really didn't notice a major speed difference in queues, but I was only paying attention to the cashier in front of our side.
  • edited August 2015

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

timken said:

KiwiG .What a spoilt Brat you sound.They had perfectly good arrangements for giving out season tickets at the ground today.You are not the resiliant stuff Charlton supporters need to be made off .You should be ashamed of yourself.
    It was a great game you missed by the way you wimp.

Spoilt brat?!

The man has spent hundreds of pounds and not received what he has paid for.

He has every right to be aggrieved.

Are you Katrien Meire?

You seem to possess her insensitive arrogance.
    People are well within their right to be pissed off, but not sure this comment is necessary or even remotely true.
    The buck stops with the CEO.

I have seen no evidence of an apology, explanation or even a comment from her regarding this matter.

That to me is insensitivity and arrogance.

If I am mistaken I will willingly withdraw my comment and apologise myself!

I am actually treating her as a CEO in saying this. A male CEO would have had "pelters" on here because of this. People hold back because she is a bit of fluff who is easy on the eye. To me that is sexist and disrespectful.

I
    Out of interest, how would you like one of your daughters referred to "as a bit of fluff who is easy on the eye."

Personally, if my daughter succeded in life as KM has and was described thus then I would be pretty pissed off about it, and she would be too.

Clearly there has been a fuck up with the STs - and the buck stops with KM - but comments like that are not needed.
    You misunderstand my motive in using that phrase.

As the father of 3 ambitious daughters I am as qualified as most to have an opinion on sexists attitudes to women in the workplace and fully respect and endorse Katrien Meire's right and qualifications on paper to be CEO. I have indeed defended her previously on here.

I have always told my daughters to do things to the best of their abilities, put their hands up if they make a mistake and, conversely, vigorously defend themselves if people unjustifiably try to pin blame on them. If they want to be treated with the respect commensurate with the role then they have to conduct themselves as such which means taking responsibility for both the good and the bad.

However, male or female, as I said above ,the buck stops with the CEO. That is why she should be called to account. Those of us attempting to call her to account are being criticised. I do not understand why that should be.

I can only surmise it is because she is an attractive young female (bit of fluff who is easy on the eye) rather than, say, a man with a beard and a geordie accent.

If that is not the reason then please tell me what it is?
  • LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

timken said:

KiwiG .What a spoilt Brat you sound.They had perfectly good arrangements for giving out season tickets at the ground today.You are not the resiliant stuff Charlton supporters need to be made off .You should be ashamed of yourself.

Spoilt brat?!

Are you Katrien Meire?

People are well within their right to be pissed off, but not sure this comment is necessary or even remotely true.

I have seen no evidence of an apology, explanation or even a comment from her regarding this matter.

I am actually treating her as a CEO in saying this. A male CEO would have had "pelters" on here because of this. People hold back because she is a bit of fluff who is easy on the eye. To me that is sexist and disrespectful.

I
    Out of interest, how would you like one of your daughters referred to "as a bit of fluff who is easy on the eye."

Personally, if my daughter succeded in life as KM has and was described thus then I would be pretty pissed off about it, and she would be too.

Clearly there has been a fuck up with the STs - and the buck stops with KM - but comments like that are not needed.

As the father of 3 ambitious daughters I am as qualified as most to have an opinion on sexists attitudes to women in the workplace and fully respect and endorse Katrien Meire's right and qualifications on paper to be CEO. I have indeed defended her previously on here.

However, male or female, as I said above,the buck stops with the CEO. Therefore she should be called to account. Those of us attempting to call her to account are being criticised. I do not understand why that should be.

I can only surmise it is because she is an attractive young female (bit of fluff whi is easy on the eye) rather than, say a man with a beard and a geordie accent.

If theres a delivery problem with your ASDA home shopping, do you hold Andy Clarke accountable?

If your Virgin in-flight meal tastes of shit, do you get the hump with Josh Bayliss?

KM should come out and apologise on behalf of whoever's fuck up it was, but to me it appears that she's such an easy target on here because its all quite new for her.
  • rikofold said:

Dazzler21 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Dazzler21 said:

What are you lot on, I rolled up at 2.45 got a ticket at 2:55 and was seated in NWQ by 3:02.

2 minutes missed only.

Was that to collect a missing season ticket or were you purchasing a match ticket?
    Just a match ticket, but the queue was in the same place... unless there were some lost sheep by the ticket office.
    The queues were different. Right hand side tickets left hand side season ticket collection. Anyone know how many people manned the latter? I didn't make the front of the queue.
    The left hand side (for ST reprint collections) had three queues for 3 kiosks. But it was taking up to 10mins per person to sort our (which I can't understand - as surely most people had arranged the reprint during the week, in which case the tickets should be ready and waiting for collection?!). Despite joining the queue at 2:20ish I didn't get near the front either.
    This is why I asked the question re how many were serving. I collected my ticket today as I was at the Valley anyway - took the guy no more than 10 seconds to find my ticket and hand it over
  • edited August 2015

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

timken said:

Spoilt brat?!

Are you Katrien Meire?

I

However, male or female, as I said above,the buck stops with the CEO. Therefore she should be called to account. Those of us attempting to call her to account are being criticised. I do not understand why that should be.

I can only surmise it is because she is an attractive young female (bit of fluff whi is easy on the eye) rather than, say a man with a beard and a geordie accent.

If theres a delivery problem with your ASDA home shopping, do you hold Andy Clarke accountable?

If your Virgin in-flight meal tastes of shit, do you get the hump with Josh Bayliss?

KM should come out and apologise on behalf of whoever's fuck up it was, but to me it appears that she's such an easy target on here because its all quite new for her.
    In answer to your question:

I would try to resolve the issue first at a local level. However if I considered it significant enough and those lower down "the food chain" were either unable or unwilling to resolve the issue to my satisfaction then I would indeed hold the CEO responsible yes.

I think it was President Truman who said if you cannot stand the heat get out of the kitchen and, when president, had a notice on his desk stating that the buck stops here.

EDIT: You too are now acknowledging that there should be some input from KM.

That is all I and others have been saying.
  • Technology now opens the gates but people still sell beer, pies and programmes - is that the difference.

It's lucky we are only talking about a ticket for a game of football here - anything important and it could get contentious.
  • LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

timken said:

Spoilt brat?!

Are you Katrien Meire?

I

In answer to your question:

I would try to resolve the issue first at a local level. However if I considered it significant enough and those lower down "the food chain" were either unable or unwilling to resolve the issue to my satisfaction then I would indeed hold the CEO responsible yes.

I think it was President Truman who said if you cannot stand the heat get out of the kitchen and, when president, had a notice on his desk stating that the buck stops here.

EDIT: You too are now acknowledging that there should be some input from KM.

That is all I and others have been saying.
    Len, there is a difference between saying she should eventually come out and apologise and saying she has 'insensitive arrogance'.

Thats not constructive criticism and is uncalled for, which was my original point.
  • I'm not sure how much longer we can use "new to the job" - KM has been in place as CEO for 18 months now. That's twice as long as the average tenure of a Championship manager...

Not quite sure what the link between the tenure of a manager and a CEO is but anyway, CP dined out on the 'new to the job' for over 2 season with a lot of us on here.

• Sponsored links:

• But the mistakes keep happening. Some are small in themselves but others are bigger and financially damaging. Selling tickets, programmes and food are the key activities of a football club off the pitch and training ground and we are struggling to do all three.

I've stuck up for KM a lot on here but she really needs to get a grip of what is going wrong.

This.
  • LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

timken said:

Spoilt brat?!

Are you Katrien Meire?

I

Not true. When the club made this type of PR balls up the head person was the one who took the flack.

Swindon ticket fiasco 2010. Kavanagh
    Man Utd FA Youth Cup 1995 and 1994 ticket free for all in the FA Cup: Alwin.

No different this time.
  • "constant sniping" seems like a very fair summary, viz:

'...Much water has flowed past the Thames Barrier since, some of it very disagreeable. And even the build-up to this match was soured for many supporters by the club’s abysmal handling of the season-ticket process, the blame for which it tried, implausibly, to pin on Royal Mail... Some who did get their season tickets were annoyed to find the club was still not taking coach bookings for the following week's away games, while there were a number of issues on the day with Valley Express... One can hardly say that Charlton have embraced the future, since the technology has been commonplace elsewhere for some time, but at least they have arrived, belatedly, in the present... the programme sales operation continued to be a comedy of errors... Meanwhile, Airman Brown takes his usual look behind the scenes to bring you some of the stories the club hasn't been willing to tell you...'

recently published on VOTVonline for all to read, all relating to things which happened but none of it remotely constructive, is it?
  • "constant sniping" seems like a very fair summary, viz:

'...Much water has flowed past the Thames Barrier since, some of it very disagreeable. And even the build-up to this match was soured for many supporters by the club’s abysmal handling of the season-ticket process, the blame for which it tried, implausibly, to pin on Royal Mail... Some who did get their season tickets were annoyed to find the club was still not taking coach bookings for the following week's away games, while there were a number of issues on the day with Valley Express... One can hardly say that Charlton have embraced the future, since the technology has been commonplace elsewhere for some time, but at least they have arrived, belatedly, in the present... the programme sales operation continued to be a comedy of errors... Meanwhile, Airman Brown takes his usual look behind the scenes to bring you some of the stories the club hasn't been willing to tell you...'

recently published on VOTVonline for all to read, all relating to things which happened but none of it remotely constructive, is it?

Which points are you saying are untrue or unfair?

• edited August 2015

"constant sniping" seems like a very fair summary, viz:

"Constant sniping at KM" personally was the comment to which I was responding. She isn't mentioned there.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2015
    It's always good to hear from you Grapevine.

I sometimes think it must be me, but then you always reassure me that it's not.

These things aren't that difficult to overcome.

If the club knew it held incorrect S/T data (and surely it did, because the supporters knew), then the simple solution, was to get S/T applications in, with all the necessary details. Whether online, or paper applications, if that was needed.

Then input the correct information. So so simple.

The CEO really should be overseeing this.

I'd hate to think what would have happened to me, if I had carried out my managerial duties, in such a fashion.

I'm quite certain I would have been removed from my post, one way or another.
  • Don't know if it is the full story but on the CA facebook page someone is saying that someone went down today and asked for a refund or compensation for missing QPR. The club staff said no and that they only option is he wasn't happy was a full refund for the whole ST (his and a couple of others) so he said yes.

So that's three ST sales lost. Brilliant customer service if true.
  • Don't know if it is the full story but on the CA facebook page someone is saying that someone went down today and asked for a refund or compensation for missing QPR. The club staff said no and that they only option is he wasn't happy was a full refund for the whole ST (his and a couple of others) so he said yes.

So that's three ST sales lost. Brilliant customer service if true.

Clueless if true.
  • "Charlton would like to provide an update to supporters, following the installation of the club’s new ticketing system for the 2015/16 season

Charlton would like to provide an update to supporters, following the installation of the club’s new ticketing system for the 2015/16 season.

With season-ticket sales surpassing the 10,000 mark, more fans have pledged their support than last year, including 1,500 new individuals booking their place in SE7 for the new campaign.

With the new electronic entry systems being used heavily around the stadium for the first time during Saturday's 2-0 opening day victory over Queens Park Rangers, the club were also pleased that supporters were able to enter the ground quickly and easily, with no difficulties reported.

However, we are also aware that there are a number of season-ticket holders who are still waiting to receive their cards for the new season.

While all season tickets were sent out by Friday, July 31st, the club were to later discover technical difficulties surrounding data migration to the new system and Charlton would like to offer its apologies to those fans who were affected.

“We would like to apologise to all those supporters who have faced delays in receiving their tickets,” said Charlton CEO Katrien Meire.

“Although there has been an early issue, the new system will bring a huge amount of improvement to the way we sell our tickets.

“With the changes made, it will be much easier for fans to purchase their tickets, and in turn, encourage a new fan base to The Valley. No doubt, it will provide a long-term benefit for the football club in the future."

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-season-ticket-update-2608733.aspx#wRmFlhJpXUIGlE7P.99
  • se9addick said:
    While all season tickets were sent out by Friday, July 31st, the club were to later discover technical difficulties surrounding data migration to the new system and Charlton would like to offer its apologies to those fans who were affected.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-season-ticket-update-2608733.aspx#wKXGH4QHwdkwvpby.99

No mention of Royal Mail. It still seems to me that they were sent out to wrong addresses or not at all.

At least, there's a decent apology now. It's a real shame that up to now the focus is on marketing rather than customer service and retention.
  • Not blaming Royal Mail anymore then.
  • @Airman

Thanks for taking the time to reply,it was a measured response considering the tone of my post...
    I was mindful of using the word resentment rather than the lazy and inappropriate bitter because I'm sad to say that is how some of your comments appear which can result in undermining your legitimate and constructive criticism at times.
    You don't accept the description of 'constant sniping', but I'm afraid the weight of evidence sometimes suggests otherwise.

The most recent concerning KM,for example: Otherwise it's really not good enough to be seen on Sky sitting on the silly sofa and interviewing children in the car park,but fail to stand up and take responsibility when things go badly wrong,but she must know that.

Of course she does,but sitting on a silly sofa doesn't preclude her failing to stand up and take responsibility as you have accused her of.It's a futile point.There seems to be divided opinion on here regarding apologies in the programme and on the club website.If there was an apology, then I don't see what more could have been done at the time;were it not the case,I agree.Poor show.

Then this: Had Miere made a statement on Friday which understated the position and it had gone much worse than it did,her position would now be close to untenable.

But she didn't make a statement on Friday and it didn't get much worse than it did.And with whom would her position have become untenable? RD is the only person in that scenario,or any scenario for that matter, and it's not hard to imagine the depth of his concern over the issue.
    Charlton isn't exempt from the vagaries of business;things go wrong,people look to apportion blame and workers get disgruntled. I believe that KM will do her utmost to resolve the issue; she doesn't strike me as a lead-swinger or someone who shirks responsibility.But I don't know;neither of us does.
    Anyway,on a personal level,it's none of my damn business how you conduct yourself,it's a football forum and nothing more, and don't imagine I'm unaware of how you were instrumental in getting us get back to The Valley.I am, and like many others, I appreciate it.