Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No game today: season ticket has still not arrived

Comments

• Is this whole fiasco something for the Trust to take on?
  • rikofold said:

timken said:

KiwiG .What a spoilt Brat you sound.They had perfectly good arrangements for giving out season tickets at the ground today.You are not the resiliant stuff Charlton supporters need to be made off .You should be ashamed of yourself.
    It was a great game you missed by the way you wimp.

No, they didn't. I queued from 2:35pm for half hour until someone came out to offer the remaining queue tickets for the East Stand so we could collect them another day. I took one because my seat is there anyway and, I was reliably informed, I'd be waiting at least 15 minutes if I didn't. Trust me 2.35 was the earliest I could get there, and there were more people still behind me than in front when I left the queue.

There was no common sense on show. No one going up the line so the tickets would be picked ready. No tickets/vouchers ready for each stand so the holder's seat could be used - its East Stand or miss a big part of the match was the only choice offered, and that only after the game had kicked off. No offer to post on the ticket, no we have to go pick it up. No option to collect after the game.

Frankly it was a mess, the whole thing's been a mess, and no word of apology from the club at any point. It's been the supporters who've had to inconvenience themselves to resolve it for the club, and that's nowhere near good enough when they took fans' money months ago.

I mean, it's not as if they couldn't have had these printed ages ago - there was I expecting an RFID card but it's just a bit of plastic with a barcode on, for crying out loud. Spin up Excel if you have to, but take ownership of the problem and make sure your loyal season ticket holders don't have to do it for you.
    Sorry to hear that rikofold , that is a farking disgrace and a proper shit show from those in charge who didn't have the foresight to put a proper plan in place when they knew what was coming .... 10-15 mins before kick off when the queues weren't gonna be disappearing in time for the game is the time to be doing that

The silence from above is deafening

#clownshoes
    Don't blame me, mortal.
    #God
  • Its obvious the club have made a mistake somewhere along the line but honestly feel this whole thread is a bit of an overreaction. Picked mine up from the ground yesterday after arriving at 2 ish , got in by 2:30/40. Really wasn't a massive deal.
  • Laddick01 said:

Its obvious the club have made a mistake somewhere along the line but honestly feel this whole thread is a bit of an overreaction. Picked mine up from the ground yesterday after arriving at 2 ish , got in by 2:30/40. Really wasn't a massive deal.

Be fair, you were one of the "lucky" ones. Others were not. If yours was not there, would you still think this thread an overreaction?

• Laddick01 said:

Its obvious the club have made a mistake somewhere along the line but honestly feel this whole thread is a bit of an overreaction. Picked mine up from the ground yesterday after arriving at 2 ish , got in by 2:30/40. Really wasn't a massive deal.

Be fair, you were one of the "lucky" ones. Others were not. If yours was not there, would you still think this thread an overreaction?

Honestly had I been given a paper ticket I wouldn't have been all that bothered providing it is sorted by the next home game. It was a disruption but at the end of the day those who went down still got to see the game and a very good 2-0 win at that.
  • Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

Honestly had I been given a paper ticket I wouldn't have been all that bothered providing it is sorted by the next home game. It was a disruption but at the end of the day those who went down still got to see the game and a very good 2-0 win at that.
    Fair enough. I was thinking more of the fans who queued for 50 minutes, only to be told to go to another booth. I would be furious in their position.

• Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

Fair enough. I was thinking more of the fans who queued for 50 minutes, only to be told to go to another booth. I would be furious in their position.

Totally agree some of the management on the day was poor , a sign or something to direct people into the right Queues would've surely been easy enough to organise. Hopefully the club will sort out all those still waiting and we can move on to concentrating more about affairs on the pitch.
  • The whole thing is a disgrace.

However, with regards the original post. I've missed about 6 home games in over 40 years and I wouldn't have missed this game, come what may.

If I really could, only get there by 2.45, I'd probably have just requested a paper ticket if quickest & if made to pay, ensured I got the money refunded in due course.
  • What are you lot on, I rolled up at 2.45 got a ticket at 2:55 and was seated in NWQ by 3:02.

2 minutes missed only.
  • Sponsored links:

• I bought my season ticket by phone on Friday (think it rang 3 times before being answred), collected at 14:30 Saturday, and had time for a pint before kickoff. Glad the beer was awful, otherwise nothing to moan about
  • Dazzler21 said:

What are you lot on, I rolled up at 2.45 got a ticket at 2:55 and was seated in NWQ by 3:02.

2 minutes missed only.

Was that to collect a missing season ticket or were you purchasing a match ticket?
  • LenGlover said:

timken said:

KiwiG .What a spoilt Brat you sound.They had perfectly good arrangements for giving out season tickets at the ground today.You are not the resiliant stuff Charlton supporters need to be made off .You should be ashamed of yourself.

Spoilt brat?!

The man has spent hundreds of pounds and not received what he has paid for.

He has every right to be aggrieved.

Are you Katrien Meire?

You seem to possess her insensitive arrogance.
    People are well within their right to be pissed off, but not sure this comment is necessary or even remotely true.
  • edited August 2015
    Statement on CASTRUST website:

castrust.org/2015/08/club-apologises-for-season-ticket-delays

The Trust are asking anyone affected to contact them with info and they will raise the matter with the Club.
  • LenGlover said:

timken said:

Spoilt brat?!

Are you Katrien Meire?

People are well within their right to be pissed off, but not sure this comment is necessary or even remotely true.
    The buck stops with the CEO.

I have seen no evidence of an apology, explanation or even a comment from her regarding this matter.

That to me is insensitivity and arrogance.

If I am mistaken I will willingly withdraw my comment and apologise myself!

I am actually treating her as a CEO in saying this. A male CEO would have had "pelters" on here because of this. People hold back because she is a bit of fluff who is easy on the eye. To me that is sexist and disrespectful.

I
  • Where is the apology on the website, please, @ValleyGary? Last I saw was an article about it but no word of apology. There was a paragraph on p8 of the programme - if you were lucky enough to get one.
  • Sponsored links:

• If she had a beard and a geordie accent instead of a Belgian one what would the attitude be I wonder?
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Dazzler21 said:

What are you lot on, I rolled up at 2.45 got a ticket at 2:55 and was seated in NWQ by 3:02.

2 minutes missed only.

Was that to collect a missing season ticket or were you purchasing a match ticket?
    Just a match ticket, but the queue was in the same place... unless there were some lost sheep by the ticket office.
  • KiwiG said:

So they were dealing with everyone in a few seconds, Timken? I wish I'd known. Since I couldn't get there until 2.45, I figured I'd spend most of the first half queuing. And if resilience means happily standing in a queue while the football game is played then I'm certainly not resilient. I also think it's highly unlikely my ticket would have been available, since they weren't answering emails and the ticket office phone line also said the ticket office was closed, so I couldn't check if they'd reprint it. If wanting to see both halves of the game makes me a spoilt brat, then that's what I am. I just figured that since I paid for it 3 1/2 months ago they'd manage to get it to me before the season started.

Obviously the club went to some lengths to get everyone into the ground, but that's not how they presented it to me. When I emailed them on Monday I got a reply saying it had been sent out, and that they might reprint it so I could collect it on Saturday. I replied asking what the arrangement was, and never received a reply. So I didn't know whether there would be a ticket for me if I turned up. I was reluctant to take a day off work to get the ticket before the game. I've seen the queues at the North Stand ticket office, and they can be long. I couldn't get there before 2.45, so I didn't know whether I'd actually get the ticket much before half-time, even if it had been re-printed. And that makes me a wimp and a spoiled brat? I guess I am a wimp when it comes to queuing. I hate it, and if I've paid hundreds of pounds for a ticket months earlier I don't expect to be told I may have to queue at the venue on the day, and I may miss half of the event. Oh, and there may not be a ticket for me anyway, and someone else might have got their hands on it, in which case I'm really out of luck.

Are there two people calling themselves Kiwi, who had the exact same problem, or do you post under two separate accounts?!
  • LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

timken said:

Spoilt brat?!

Are you Katrien Meire?

The buck stops with the CEO.

I have seen no evidence of an apology, explanation or even a comment from her regarding this matter.

That to me is insensitivity and arrogance.

If I am mistaken I will willingly withdraw my comment and apologise myself!

I am actually treating her as a CEO in saying this. A male CEO would have had "pelters" on here because of this. People hold back because she is a bit of fluff who is easy on the eye. To me that is sexist and disrespectful.

I
    I think it's fair to say that previous chief executives would have taken public responsibility for this situation from the outset, not least to try to protect the staff in the front line. Leaving that aside, the communication around the whole ticketing issue has been poor to the point of stupidity, which whoever is supposed to be managing the messages - and it's not the manager-less comms team - is the chief executive's responsibility.

I think there is one valid reason for Katrien Meire's invisibility to date, however, which is that the club had no idea how bad the situation on Saturday would be. Had Meire made a statement on Friday which understated the position and it had gone much worse than it did, her position would now be close to untenable. She can now make a comment and presumably an apology based on the facts of Saturday, which is a stronger position for her.

Otherwise it's really not good enough to be seen on Sky sitting on the silly sofa and interviewing children in the car park, but fail to stand up and take responsibility when things go badly wrong, but she must surely know that.
    I don't suppose your constant sniping at KM has anything to do with the fact she declined your generous offer of free advice on how to run a couple of coaches,does it?
    It serves little purpose save to compound the impression of your resentment of the fact that you were not re-employed by the new owner and,in particular,his CEO.
    You do a good job of publishingVoice,I'd stick to that.

• Dazzler21 said:

2 minutes missed only.

You got your season ticket in 10 minutes? You must have jumped some queues, otherwise I call bullshit. I was in the queue at 2.35 and didn't get near the front before collecting a free East Stand ticket for the game at 3.05.

Or did you just buy a ticket?
  • Dazzler21 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Dazzler21 said:

2 minutes missed only.

Just a match ticket, but the queue was in the same place... unless there were some lost sheep by the ticket office.
    The queues were different. Right hand side tickets left hand side season ticket collection. Anyone know how many people manned the latter? I didn't make the front of the queue.
  • rikofold said:

Dazzler21 said:

2 minutes missed only.

You got your season ticket in 10 minutes? You must have jumped some queues, otherwise I call bullshit. I was in the queue at 2.35 and didn't get near the front before collecting a free East Stand ticket for the game at 3.05.

Or did you just buy a ticket?
    Spot on @rikofold , exactly the same for me. Chap giving out the East stand tickets was the only one trying to help. Initially said no as wanted my Lower West seat, but quickly realised that I'd probably end up missing the entire first half if I stayed in that queue that had barely moved for 40mins!
  • rikofold said:

Dazzler21 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Dazzler21 said:

2 minutes missed only.

The queues were different. Right hand side tickets left hand side season ticket collection. Anyone know how many people manned the latter? I didn't make the front of the queue.
    The left hand side (for ST reprint collections) had three queues for 3 kiosks. But it was taking up to 10mins per person to sort our (which I can't understand - as surely most people had arranged the reprint during the week, in which case the tickets should be ready and waiting for collection?!). Despite joining the queue at 2:20ish I didn't get near the front either.