Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No game today: season ticket has still not arrived

Did anyone else not get to see the game today because their season ticket has still not arrived? I emailed the club during the week and was told to turn up early today, and that they might have my season ticket "reprinted" for collection at the North Stand ticket office.

I had other commitments and couldn't get there early to beg for admission, so I never got in.

I don't think they've sent it out. I must have purchased well over a hundred tickets from the ticket office in the last few years, and the tickets never once failed to arrive.

I could always pretend I'm new, because the people buying their first season tickets are clearly getting preference over the scum - like me - who've supported the club for years.

Really disappointed.

Comments

• So they were dealing with everyone in a few seconds, Timken? I wish I'd known. Since I couldn't get there until 2.45, I figured I'd spend most of the first half queuing. And if resilience means happily standing in a queue while the football game is played then I'm certainly not resilient. I also think it's highly unlikely my ticket would have been available, since they weren't answering emails and the ticket office phone line also said the ticket office was closed, so I couldn't check if they'd reprint it. If wanting to see both halves of the game makes me a spoilt brat, then that's what I am. I just figured that since I paid for it 3 1/2 months ago they'd manage to get it to me before the season started.
  • No dedication.No resiliance.Pathetic.No doubt you take the day off work when there is a tube strike or if its raining.
  • Thats the way I read it Callum.Then expected everyone to say how terrible it was and the club are disgraceful and blah blah boo hoo
  • edited August 2015
    So rather than miss part of the first half you would rather watch none of it? mind you if you are flying in from New Zealand its unreasonable for them to expect you to get there before 2.45.
  • Sponsored links:

• Slightly odd thread when there is already one about season tickets here but tbf, this is a balls up by the club, not by a fan who paid for his ticket some months ago and could rightly have expected to have received it some time before 2.45 the day if the game by standing in a queue.

We know there was a cock up by the club, this has been covered by other posts, and we know its not good enough, however, what else could the club do to resolve the situation. I dont think in the circumstances they had an alternative but ask the person to turn up a little earlier, other than ask him to pay at the ground and sort out a refund after the game.

• LenGlover said:

timken said:

KiwiG .What a spoilt Brat you sound.They had perfectly good arrangements for giving out season tickets at the ground today.You are not the resiliant stuff Charlton supporters need to be made off .You should be ashamed of yourself.
    It was a great game you missed by the way you wimp.

Spoilt brat?!

The man has spent hundreds of pounds and not received what he has paid for.

He has every right to be aggrieved.

Are you Katrien Meire?

You seem to possess her insensitive arrogance.
    It's funny, when I saw the thread title, I assumed you would be the op.
  • Obviously the club went to some lengths to get everyone into the ground, but that's not how they presented it to me. When I emailed them on Monday I got a reply saying it had been sent out, and that they might reprint it so I could collect it on Saturday. I replied asking what the arrangement was, and never received a reply. So I didn't know whether there would be a ticket for me if I turned up. I was reluctant to take a day off work to get the ticket before the game. I've seen the queues at the North Stand ticket office, and they can be long. I couldn't get there before 2.45, so I didn't know whether I'd actually get the ticket much before half-time, even if it had been re-printed. And that makes me a wimp and a spoiled brat? I guess I am a wimp when it comes to queuing. I hate it, and if I've paid hundreds of pounds for a ticket months earlier I don't expect to be told I may have to queue at the venue on the day, and I may miss half of the event. Oh, and there may not be a ticket for me anyway, and someone else might have got their hands on it, in which case I'm really out of luck.
  • It takes about four minutes to print the season ticket from getting to the window. The commercial centre stayed open until 8pm on Friday and a lot people did get their ticket on Saturday.
  • Look, sometimes people understand things better when it starts costing them money. So use the consumer protection legislation (assuming you paid by either credit card or via the finance arrangement) to claim back a pro rata portion of the cost of the season ticket.
    The finance company are jointly and severally liable and they will charge back to the club - then they'll get the message. Simples.
  • LenGlover said:

timken said:

KiwiG .What a spoilt Brat you sound.They had perfectly good arrangements for giving out season tickets at the ground today.You are not the resiliant stuff Charlton supporters need to be made off .You should be ashamed of yourself.

Spoilt brat?!

Are you Katrien Meire?

Dear Len, I think that the satirical and humorous message contained in this post has been taken far too literally by your good self((:>)
  • KiwiG said:

Did anyone else not get to see the game today because their season ticket has still not arrived? I emailed the club during the week and was told to turn up early today, and that they might have my season ticket "reprinted" for collection at the North Stand ticket office.

I had other commitments and couldn't get there early to beg for admission, so I never got in.

I don't think they've sent it out. I must have purchased well over a hundred tickets from the ticket office in the last few years, and the tickets never once failed to arrive.

I could always pretend I'm new, because the people buying their first season tickets are clearly getting preference over the scum - like me - who've supported the club for years.

Really disappointed.

Good grief!
    So the club made perfectly adequate arrangements after they cocked up, you couldn't be bothered to engage with the club and utilise the new plans/arrangements offered but still blame the club?
    Well done you've played a blinder.......
  • Sponsored links:

• KiwiG said:

So they were dealing with everyone in a few seconds, Timken? I wish I'd known. Since I couldn't get there until 2.45, I figured I'd spend most of the first half queuing. And if resilience means happily standing in a queue while the football game is played then I'm certainly not resilient. I also think it's highly unlikely my ticket would have been available, since they weren't answering emails and the ticket office phone line also said the ticket office was closed, so I couldn't check if they'd reprint it. If wanting to see both halves of the game makes me a spoilt brat, then that's what I am. I just figured that since I paid for it 3 1/2 months ago they'd manage to get it to me before the season started.

Kiwi, I posted a message on the other ST thread at about 12.15 saying i'd picked up my ticket with no queue whatsoever. I know the near to kick-off it could have been very different, but there were at least suggestions that the process was working.

That's not to disguise the fact that the club have handled this very badly indeed...
  • LenGlover said:

timken said:

Spoilt brat?!

Are you Katrien Meire?

Dear Len, I think that the satirical and humorous message contained in this post has been taken far too literally by your good self((:>)
    P'raps.
  • He paid his money upfront on the understanding they would provide a service in return. They didn't. They have his money. He didn't get what he paid for. They owe him some money and an apology.

You still haven't got yours then
  • Quite. I was sent to the wrong queue by a steward, fortunately I had the presence of mind to check with another steward.

It really is a shambles.