Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Naby Sarr signed on 5 year deal*** (Ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options
    Any news on Naby?
    He’s been in Greece and looks like he’s have a nice time! 
    Excellent, is he on the vino, or the ice creams?
    Ice Cream mocktails 
  • Options
    If he’s in Greece and he’s not got a frosty mug of Mythos in his hand then he’s not the man I thought he was.
  • Options
    I see a fan posted Naby’s response to him on the Facebook page when he asked if he’ll be staying. Pretty much a sit on the fence answer which is to be expected.

• Options
    I see a fan posted Naby’s response to him on the Facebook page when he asked if he’ll be staying. Pretty much a sit on the fence answer which is to be expected.

He's at the end of his contract so will probably move on. A free transfer to a club who will probably offer a better contract than we will be able to.
    If his reported 8k a week salary is true I cannot see us getting anywhere near that.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I know everyone is assuming he will move on but has anything been said officially about his future? 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I think we need to start up a whip round for Leuth to get him some therapy booked in for when he leaves.
    Yes, or maybe Leuth can see something you can't. I'm with Leuth on this one.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I think we need to start up a whip round for Leuth to get him some therapy booked in for when he leaves.
    Yes, or maybe Leuth can see something you can't. I'm with Leuth on this one.
    What you on about?
  • Options
    @Leuth has been pretty quiet for a while, I reckon he’s doing extra Quidditch practise or maybe gone down the allotments with Miriam Margoyles for a bit of slap and tickle...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    @Leuth has been pretty quiet for a while, I reckon he’s doing extra Quidditch practise or maybe gone down the allotments with Miriam Margoyles for a bit of slap and tickle...
    He’s always likes roots and sprouts. 
  • Options
    With the two giants of Cafc, Solly and Sarr, looking like they are both heading to pastures new, and Phillips probably getting a Championship move, who will be our longest serving Player ?

• Options
    With the two giants of Cafc, Solly and Sarr, looking like they are both heading to pastures new, and Phillips probably getting a Championship move, who will be our longest serving Player ?

Pearce?
  • Options

Guessing JFC?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Cheers Toddy and SE9.

Just checked: 

Jason Pearce joined CAFC on 4/8/16.

JFC joined on 5/1/17

• Options
    When did Doughty join the academy? Won’t be Morgan as he left the academy and rejoined.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Would like him to stay but would need to take a serious haircut on his supposedly £8kpw wages which could bring in a couple of competent players at L1 level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    se9addick said:
    Even after five years at the club, if someone said to me “is Naby Sarr a Championship player?” I’m honestly not sure what my answer would be. The man is an enigma. 
    The answer is yes.
    It is the Dan's that are the enigma....Every mistake blown up every brilliant tacklepass and touch forgotten...like Francis. 

But Phillips whoopsee and Wembley,  blamed on Naby.
    Both were to blame for that goal at Wembley!!...

- Phillips should have controlled the ball
     - Naby should never have done a back pass in between the goal posts

Watch a defender backpass in most games and they'll stick it either side of the goal so if the 'keeper doesnt reach, or miss control it then the worst case scenario is a corner!!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I thought we won at Wembley.
    We scored an own goal, it was a pretty prominent feature in the match. 
    Which didn't cost us the match, so was not a prominent factor. It doesn't tell us anything at all about Phillips' or Sarr's abilities and couldn't be more inconsequential.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Even after five years at the club, if someone said to me “is Naby Sarr a Championship player?” I’m honestly not sure what my answer would be. The man is an enigma. 
    The answer is yes.
    It is the Dan's that are the enigma....Every mistake blown up every brilliant tacklepass and touch forgotten...like Francis. 

But Phillips whoopsee and Wembley,  blamed on Naby.
    Both were to blame for that goal at Wembley!!...

- Phillips should have controlled the ball
     - Naby should never have done a back pass in between the goal posts

Watch a defender backpass in most games and they'll stick it either side of the goal so if the 'keeper doesnt reach, or miss control it then the worst case scenario is a corner!!
    Absolutely this basic schoolboy stuff for a defender looking to play back to his keeper and you would also try and favour his better foot. However times have changed with keepers now expected to be better with the ball at their feet. Both equally at fault.
  • Options
    And Naby holds the club record for quickest sending off.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    I thought we won at Wembley.
    We scored an own goal, it was a pretty prominent feature in the match. 
    Which didn't cost us the match, so was not a prominent factor. It doesn't tell us anything at all about Phillips' or Sarr's abilities and couldn't be more inconsequential.
    An own goal, in a cup final, at Wembley, after a minute “was not a prominent factor” in the match?

You’ve lost me there Mutts...
    We clearly view the game differently. For me the prominent factors were Purrington and Bauer's goals. At the time I thought it was 75% Phiilips and 25% Sarr. Both made mistakes that COST us games after and so did other players. Not sure considering the outcome why it is something we need to keep going over but hey ho.