Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Naby Sarr signed on 5 year deal*** (Ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options
    A good defender surely would have tracked the flight of the ball ensuring they were ahead at the right moment
    There was a moment in the 1st half when it got lumped out wide with Doughty behind their player, I watched him all the way and darted in front last minute because the ball dropped
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    If I can defend him as usual,
    NO! :-)
  • Options
    Priority signing needs to be a centre half that can play every game alongside Lockyer 
  • Options
    Still a work in progress.

If we had a better budget he'd be still learning his trade as a back-up. 
    As one of our highest earners? As someone said on the match thread, he's being badly found out at this level 
  • Options
    I won’t shed any tears if his contract is not renewed. I’m afraid he hasn’t won me over & I feel is still a liability. I know Leuth is the Sarr fan club & wont agree, but Sarr has made too many mistakes in his years at club & some have been costly
    I want Sarr to do well but unfortunately have to agree with this. 
  • Options
    Too slow at this level. Both in thought and action. 

Nice bloke apparently but not a Championship level player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Major liability - would prefer Pratley in defence
  • Options
    If we want to move forward than only maybe Lockyer is good enough to start. We need at least 3 quality options there. 
  • Options
    I like Sarr as a person he comes across as being a good bloke. 
    But as a footballer league one is his standard. 
    That's why he looked quality last season and pony this.
  • Options
    His passing was alright though. He found a player nearly every time.
    The only problem was that it was a Sheff W player.
    And don't mention that lovely pass for a throw in, it was only about 10 yards out.
  • Options
    Beckensarr
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    He seems like a brilliant person and he is a high end league 1 centre back but at this level I'm just not sure. Issue is with Sarr we know he is a confidence player so it's sometimes hard to judge. I would be happy for him to stay as I think there is something there but we need a proper partner for Lockyer, BFG would have been ideal 
  • Options
    Sorry..he's a nice bloke and all that etc ..but he's there to stop the opposition scoring goals..and time and time again he let's himself down by lapses in concentration..it's excusable in a youngster but not someone at this level....
  • Options
    We are a small side so the physical presence of a fit and firing Naby is a considerable asset.

Had it been anyone other than Millwall he wouldn't have got half the stick he has.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    We are a small side so the physical presence of a fit and firing Naby is a considerable asset.

Had it been anyone other than Millwall he wouldn't have got half the stick he has.
    Not having that last few games he has been very poor and cost us points.

Believe me I want him to do well but he is not a Championship standard player.
  • Options
    His passing was alright though. He found a player nearly every time.
    The only problem was that it was a Sheff W player.
    And don't mention that lovely pass for a throw in, it was only about 10 yards out.
    Exactly this. You could understand if he's there to help us play out from the back, but he can't even do that at the moment. 1 good pass for every 10 that go astray.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

He's not even that physical though. Quite a soft lump really for his size.
  • Options
    I like Naby as a player, but he has been garbage last few months. Seems to struggle with his concentration - as a defender that can get you caught out.
  • Options

We've got our scapegoat back.

He's a confidence player. Build him up and he'll play better.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Oggy Red said:

We've got our scapegoat back.

He's a confidence player. Build him up and he'll play better.

In the ground no one gives him abuse which is right, but he is pretty shit, how many more mistakes can he make?
  • Options
    Fletcher is a mediocre player who makes his living by scoring headers. The superb cross from Fox was hard to defend by any CH. Apart from a few misplaced but attacking passes, he had a decent game and was our only pivot from defence to midfield. Unless we want Pearce to hoof it forward aimlessly. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Fletcher is a mediocre player who makes his living by scoring headers. The superb cross from Fox was hard to defend by any CH. Apart from a few misplaced but attacking passes, he had a decent game and was our only pivot from defence to midfield. Unless we want Pearce to hoof it forward aimlessly. 
    I'm pretty sure the cross for their first goal was Bannon after Fox passed it to him and Fletcher should not have been allowed an almost free header. You have to keep one eye on the forward and get some sort of challenge on the striker even just to block him without fouling. Nabby tried to get a foot on it! and was slow to react to the ball in IMO. He did better 2nd half,
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I'm pretty sure the cross for their first goal was Bannon after Fox passed it to him and Fletcher should not have been allowed an almost free header. You have to keep one eye on the forward and get some sort of challenge on the striker even just to block him without fouling. Nabby tried to get a foot on it! and was slow to react to the ball in IMO. He did better 2nd half,
    It was Bannon.
  • Options
    The problem for their first in terms of Sarr is that his body shape is all wrong initially which allowed Fletcher to get the run on him and win the header. Had he turn his body slightly out, he would have been able to see Fletcher make the run at the same time as holding his position and knowing when the ball is played into the box. Instead, because his initial shape was all wrong, he was slow to react and didn’t do enough to block Fletcher, put him off, or even get in front of him to win the header.
    Sometimes it’s the small details that really shouldn’t happen at any decent level of football, but do all the time, that cost a team. Unfortunately, with Naby’s confidence low already, his self doubting too much and with that knocks his ability when playing. Whether he gets stick during the game or not, he is struggling himself and I think it’s now more than previous times, we need to show him support.