Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 16 Tickets

After looking at every euro to pounds conversion possible, I finally had the bollocks to submit my final application for ballot tickets. I mean, I know I wont win everything I applied for, but, what the fuck do I do if i win everything I've applied for?

Anyone else done theirs?

Comments

• Sell them on here ? I'm sure AFKA would permit it, as a one off & at face value.
  • Have you got a link to the ballot?

Do you have to have been to a certain amount of England games to qualify?

Doubt it as england havent qualified yet
  • The only team you can bid for is France as they are the only team who have qualified. The rest is a huge tombola...
  • Applied for everything from quarter finals onwards. £2,000 if I get the lot, in which case I'm screwed.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/finals/ticketing/

You just apply for the day/city.
  • Probably sound like an idiot but I guess there's really no way of telling what group England will be in?
  • Probably sound like an idiot but I guess there's really no way of telling what group England will be in?

No.

Applied for e600 worth of tickets in the south of France, don't really care which countries I see play (if I get any tickets at all !) - would be nice if UEFA were a little more specific as to when they were taking the money.
  • Ive applied for 15 games.Will i win any? no of course i wont.
  • se9addick said:

Probably sound like an idiot but I guess there's really no way of telling what group England will be in?

No.

Applied for e600 worth of tickets in the south of France, don't really care which countries I see play (if I get any tickets at all !) - would be nice if UEFA were a little more specific as to when they were taking the money.
    Agreed. Just asked my mate who got Rugby World Cup tickets - he got an email confirming what tickets he'd got and stating the date on which they would be collecting payment. Hopefully it'll be same as that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Submitted my application today, nearly a grand's worth of tickets. Obviously that's a lot of money but chances of getting many if any of those is small.
  • I've applied for all qtrs, both semis and the final, 4 tickets for each match. 1595 euro if I got the lot, although v doubtful.
  • When do the applications close?
  • Yep, gone for every game in Paris apart from the Opener, a R16 and the Quarter-Finals. A total of about €1,000 with 4 tickets for each game, can't complain with that price!
  • When do the applications close?

Either tomorrow or Friday
  • I'll be waiting for the England members sale. Personally I don't see the appeal of spending hundreds of pounds on games I don't give a monkeys about, but each to their own - I hope you get what you're after.
  • edited July 2015
    Even though qualifying is still under way and the match schedule will not be completed until the final draw in December, in the one-month sales window 11,264,142 ticket requests were made through this website.

Ticket requests were received from 209 territories with 41% of those coming from host country France.

The three most popular matches are the final (1.2m requests), the opening match (650,000) and the quarter-final on 3 July (550,000), all of which will be played at the Stade de France.

Demand greatly outstrips supply for matches in all host cities – by a ratio of between 7:1 and 15:1, depending on the city.

A total of 15,964 tickets were requested for disabled spectators while the creation of a category of moderately priced tickets (from €25 for group matches to €85 for the final) has fuelled demand, with 6m requests for this category alone.
    Guess I'm not going.
  • I didn't even realise they were already on sale, until we arrived in Bordeaux on holiday two weeks ago. I now wish I had. It will be a great venue. That said, the owner of the great little pension we stayed in said he was already fully booked for the period around the games there.

i think its good that serious England fans like The Organiser have a chance to get tickets, but for the rest of us, it seems to me there is little chance unless you have some corporate assistance. Apart from the tickets themselves there's the small matter of the hiking of hotel costs.

If anyone does get tickets and wants to sell, I would be interested. I've got a buddy who is very seriously ill and got the idea that a perfect way to celebrate his recovery would be to take him to Euro 2016, since we did Stuttgart 06, and Innsbruck 08 together. Since he is Scottish, it really doesn't matter which teams we would see :-)
  • Even though qualifying is still under way and the match schedule will not be completed until the final draw in December, in the one-month sales window 11,264,142 ticket requests were made through this website.

Ticket requests were received from 209 territories with 41% of those coming from host country France.

The three most popular matches are the final (1.2m requests), the opening match (650,000) and the quarter-final on 3 July (550,000), all of which will be played at the Stade de France.

Demand greatly outstrips supply for matches in all host cities – by a ratio of between 7:1 and 15:1, depending on the city.

A total of 15,964 tickets were requested for disabled spectators while the creation of a category of moderately priced tickets (from €25 for group matches to €85 for the final) has fuelled demand, with 6m requests for this category alone.
    Guess I'm not going.

Odds aren't as bad as I feared tbh. I purposefully didn't do things like the final or semi's or anything as it is a bit of a waste of time. Between me and a mate we have applications worth over £3k, so I'm hoping we at least get a match.
  • The majority of ones I applied for were category 4 though annoyingly when 6m out of 11m ticket applications were in that category. I did 14 games so it would be pretty annoying if I didn't get one.
  • Sponsored links:

• When is it on, not to bothered about the football but planning on going to France again next year.
  • edited July 2015
    I applied for about 2 and a half grands worth too, if I get them all I am completely screwed as well but to be honest chances are we wont get any anyway. I will be going out there whether I get tickets or not along with a big group of mates. Tickets are going to be hard to come by so I would be very happy with getting a ticket to any match and applied for four per game as did most of my friends so wouldn't be going alone if I am successful.

They are just tickets from UEFA, so when Englands games are announced then the FA will be able to sell the allocated England tickets, I'll also be applying for them too, will have about 16 caps by then and still probably stand a slim chance but fingers crossed!
  • When is it on, not to bothered about the football but planning on going to France again next year.

10th june-10th july
  • After looking at every euro to pounds conversion possible, I finally had the bollocks to submit my final application for ballot tickets. I mean, I know I wont win everything I applied for, but, what the fuck do I do if i win everything I've applied for?

Anyone else done theirs?

I was worried about with the Olympic ballot and held back a bit and only ticked a few events.

Ended up with the shooting on Woolwich Common.

• I still think there'll be a lot less England fans travel compared to Germany in 06 and i picked up tickets off touts over there.

That is the great shame - a huge percentage of that 11m will purely be buying to sell on.

And the hotels often show as being sold out (esp after the draw) as they are reserved for big companies/foorball family etc - they usually become available again further down the line.
  • I still think there'll be a lot less England fans travel compared to Germany in 06 and i picked up tickets off touts over there.

That is the great shame - a huge percentage of that 11m will purely be buying to sell on.

And the hotels often show as being sold out (esp after the draw) as they are reserved for big companies/foorball family etc - they usually become available again further down the line.

I was wondering about the unlikely scenario that if I got a lot of tickets through the ballot and then wanted to sell them on I could make a fair bit of money, but then saw on the UEFA website they said all tickets will be personalised. Would that then stop any touts being able to sell on tickets gained from this ballot?

I remember earlier this year when I went to the England game in Turin all tickets were personalised and they wouldn't let you in without your passport.

I was wondering about the unlikely scenario that if I got a lot of tickets through the ballot and then wanted to sell them on I could make a fair bit of money, but then saw on the UEFA website they said all tickets will be personalised. Would that then stop any touts being able to sell on tickets gained from this ballot?

I remember earlier this year when I went to the England game in Turin all tickets were personalised and they wouldn't let you in without your passport.
    In Germany 06 the ticket i brought outside the ground off a scouser had a really long arabic name on it - that was 10 years ago though, so things may have tightened up.
  • I had some money taken out by uefa today
  • Anyone apply on a debit card? Worried it won't go through because of that now.
  • I had some money taken out by uefa today

Have they emailed you to tell you what you got or just taken the cash?