Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Recommend a Podcast

Comments

• Options
    Todays episode of The Offensive. Hurt my stomach laughing at the song. 
  • Options
    My word, you knew it was coming and I was giggling at the other songs but the pay off was joyful for a Monday morning 
  • Options
    Not sure if it's been mentioned before but undrthecosh is a must listen and watch on YouTube. Superb ex footballer hosted podcast
  • Options
    High performance podcast recently recorded with the man of the moment Gareth Southgate.

Fascinating stuff.

• Options
    Chatabix

One of those "so bad it's good" things which seems to have replaced Gossipmongers.
    Joe Wilkinson (8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, After Life etc.) & David Earl (AKA Brian Gittins, frequent affiliate of Gervais) waffle for 25mins per episode, generally bemoaning their own ineptitude.
    Sometimes the sound quality is rather shoddy, which they acknowledge, but it's a gentle and often amusing way to start your day.

https://play.acast.com/s/chatabix
  • Options
    I'd like to thank whoever it was on here who recommended "The Offensive". I'm about halfway through series 2, and and it's absolute gold. My favourite moment so far was when thy were going to announce Jon Obi Mikkel, but he didn't turn up so Nolan, with a load of razzmatazz and being raised up through a podium to fireworks and music, had to announce some non alcoholic drinks offer ("but not coffees").
  • Options
    The offensive is the absolute gold standard of podcasts 

Can't wait to call Nolan a fat c*#t tomorrow morning and hear what mack the knife has cooked up 
  • Options
    Ashwood City are back as The Offensive returns for season 4 tomorrow.
    It wasn't big or clever, but this week's cracked me up.
  • Options
    Nearly up to date on the offensive, and just catching the new series of curious cases of Rutherford and Fry. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kermode & Mayo's film review
    Fortunately with Fi & Jane
    Tailenders
    No Balls
    The Lazarus Heist
    The Missing Cryptoqueen
    Tunnel 29 part of BBC's Intrigue thread
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Out to lunch with jay rayner has some good guests. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    The offensive is the absolute gold standard of podcasts 

Can't wait to call Nolan a fat c*#t tomorrow morning and hear what mack the knife has cooked up 
    They are doing a mock crime story called Jackie the ripper…it’s good fun.  Strange hearing the same voices play different characters 
  • Options
    Jackie the ripper was class, Joel and Adam hit my funny bone a lot 

Todays offensive had me doubled up with laughter, I knew something like that was going to happen from the first 5 minutes and they delivered spectacularly. The Offensive is what I class as gold standard podcasting 
  • Options
    Last weeks behind the scenes chat about the offensive and how it all comes together was good too.
  • Options
    Does anyone subscribe to the offensive on Patreon? Not overly tempted, but some of the extras might be good fun
  • Options
    Is Jackie the Ripper a one-off or a series?
  • Options
    Is Jackie the Ripper a one-off or a series?
    5 part series. All available now. 
    Really struggled at first as I could only hear the detective as Nolan but it’s surprising how quick you get used to it. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Does anyone subscribe to the offensive on Patreon? Not overly tempted, but some of the extras might be good fun
    I do, its worth it as well the engagement the makers have is warming. You get access to a lot of the making of type stuff and if its your thing discounts in the club shop as well

Also the philanthropic side of me wants to support people making genuinely excellent stuff like the offensive 
  • Options
    Remembrance Day offensive 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fatrick Nolan trying to make a sale to Charlton in today’s Offensive.
  • Options
    Not seen it mentioned here, but Sweet Bobby was a mental listen recently. Properly blew my mind.
  • Options
    I was hoping he would call Keohane a pug faced nutbag but Noncelan let me down 

• Options
    David Earl and Joe Wilkinson - My New Football Club
  • Options
    Shows how far the club has come - under ESI we'd have bought it for $300k and Southall would've had it installed in his office.
  • Options
    current favourite podcast - The Fall of Civilizations 
  • Options
    David Earl and Joe Wilkinson - My New Football Club

Jayden Stockley is the guest on the latest one. Not listened yet, will probably catch while out for a ride on Sunday.
  • Options
    Gutted to hear that the 5th season of “The Offensive” will be the last. 

Starts Monday the 8th of August. 
  • Options
    A few on my rotation:

The Rest is Politics - Alastair Campbell & Rory Stewart. Good, objective discussions on politics, not just the UK and they’ve had some very good guests on recently too.

The Price of Football - Kevin Maguire and Kevin Day - football finances pod and the Charlton Dossier gets an almost weekly shoutout.

Around the NFL - if you like NFL it’s the best out there. Not too serious and just a great group of people hosting it. Sadly Wess died last year.

Tortoise, Slow News - in-depth stories from around the world. I recommend at least listening to the Rwanda one.

Londongrad - Investigative look at Boris and his pals from the Kremlin.  
  • Options
    Anyone listen to The Teacher's Pet podcast?

He's been found guilty of her murder!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11156429/Chris-Dawson-verdict-Teachers-Pet-trial-Lynette-murder.html