Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Recommend a Podcast

Comments

• Options
    Down the hill - The Delphi murders

I've listened to a few american true crime
    Podcasts over the years and always found them a bit Meh, but this is excellent.

Plenty of input from those involved and some excellent journalism to boot.
    I'm only 4 in but can't stop listening.
    There is one called Scene Of The Crime which is 8 parts about the Delphi Murders, I thought it was well done, The Murder Squad is a decent true crime one.
  • Options
    Heavy Pencil. Even if it's not your bag check out S2 E3!
  • Options
    If you like alternative music, Stereo Underground from the BBC is consistently excellent.
    As an example some of the playlist from the last podcast.

The Clash, The Killers, Feeder, Joe Jackson, The Beat, The Vapors, The Toy Dolls, Associates, Inspiral Carpets, Pulp, Microdisney, Elastica 

• Options
    For any fans of Scrubs, Zach Braff and Donald Faison are watching each episode from to the beginning and then talking about their memories of the show etc and they also get all the former cast members and show creater involved. It's called Fake Doctors, Real Friends.
  • Options
    For any fans of Scrubs, Zach Braff and Donald Faison are watching each episode from to the beginning and then talking about their memories of the show etc and they also get all the former cast members and show creater involved. It's called Fake Doctors, Real Friends.
    Totally agree. Am really enjoying this. 
  • Options
    For fans of The Offensive, Curbs 33/1....

• Options
    Bring back Rod Meadows anyone other than that namby Dan Watson being bullied by Jess 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Down the hill - The Delphi murders

I've listened to a few american true crime
    Podcasts over the years and always found them a bit Meh, but this is excellent.

Plenty of input from those involved and some excellent journalism to boot.
    I'm only 4 in but can't stop listening.
    There is one called Scene Of The Crime which is 8 parts about the Delphi Murders, I thought it was well done, The Murder Squad is a decent true crime one.
     I'm listening to all of these now.

This case is taking over my life!

I'm surprised Netflix haven't picked this story up. It's fascinating!
    For those that haven't heard of them, the Delphi murders were the murder of two young schoolgirls who had just crossed a disused railway bridge along the Delphi trails. 
    They were approached by their attacker on the bridge in the middle of a Monday afternoon. The amazing thing is, police have video footage of the approach and Audio recordings. He remains at large.
  • Options
    BBC's '13 minutes to the moon' podcast is brilliant, for anyone with an interest in space travel and/or history. Season 1 is about Apollo 11 and the moon landings, and season 2 (of which part 1 is currently out, part 2 to come) is on the Apollo 13 mission.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w13xttx2

Also just about to start on ITV's 'Euro 96 revisited' podcast...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-itv-sport-euro-96-relived-podcast/id1511897829
  • Options
    BBC's '13 minutes to the moon' podcast is brilliant, for anyone with an interest in space travel and/or history. Season 1 is about Apollo 11 and the moon landings, and season 2 (of which part 1 is currently out, part 2 to come) is on the Apollo 13 mission.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w13xttx2

Lot of good stuff on BBC Sounds.  Download the app  it'll be worth it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been listening to the eight part series "Maniac" on the True crime enthusiast podcast this week. It's all about the Green chain rapist, Rachel Nickell case. Really interesting as most of it happened around Plumstead and Eltham.

Excellent podcast .
  • Options
    Gossipmongers series 4
    The Offensive season 3

both out/start today 
  • Options
    Gossipmongers series 4
    The Offensive season 3

both out/start today 
    Awesome news, cheers.

Weird Poppy has disappeared without explanation, there may have been a falling out there!
  • Options
    Out of our League - BBC Sounds - about what happened to Bury and what fans are now doing. I feature with a Roland rant in Ep 2 and there may be more CAFC as it goes along.
  • Options
    Gossipmongers series 4
    The Offensive season 3

both out/start today 
    Awesome news, cheers.

Weird Poppy has disappeared without explanation, there may have been a falling out there!
    She is doing her own Podcast now. Poppy Hillsted has entered the chat.

She spent a year on online chatrooms and reenacts some of the conversations on each episode.

If I say that episode one was about fantasy role play and involved a goblin girl in magic underwear then you will kind of get the picture!

They are quite short but pretty funny.
  • Options

Such a shame - I think it worked well with the three of them, and if it's true the way it was handled, it's a pretty shitty way of letting her know too.
  • Options
    Although not a podcast as such, Alan Partridge's from the Oast house is very good. It's released as an audio book but each chapter is a different podcast. I think they slight missed a trick with  the format but it's still very entertaining
  • Options
    Been said before, but The Offensive and Deserter Pubcast are both excellent. I also love Outside Write, for my fix of world football. 
  • Options
    Completey agree about the offensive excellent podcast again today some genuine laugh out loud bits 

#Nolanout
  • Options
    don't know if it was the change in dynamic with Poppy gone or the standard of the stories but I didn't really enjoy the new gossipmongers. hopefully that'll change with later episodes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rina said:
    don't know if it was the change in dynamic with Poppy gone or the standard of the stories but I didn't really enjoy the new gossipmongers. hopefully that'll change with later episodes
    I subscribe via Patreon so have heard 5 episodes of series 4 and the 1st episode of the Talent Agency.

Gossipmongers blows a bit hot and cold. There are a couple of very funny episodes. I do agree that the dynamic isn't as good without Poppy.

The Talent Agency has potential. The first episode was a bit hit and miss, but it does have potential.
  • Options
    I've just started listening to Budpod with Phil Wang & Pierre Novielle - might be my new favourite. Gossipmongers made a huge mistake getting rid of poppy, and they did it in such a shitty way too!

Poppy now has her own Podcast - Poppy Hillstead has entered the chat - its bloody hilarious and well worth a listen to any GM fans
  • Options
    'Off the hook' with Jimmy Bullard is very good. Takes some old pros angling whilst they while away the time talking about their careers.
    Ex Charlton Leon McKenzie is a guest on one.
  • Options
    For all the Bob Dylan fans on her ‘Is it rolling Bob’ is probably the best of the Dylan pods.
  • Options
    Undr the cosh is a good football one. Jon Parkin, Chris Brown (scored a beauty against us when he was at Preston) and the writer Chris Brown

They have old pros on there and some are brutally funny

I go back to the offensive, truly a work of art that one. #Nolanout #comeonyousuperwhites

Also one i really rate is What most people think, Geoff Norcott does this and as an out right wing comedian who voted leave. Dont be led purely by that though. Geoff Norcott is a funny funny bloke and like a lot of comedians very intelligent. Gets the best put of his guests and slips a lot of cricket, football and star wars analogies in.

• Options
    If there are any other Elvis fans (ok, I’m more than your normal “fan”)
    I can recommend TCBcast as the most factual, Talking Elvis is a UK fan based podcast which is more lighthearted (a friend is involved) and The Jungle Room, again, more lighthearted and sometimes factually incorrect but they do get some good interviews.
  • Options
    In the dark series 2 is excellent.
     Listened to series 1 last week. Halfway through series 2

Both excellent.
  • Options
    Haven’t read through the entire thread, so my apologies, if it’s been mentioned before:

End of Days.

Waco and David Koresh.
    Kin hell. Scary, scary stuff.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I’ve been walking 10k+ a day this year, so munching up the podcasts. 
    The Rabbit Hole, a short series podcast about online radicalisation.
    The Vinyl Guide, for record collectors, but of interest for anyone into classic rock, blues, punk, metal etc etc
    Something About the Beatles for fans of the mop tops.
    The Bunker and Oh God, What Now!?  for those leaning a little to the left.
    And there are some great cycling podcasts. Bradley Wiggins is always worth listening to. 
  • Options
    The Matthew Syed series Sideways is very good, so far.