Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Recommend a Podcast

Comments

• Am enjoying Behind Closed Doors with Gary Lineker and Danny Baker - almost entirely football-oriented with Baker his usual irreverent self and Lineker chipping in with some funny anecdotes about his time as a player and presenter.
  • Anyone else been listening to "The Offensive"?

Its a mockumentary style series following the Premier Leagues only Kent based club Ashwood City FC
    Only short, just one 20 minute episode a week. Started in August so there are about 15 episodes so far.
    I discovered it today and listened to the first one this morning. A couple of proper laugh out loud moments on my drive to work.

Not sure if its any good long term as I've only heard the first one but maybe worth a listen for a football fan.

I started this yesterday and am on episode 5

Rather enjoyable I must say. Radio Stakhanov are doing good things gs lately. Bravo.

Recommended but beware some colourful language “Does Nick Pope shit in the woods?”

• Swisdom said:

Anyone else been listening to "The Offensive"?

Its a mockumentary style series following the Premier Leagues only Kent based club Ashwood City FC
    Only short, just one 20 minute episode a week. Started in August so there are about 15 episodes so far.
    I discovered it today and listened to the first one this morning. A couple of proper laugh out loud moments on my drive to work.

Not sure if its any good long term as I've only heard the first one but maybe worth a listen for a football fan.

I started this yesterday and am on episode 5

Rather enjoyable I must say. Radio Stakhanov are doing good things gs lately. Bravo.

Recommended but beware some colourful language “Does Nick Pope shit in the woods?”

Yeah, episode 2 on the way home and one scene there were more swear words than any other words combined.
    The warning for language at the start of each episode is well deserved :lol:
  • From the HowStuffWorks channel I have binged on Happy Face. The daughter of serial killer Keith Jesperson tells her story of growing up with a dad who murdered eight women while working as a long haul truck driver. As expected a bit grim at times but a thoroughly interesting subject.
  • Clinton Baptiste....hilarious.
  • 4% football, Warhammer Hodgson in fiery form.

ATHLETICO MINCE IS BACK
  • M

4% football, Warhammer Hodgson in fiery form.

ATHLETICO MINCE IS BACK

With Peter Beardsley?
  • With Mark Hughes mistakenly taking on his voice while giving his maiden speach as he's being inducted to the crap managers hall of fame Christmas Otter Dinner.

ATHLETICO MINCE IS BACK

The fishing story in this week's had me in tears.
  • ads said:

The Adam Buxton podcast is pretty funny, he gets some pretty good guests on most weeks

another vote for this. Some good interviews with people he considers friends (edgar wright, simon pegg, joe cornish etc) as well as some higher profile names like Paul thomas anderson and bill burr.
  • Sponsored links:

ATHLETICO MINCE IS BACK

The fishing story in this week's had me in tears.
    I think you mean the one before last.
    Love the South Africans...
  • edited December 2018
    My favourite these days is a golf one: https://nolayingup.com/category/podcasts/

No Laying Up are golf nerds & semi-journalists who take a more humorous, self-deprecating look at the game. They’ve had some very big names on there and they usually ask & answer some silly questions (eg Mickelson took offense when asked about his leather jackets). The McIlroy ones are a favourite, he seems a really interesting, talkative guy away from cameras. You do get some cool insight into people who are usually sheltered or aloof.
  • Quite enjoyed this from the huge selection on BBC World Service Outlook.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06r8dw8

... or you choose https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02s5rx7/episodes/downloads?page=3
  • End of Days from BBC radio 5 live, 8 part about the Waco cult/siege 1993
  • Those Conspiracy Guys.

Some of the shows are 5-6 hours long, great for travelling. I'm not personally in to the true crime stuff as much but the detailed research and information on a number of other topics will change the way you previously saw the world! A treasure trove of over 600 hours of stuff.
  • DA9 said:

End of Days from BBC radio 5 live, 8 part about the Waco cult/siege 1993

I’ve just finished this, really enjoyed it (although some of it was pretty grim listening). I had no idea that some many of those involved were Brits.
  • edited January 2019
    Following a slightly iffy 73rd episode, Athletico mince is back with a blinder especially the meat lovers segment.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AthleticoMince/status/1083735198641152000?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet
  • Ferryman said:

Those Conspiracy Guys.

Some of the shows are 5-6 hours long, great for travelling. I'm not personally in to the true crime stuff as much but the detailed research and information on a number of other topics will change the way you previously saw the world! A treasure trove of over 600 hours of stuff.

The Madeleine McCann podcast is a real eye opener
  • https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/this-football-life/id1330652912?mt=2&i=1000424669162

Lennie Lawrence interview, good stuff, apparently still lives in Orpington
  • Quite enjoyed this from the huge selection on BBC World Service Outlook.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06r8dw8

... or you choose https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02s5rx7/episodes/downloads?page=3

The Beeb has literally hundreds of great podcasts/iPlayer items to choose from .. Right now I am going for 'The Hurricane Tapes' .. Rubin Carter's story
  • Sponsored links:

• Another vote for The Hurricane Tapes very good so far.
  • I've been listening to the Offensive today, it's had me in stitches

It's like the thick of it but with football as the backdrop. The sporting director and the communications manager have nearly made me cry with laughter with their idea to sweep the biting incident under the carpet
  • Started Serial last week, really interesting! One for any real crime buffs (like me).
  • A new one to me in the last week or so - Boot Room to Boardroom with Danny Kelly and our old friend Simon Jordan.

Probably based on many of the same anecdotes that Mr Jordan has been dining out on for a number of years, but still can't help feeling now that he does talk quite a lot of sense.

• edited May 2019
    We're not playing snooker, Ian Wright and Andy Goldstein. 
  • The season finale of the offensive came out this week. I'm so glad someone recommended this to me, every episode has at least one laugh out loud moment 

• Carter said:
    The season finale of the offensive came out this week. I'm so glad someone recommended this to me, every episode has at least one laugh out loud moment 

Felt the last few weeks it stepped up a level too. 
  • Carter said:
    The season finale of the offensive came out this week. I'm so glad someone recommended this to me, every episode has at least one laugh out loud moment 

Felt the last few weeks it stepped up a level too. 
    Yeah massively, although every time I think an episode is a bit soft something like Rod Meadows being interviewed pops up, or Patrick Nolan being verbally abused on a train PA system or perfectly in person like the last one. 

• A new one to me in the last week or so - Boot Room to Boardroom with Danny Kelly and our old friend Simon Jordan.

Probably based on many of the same anecdotes that Mr Jordan has been dining out on for a number of years, but still can't help feeling now that he does talk quite a lot of sense.

He really does. Straight talker.  
  • West Cork

Been out a while but will be in the headlines again as the main suspect goes on trial in his absence in France at the end of May. 
    The victims parents are due over for a memorial & you can bet your bottom dollar yer man will rock up at the church. 
    Wether you believe he did it or not. The mans a fecking narcissistic eejit!