Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Recommend a Podcast

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Football Ramble is number one it is fantastic. Probably worth youtubing the best of 2013 and 2014 as it has just finished.

Around the Nfl and the starters are good if you have interest in nfl/nba respectively.

If historic ones count then obviously the Ricky Gervais ones are the godfather
  • Football Ramble (glad a few have mentioned that one - would love to see one of the live shows).
    Answer Me This (if you enjoy it, there are about 200 old episodes you can listen to)
    The Adam & Joe XFM podcast (from around 2006 - probably not to everyone's tastes, but I found them hilarious)
  • Radio 4 comedy weekly
    No such thing as a fish
    Private eye
    Richard herring live from Leicester Square
  • Radio 4 News Quiz and the Archers Omnibus
  • Serial - This American life
    We are going up - football chat mainly from the Championship
    Guardian Football Weekly
    Kermode and Mayo's Film Review
    Guardian Film Review
    BBC History Extra
    World Service Documentaries
    William Hill Football & Boxing podcasts
    Five Live's World Football Phone in.
    James O'Brian's Mystery Hour - LBC
  • Guardian Football Weekly
    Football Ramble
    The Angelos and Barry Show
    Gilles Peterson Worldwide
    Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast
    The Switch Hit Cricket Show
    The TMS Podcasts as well...
  • We Are Going Up is really good too. Very knowledgeable about the Football League. Richard Cawley has been on there a few times to talk about Charlton recently.
  • rina said:

Hardcore history. I've just finished learning all about genghis khan. Dan Carlin has an amazing way of getting you immersed in history

Cheers for this reccomendation - just finished the full Wrath of the Khan series, brilliant.
  • DJ Dave Aura
    Defected in the house
  • cafctom said:

The Football Ramble - 4 blokes chatting about what's happened in the game in the last week whilst having a laugh.

I haven't missed an episode in 5 years.

I don't think its as good as it was do you?

Some

Serial - This American life
    Guardian Football Weekly
    Guardian Film Review
    BBC History Extra

Beds

Have you listened to 'How did this get made'?
    If you haven't, have a go, reckon itll be up your street

• Sponsored links:

• The Bugle
  • cafctom said:

The Football Ramble - 4 blokes chatting about what's happened in the game in the last week whilst having a laugh.

I haven't missed an episode in 5 years.

I don't think its as good as it was do you?

Some

Serial - This American life
    Guardian Football Weekly
    Guardian Film Review
    BBC History Extra

Beds

Have you listened to 'How did this get made'?
    If you haven't, have a go, reckon itll be up your street

No i haven't , I will download it . cheers.

• No i haven't , I will download it . cheers.

Obviously pick and choose episodes of films you've seen, started listening a few years back and seems to have become pretty popular.

• The following football podcasts are all very good:

The Times Football Podcast - Gab Marcotti and the Times football reporters
    The Guardian Football Weekly & Weekly Extra - James Richardson
    The Press Pass (Talksport) - Ray Stubbs with various journos.
    The Non League Football Show (5 Live)
    The Sunday Supplement (Sky) - Football Journos
  • The two mikes on talksport is brilliant
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Danny Baker. Mark Kermode. Richard Herring (for the guests more than him. He's likeable but not particularly witty). Also, TED Talks offer a lot of variety.

RHLSCP! Richard Herring is probably the most prolific podcaster out there. He can be a bit hit and miss but his Leicester and Edinburgh podcasts where he interviews another comedy or celebrity are usually very good. Some of his stand-up is not bad either but that's not really go anything to do with podcasts.

Yeah like I say, he's likeable and his podcasts/ guests are great, but more often than not his jokes don't even get a laugh from his own crowd!
  • The fantastic Butterfly Effect by the marvelous Jon Ronson is now available on iTunes. Well worth a listen.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-butterfly-effect-with-jon-ronson/id1258779354?mt=2
  • The Wade Keller Pro Wrestling podcast.

No one summarizes professional wrestling better than Wade Keller.
  • edited November 2017
    Athletico Mince, worth listening to just for Bob Mortimer's stories and songs. The man is a comedy legend.
  • Bill Burrs Monday morning and Thursday afternoon podcasts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Whilst Charlton Live is listened to by many on here, I thought it was worthwhile to mention @LouisMend 's interview with Jon Fortune which is a bloody good listen.

-> http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/2017/09/09/charlton-live-meets-jon-fortune/
  • Ricky gervais, deadly sirious
  • Flintoff Savage and the ping pong guy Radio 5 is a great listen just won a podcast of the year award
  • Tell em steve Dave - three funny New Jersey friends chew the cud. Need to listen from the start as there is a lot of references to past episodes. Not always pc but always entertaining although the first 6 months or so they are finding their feet. They all have very interesting personal developments over the years - no spoilers here
  • Star Talk with Niel De Grasse Tyson.
    Stuff You Should Know.
  • Fantasy Football Noise is a decent listen
  • The Naked Scientists - If you want an idea of what's happening in the Science realm that is easily-digestible.
  • Welcome to Night Vale - comedy/ horror
    Alice isn’t Dead quirky horror
    Clarke’s world magazine- sci fi
    Pod castle sci fi / fantasy
    Escape Pod - sci fi
  • Reasons to be Cheerful - Ed Milliband and Geoff Lloyd, its really good, surprisingly so from Ed
    99% Invisible
    The New Statesman Podcast
    The Totally Football Show
  • 1StevieG said:

Star Talk with Niel De Grasse Tyson.
    Stuff You Should Know.

Stuff You Should Know is very good. Had it on my phone for ages before pressing play, now I am a bit sad that I have caught up! Feel like I should probably have learned more than I have though.