Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Recommend a Podcast

Comments

• Options
    Reply All
    Hurricane Tapes
    The Totally Football League Show
    Paradise
    Kermode & Mayo's Film Review
    The Untold
  • Options
    Dr Death.
  • Options
    Hens in the morning. A gentle 20 mins or so with a bloke who looks after 4 hens. He’s doing the podcast as some sort of art. 
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    Reply All
    Hurricane Tapes
    The Totally Football League Show
    Paradise
    Kermode & Mayo's Film Review
    The Untold
    The Totally Football League Show is my favorite! They also do one for Scottish football, the Premier League, and the Italian Leagues 
  • Options
    Just started the Offensive, very funny, woodie the director of football is very Malcolm tucker, enjoying boot room to boardroom as well, Jordan really does speak sense (going away to cry in a corner now)
  • Options
    Interview with Lyle Taylor on the latest BBC Football Daily. 
  • Options
    Am I the only one listening to Clinton Baptiste's Paranormal Podcast? Cracks me up every week.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Mentioned it a few times, The Offensive 2nd season started today.

Worth a binge of the first season.
    episodes only 20-25 minutes so worth a try if you’re not sure. after 2 or 3 episodes you’ll either get rid if it’s just not your humour or you’ll smash through the rest.
  • Options
    Not football but I am enjoying folk on foot 
  • Options

episodes only 20-25 minutes so worth a try if you’re not sure. after 2 or 3 episodes you’ll either get rid if it’s just not your humour or you’ll smash through the rest.
    I'm so glad this is back, I've been pining for Woody and that wanker Nolan 

Gutted Rod Meadows has gone I appreciated his possession based safety first approach. Not only that, he was absolutely hilarious 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chat Schmit get banged 
  • Options
    Carter said:

Chat Schmit get banged 
    Brilliant. And how good was Woody singing his footballer version of end of the world?
  • Options
    Carter said:

Chat Schmit get banged 
    Brilliant. And how good was Woody singing his footballer version of end of the world?
    That was funny, had me laughing almost as much as the noncelan graffiti and that wanker Nolan phoning OFCOM up in the middle of the night to complain about Gary Lineker 
  • Options
    Do the Right Thing is pretty good. 
  • Options
    Does anyone else listen to Gossipmongers?

one of the most random podcasts I’ve ever heard.
    basically a load of drivel but I can’t get enough of it.

Hosted by Joe Wilkinson, David Earl & Poppy Hillstead they read out local gossip sent in by listeners.

you know growing up and everyone talked about the man who lived in the corner house who only invited life sized dolls for lunch. That sort of bullshit which as a kid you took as gospel and the story got more and more exaggerated with every retelling.

a couple of the story’s they told still haunt me to this day.

anyway the 2nd series starts today and seeing the download on my app prompted me to ask if anyone else listens?
  • Options
    Tunnel 29 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07r39cw

The story of a tunnel between East and West Berlin in the 1960s. I'm up to episode 5. It's a fascinating insight into the lengths people would go to to escape the GDR and a very timely reminder of the importance of freedom of movement.
  • Options
    Listened to all of The Offensive over a couple of months - absolutely superb.

Best ones were the Christmas special (Jackson Marley and Bah, Hamburg) and the one in Rome with Nessun Dorma complete with police sirens etc, had me in stitches.

Woody is brilliant. 
  • Options
    Todays episode of The Offensive is an absolute triumph 

Some brilliant lines from Woody as usual but just try counting the Die Hard references throughout the 30 minutes.

Brilliant 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I'd not got a problem with Patrick Nolan until this week, calling us a shit club and lumping us in with Millwall....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd not got a problem with Patrick Nolan until this week, calling us a shit club and limping us in with Millwall....
    The start of today’s episode, with the press outside his house had me laughing out loud. 
  • Options
    Talking Politics 
    The Bunker 
    Exponential View with Azeen Azhar 
    Inside Briefing 
    Politics: Where Next? 
  • Options
    I'd not got a problem with Patrick Nolan until this week, calling us a shit club and limping us in with Millwall....
    The start of today’s episode, with the press outside his house had me laughing out loud. 
    The opening bits before the credits are normally so good.  The one where the fan on the phone-in gets pulled over for drink driving then argues with the policeman about Ashwood's change in formation or whatever sticks in my mind.

Oh and the one where the stripper starts sticking up for the club as she's an 'Ashwood girl'.
  • Options
    Oz katerji’s Corbynism: the post mortem is fantastic for politicos. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Hotboxin’ with Mike Tyson is a great podcast, he opens up a lot, definitely not just for boxing fans. Had some great guests on there too. 
  • Options
    @stackitsteve just discovered gossipmongers, was crying at the man married to the Christmas tree and the man with the doll with the face of the Scottish widow
  • Options
    jams said:
    @stackitsteve just discovered gossipmongers, was crying at the man married to the Christmas tree and the man with the doll with the face of the Scottish widow
    Extra head in a carrier bag marked “spare”. Brilliant

half of Charlton Life have discovered it recently too, make sure you check out this thread.
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/88307/gossipmongers/p1
  • Options
    The Sunday Times has listed our podcast (Deserter Pubcast) as one of the best to listen to in the lockdown. The article is behind a paywell so you might have to take my word for it: 
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-lockdown-50-best-podcasts-to-listen-to-l886rr5lm

Am pretty amazed by that tbh.

https://soundcloud.com/deserterpodcast

• Options
    Down the hill - The Delphi murders

I've listened to a few american true crime
    Podcasts over the years and always found them a bit Meh, but this is excellent.

Plenty of input from those involved and some excellent journalism to boot.
    I'm only 4 in but can't stop listening.
  • Options
    for any Rik Mayall/Bottom fans, I’ve stumbled upon Talking Bottom, it’s a few years old and only listened to 2, sound is pretty awful so hoping it gets better