Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Valley screen with live match feed and goal replays

Comments

• The live feed may not be distracting in the East as you have to go out of your way a bit to turn your neck.

For me sitting in block A of the West yesterday it was always in my eyeline which was a bit distracting - I assume it will be the same in the Covered End.

Replays were excellent though, great addition.
  • Didn't like the song that accompanied "This is the Valley " video.
    I actually liked the replays.

I liked the song. Anyone know what it was called?

Agreed the replays looked good.
  • Any chance of someone taking advantage of this for us long distance fans and periscoping the screen during games ?
  • There is no way they will stream games online . Firstly I don't think legally they can and more importantly it will stop people going to the games.

Who cares about legal, I want to watch Charlton!!!
  • In the East, so not an eyeline distraction, as for any replays, well the rhythm of events is usually something happens, you react, you exchange with your companion's your reactions, and then you might look for a replay. Every time I craned looking for a replay it was too late.
  • If were having a moan about colours, the away dugout is now blue, and the bench staff all wearing flourscent yellow, to clash with sub bibs and stewards...
  • Wouldn't it be amazing if they could link it up so we can watch the match live on our phones or tablets then no one would have to look at the pitch at at all.

It's pointless is all
  • I think it was a great addition. A couple of times when the ball was in the corner flag I couldn't really see what was going on so I looked at the screen instead. I don't see how it can be distracting, it's still the same game...

It's also great news that the replays and stuff are being managed by students, brilliant that we're giving something to the students at greenwich as it's great experience for them.
  • edited July 2015
    Really impressed with it yesterday and even more so now I know that it was the UoG students operating it. Great experience for them and a brilliant way of using the relationship with the Uni to work for both sides.

Cracking display, very vivid and the replays were immediate. My only (very small) gripe (as I had the line ups on my phone) was that I thought the score line at the top was a bit too big.
  • Sponsored links:

• Glad Dave hasn't been replaced. Mic sound didn't work well. Not using squad numbers made it very hard to spot the players even if you had a programme. Screen is good.
  • Can someone add a cable and bring it to China, id love to see the games. =)

I'm not very IT savvy but if I stick a dongle in the back will that work?
    I hope you didn't use that line on the female students :smile:

• Bit odd that people are complaining about muffled audio. It was so loud and clear in C block of the East Stand that we thought that the speakers had been replaced.
  • I would have prefered to have the list of players and their numbers up on the screen on Saturday, would have made identifying the players on both teams easier.
  • Missed not having the team line up, I often like to have a quick look during the game.

Like others have said would much prefer the line ups and then just replays.
  • kimbo said:

Didn't like the live action, was too small and I was there..... What I need to know is the lineup, who is booked etc, basically as it used to be, cannot see the point of it. The screen seemed smaller due to the adverts.
    Have to whinge about something, football was good

Completely agree wit this, really disliked not having the players and cards up on the screen.
  • Going to honest and say I hate it.

Live feeds are great if it's a Premier League match with 20 cameras, but not that. Also the graphics look so so, miss the team sheets, and no scores at half/full time.

What's the point of the rolling advert at the bottom?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2015
    At the West Ham game the PA was deafening in the East stand , today you could barely hear it and i agree with the other comments. Keep the lineups on the screen for what possible reason would anyone wan't to watch the game live ( on a reduced screen) when it's already in front of us on the pitch.
  • Tannoy no good in NWQ either.
  • Agree with all of the above from today. Doesn't strike me as an improvement, apart from image quality. I don't need to see the game l'm already watching. I do want to know who l'm watching though.
  • Missed the real beer stand in the East Stand.Has it gone for good?
  • Agree with most above.
    Teams/yellow cards etc with just the replays would be spot on IMO.
  • I am not a great fan of live feed of the game, but my 11yr old son loved it as sitting/standing in the NU he actually got to see all of the game as if he couldn't see the game he just watched the screen.
  • Great picture - I'd p

Agree with most above.
    Teams/yellow cards etc with just the replays would be spot on IMO.

Yes please.