Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Valley screen with live match feed and goal replays

Comments

• No red red Robin played either.

Yes there was!
    Either I'm going deaf or the PA didn't work in the east then.

Then again I could hardly hear the announcements either.

Regardless glad to hear that it was played.

Where I was sitting in the East stand the music was painfully loud when playing something that accompanied something on the big screen (which I couldn't see). But I didn't hear the red red robin or announcements after that. Maybe I was deafened by the initial blast.
  • seth plum said:

Today I really missed not having the team line ups to look at. Can't that be added somewhere?
    The big clock on the screen? Does it have to be that size?

I missed the team line ups too. Am guessing it's to make you buy a programme?
    The programme doesn't give you the team line ups either.
    I'm sure most people can get the lineups on their phone now.
    Don't you write them next to the squad lists on the back?

• No red red Robin played either.

Yes there was!
    Either I'm going deaf or the PA didn't work in the east then.

Then again I could hardly hear the announcements either.

Regardless glad to hear that it was played.

Where I was sitting in the East stand the music was painfully loud when playing something that accompanied something on the big screen (which I couldn't see). But I didn't hear the red red robin or announcements after that. Maybe I was deafened by the initial blast.
    Adsolutely agree with this. The sound was all over the place in the east, and RRR was non existent.
    The bloke with the clipboard was inaudible too, but it might have been his too fast speaking style, and his diction, needs to work on that a bit.
  • are you all saying that the match is displayed live on the screen during the actual play on the pitch ? .. if so, that is ridiculous
  • are you all saying that the match is displayed live on the screen during the actual play on the pitch ? .. if so, that is ridiculous

Yes it is. ( displayed that is)
  • edited July 2015
    Quality wise a big improvement, and the replays are great. A shame that with the advertising banner at the bottom it makes it a smaller screen than the old one though.

Also the picture appears to be broadcast at around a 4:3 ratio with the bottom cut off so we're actually missing the bottom 20% of the picture. If it was being shot in wide screen that would be better so you'd get the whole picture and the advert would sit underneath it without cutting anything off.

Also, and I'm being picky, but I wish the "replay" and "live" transitions were in red rather than blue. Seemed odd having the colour scheme of our rivals used prominently and repeatedly throughout the match. If someone could re-render them out before QPR that would be great, cheers ;)
  • Not sure what the reason behind showing the live feed is, seems to distract rather than add, wd be nice to get a second one in the southwest somehow to stop us straining our necks in the East (but not with a live feed thanks)
  • Sponsored links:

• Quality wise a big improvement, and the replays are great. A shame that with the advertising banner at the bottom it makes it a smaller screen than the old one though.

Also the picture appears to be broadcast at around a 4:3 ratio with the bottom cut off so we're actually missing the bottom 20% of the picture. If it was being shot in wide screen that would be better so you'd get the whole picture and the advert would sit underneath it without cutting anything off.

Also, and I'm being picky, but I wish the "replay" and "live" transitions were in red rather than blue. Seemed odd having the colour scheme of our rivals used prominently and repeatedly throughout the match. If someone could re-render them out before QPR that would be great, cheers ;)

Our entire video system went down on Friday so our Charlton made graphics went down so we used default ones - these will be made red

Also the screen isn't smaller - if you remember the old one it had Breamteams advert board at the bottom last season - this is now the pixels which make up the advert ticker

The screen is now 16x9 ratio as well but I will check the cutting off issue
    Nice, cheers
  • Thought the new screen was an improvement on last year - apart from the lack of lineups already mentioned. The programme notes mention that there will be less chance of the dreaded black spots on the screen that appeared often last year.
  • What won't be able to be shown at a league game that was shown today on the live feed? Specifically..
  • Portch said:

What won't be able to be shown at a league game that was shown today on the live feed? Specifically..

They're not allowed to show contentious issues are they? So probably fouls which lead to sending offs and chances were it is not clear whether the ball has crossed the line.
  • The camera operators did a good job - it's much harder than it looks. I thought I saw a flash of a team line-up caption when Chis Solly's face appeared as the keeper was announced - perhaps the graphics were in the wrong order and so whoever was operating it cut back to the live picture? Personally I would prefer team line-ups in there all the time and maybe highlights at half time and replays of (our) goals rather than a constant live feed. And it seems to have been the case that the RRR is much quieter than everything else and so it would be helpful if someone could re-record RRR at a higher level (which will be easier than messing with levels in the control room with other things going on). If the time and score is to stay on the screen then slap a grey background around the numbers. And is it really 16:9? It looked a little 'wider' than that which means that when externally produced stuff is shown the top or bottom will be missed off. Maybe it is though.
  • I think it is great to be able to watch a replay of a goal or an opportunity. The ideal is the teams being shown then going to the action when a replay is needed. I presume this will be the final set up so all good.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's the only way we'll be on tv more than once this season
  • I don't see how the live feed is distracting. It's not massively in your face. As said about get the line ups on there and it's perfect
  • agim said:

I don't see how the live feed is distracting. It's not massively in your face. As said about get the line ups on there and it's perfect

Agree.

Was interesting to see the replays, the only issue being that as I sit almost under the TV gantry I don't get a different angle. : - )

Line ups and subs would be ideal
  • Can someone add a cable and bring it to China, id love to see the games. =)
  • edited July 2015
  • It's only there so the miserable bstds can moan about something mate won't work by start of season it will be disconnected when some one sends an angry email to Katrien
  • Can someone add a cable and bring it to China, id love to see the games. =)

I'm not very IT savvy but if I stick a dongle in the back will that work?
  • Will these live streams be available via cafc player? Or are there liscencing problems that come with that?