Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Valley screen with live match feed and goal replays

Comments

• More importantly .... No Feeeeeesssshhhhhh!

;-)
  • Perhaps intersperse the lineups scrolling along the bottom in between each ad, a compromise.

Also perhaps more closeups of the players to differentiate the coverage from the real thing?
  • I sat in the north end of the East Stand last night and the screen was unreadable apart from the score and the clock. The players names on the line up were far too small - unlike last year. The game coverage again was too small as of course were the replays.

Of course the adverts could be read - but a waste of time for me as I am not prepared to pay for the clubs overpriced catering attempts
  • PL54 said:

I glanced to the screen, out of habit, a few times to check players, yellow cards etc.

Realised, we no longer had this very handy information and never looked at it again.

Surely, you would only want to watch the match on a screen, if you couldn't see the pitch ?

Please put it back as it was and add highlights of important action, that is permitted by all means.

If the CEO is called incompetent, it is said to be not true by some.

However, someone (presumably the CEO) is making a lot of incompetent decisions.

PS You can no longer hear any tannoy announcements in the North Upper.

I can't think of much else that the club can balls up tbh.

I think they've pretty much covered the lot.

Why do people put themselves through so much pain week after week ?
    Mate, I'll always go unlike you.
    So cutting
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

I glanced to the screen, out of habit, a few times to check players, yellow cards etc.

Realised, we no longer had this very handy information and never looked at it again.

Surely, you would only want to watch the match on a screen, if you couldn't see the pitch ?

Please put it back as it was and add highlights of important action, that is permitted by all means.

Owned, as I believe the kids say
    Wanker as I believe the grown ups say
    Pwned as the nerds type.
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

So cutting
    PL54, what was your opinion of he big screen last night ?

In your opinion, was it better, or worse, than last season, from where you were sitting ?
  • cafctom said:

I'm sure I remember the official Twitter saying the players were recording the 'walk up' style footage for when the team is announced. Or have I totally dreamt that?

That is the plan but they haven't all been filmed yet.
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Owned, as I believe the kids say
    Wanker as I believe the grown ups say
    Covered End, seems the troll has got himself wound up.

Careful or the troll will flag you.
  • edited August 2015
    If only someone could produce some kind of leaflet or booklet for each match that told us the names of all the players, which we could mark as playing or sent off/ booked or scoring. Then we wouldnt need to invest in a second screen. We could also include useful news and information. Perhaps we could then seek advertising and sell them at convenient locations around the game before a match and thus earn revenue for the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

There are few other things that would be so easy to fix if the club had the will than this. It tells us exactly where fans stand in the priorities of the club.

Big Screen

And yet the man responsible for the screen 'can identify what the customer wants'
  • I was thinking about this the other day so glad it's been brought up.

if the club want to improve communication then where better to start than by letting us know who's actually playing on the fucking pitch!
  • Simple idea...

Last Season: Teams displayed with the clock... Every so often they'd be replaced with adverts which is understandable.

Going Forward: Adverts down the bottom (as they are currently), replace the Live Feed with the Teams displayed / clock... Whenever there is a major decision that isnt controversial the teams get replaced with a quick highlight of the action.

Everyone wins... The fans should be watching the pitch anyway rather than the big screen to watch the match!!
  • cafc999 said:

Simple idea...

Last Season: Teams displayed with the clock... Every so often they'd be replaced with adverts which is understandable.

Going Forward: Adverts down the bottom (as they are currently), replace the Live Feed with the Teams displayed / clock... Whenever there is a major decision that isnt controversial the teams get replaced with a quick highlight of the action.

Everyone wins... The fans should be watching the pitch anyway rather than the big screen to watch the match!!

So much this but the man that is in charge of the screen (Cahones) has made a balls up of it by purchasing the wrong software and to do what we want would cost more money. Now, he has to hide this from Roland so he say's that nothing is wrong - allegedly
    Why would it cost more money ? They were able to move from moving video to static (the police message) on Saturday.
  • There are plenty of gaps in play to show the teams. Substitutions, injuries, beach balls...

Just as annoying, with the shagged tannoy system, it's impossible to hear substitutions clearly, yet these don't go up on the big screen either.

• cafc999 said:

Simple idea...

So much this but the man that is in charge of the screen (Cahones) has made a balls up of it by purchasing the wrong software and to do what we want would cost more money. Now, he has to hide this from Roland so he say's that nothing is wrong - allegedly
    What Software is needed... I know a man who can get any Software for free ;)

Surely its just a bit of PowerPoint needed to have the teams up?
  • There are plenty of gaps in play to show the teams. Substitutions, injuries, beach balls...

Just as annoying, with the shagged tannoy system, it's impossible to hear substitutions clearly, yet these don't go up on the big screen either.

I've given up working out who the subs are for the opposition... Dont ask me who came on for Middlesbrough thats for sure.
  • se9addick said:

cafc999 said:

Simple idea...

Why would it cost more money ? They were able to move from moving video to static (the police message) on Saturday.
    Apparently, someone didn't purchase the correct software
  • Sponsored links:

• It seems a very expensive way of trying to persuade people to buy a pie and pint meal deal.

Is the cost of the screen a contributory factor as to why the meal deal only actually saves about 10p?
  • What software are they using, do we know?
  • It's the latest Wankware2016 package.
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Features such as the live text, which enables us to generate live content throughout the match and flash up latest scores and other information,

What other information... they only show up the live scores once or twice during the match!!
  • It seems a very expensive way of trying to persuade people to buy a pie and pint meal deal.

Is the cost of the screen a contributory factor as to why the meal deal only actually saves about 10p?

It is legitimately the worst value value deal on the market !