Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options

colin1961 said:

Igor could not turn or push of from his back leg because of injury that what affected him since Xmas ......

Colin, your lack of understanding of football makes so much more sense now
    Sounds like he's actually been watching Polo.
    More likely has his tongue stuck through one.

• Options
    Arsenal youngsters would be superb if we also bring in a few experienced heads.
  • Options
    As alluded to by our esteemed CEO, I sense we are waiting to see how the play-offs pan out before making our first foray into the close season transfer melee.
  • Options
    No chance of signing him whatsoever

• Options
    ilovelucy said:

As alluded to by our esteemed CEO, I sense we are waiting to see how the play-offs pan out before making our first foray into the close season transfer melee.

Play offs have finished...... In Belgium
  • Options
    Danny Guthrie released by Reading, age 28. He is the sort of midfield player that would improve our team.
  • Options

Danny Guthrie released by Reading, age 28. He is the sort of midfield player that would improve our team.

Thought this myself when I saw it on the BBC this morning... But then remembered that he'd be another Defensive Midfielder...
  • Options

Thought this myself when I saw it on the BBC this morning... But then remembered that he'd be another Defensive Midfielder...
    Well we have precisely one of those at the moment (Diarra who may even end up at CB anyway) unless you consider Jackson and Cousins to be defensive midfielders not simply midfielders who can defend (but are better off further forwards.) Buyens is going to be a big loss, a dedicated DM is not to be dismissed lightly.
  • Options
    Just look at Matic for Chelsea, shows the importance of a DM
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just look at Matic for Chelsea, shows the importance of a DM

Oh am certainly not against having a Defensive Midfielder... I do feel that Cousins is that way orientated i.e. he can sit back / tackle / pass but he cant really create (Same as Diarra who I would either have as backup to Cousins or as Centre-Back)... What we need alongside that type of Midfielder though is someone who gets forward and can create something, almost in the Nicky Bailey mold for us a few years ago or dare I say it, the sort of impact Darren Ambrose had at Crystal Palace a few seasons ago, thats what we were missing from Midfield last season
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Well we have precisely one of those at the moment (Diarra who may even end up at CB anyway) unless you consider Jackson and Cousins to be defensive midfielders not simply midfielders who can defend (but are better off further forwards.) Buyens is going to be a big loss, a dedicated DM is not to be dismissed lightly.
    I don't consider Buyens to be a defensive midfielder, his strengths lie with his passing and vision (and penalty taking), as shown by the vast number of yellow cards he picked up for fouls
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It has been reported that Roland has bought Lens
  • Options
    Here is the link

www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2015-05-22/duchtelet-steekt-een-nieuwe-ploeg-in-zijn-portemonnee
  • Options
    Relegated this year. What happened to them?
  • Options
    A day late for Lens deal by the looks of this. But...gone to Arsenal, our good friends after Coquelin. :wink:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/21/arsenal-agree-3m-transfer-of-rc-lens-youngsters-yassin-fortune-and-jeff-reine-adelaide-5208294/
  • Options
    Can anyone ttanslate the le equipe article on lens
  • Options
    Old quotes from Nick Pope but a Gillingham site suggesting they might sign him on loan

http://gillsconnect.com/s/Gills_News_Desk/Entries/2015/5/23_POSSIBLE_GILLS_COUP_FOR_CHARLTON_GOALIE_NICK_POPE.html?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be a very good catch for them. He'd be the best goalie in that league.
  • Options
    Would like that to be true. A good step up from League Two promotion chasing to mid table as well as being a fairly local base.
  • Options

Would like that to be true. A good step up from League Two promotion chasing to mid table as well as being a fairly local base.

step up? From promotion chasing to mid-table? Thats a step down lol.

Would like him to resign for Bury, season in League 1 would be good for him and us.
  • Options

step up? From promotion chasing to mid-table? Thats a step down lol.

Would like him to resign for Bury, season in League 1 would be good for him and us.
    apologies, completely got mixed up with Gills and AFC Wimbledon for some reason! But yeah move to either Gills or Bury would be really good for all parties.
  • Options
    I presume Paul Scally will have to agree and discuss details with us, that will annoy him
  • Options
    Scallys love a Pope
  • Options

L'Equipe report that Charlton Athletic are in advanced talks with Nantes midfield Vincent Bessat. That would work well imo #FCN #CAFC

— Andrew Gibney (@Gibney_A) May 24, 2015
  • Options
    Replacement for Bulot? Left Midfield is probably our most needed position though, don't want Cousins back out there again.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!