Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:

Some of these names are a bit under-whelming if we are to persuade JBG to sign a new contract. Can't see us recruiting players from Blackpool if this is to happen.

It's May.

The season hasn't ended yet.

And unless I've missed it we've not actually been linked with any of these players.
    Further up the page is the rumour concerning Nathan Delfouneso. Granted it's only a rumour yes but still not the type of signing to tie down JBG.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Some of these names are a bit under-whelming if we are to persuade JBG to sign a new contract. Can't see us recruiting players from Blackpool if this is to happen.

It's May.

And unless I've missed it we've not actually been linked with any of these players.
    Further up the page is the rumour concerning Nathan Delfouneso. Granted it's only a rumour yes but still not the type of signing to tie down JBG.
    Absolutely. Delfouneso's terrible at knots. In football circles it's well known that he can't even tie his own shoelaces. Footballers today.....!
  • Options

Scoham said:

It's May.

Looks like one of those Twitter accounts that copies news from elsewhere and makes up rumours.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    Jed Wallace going to Wolves according to Pompey fans
  • Options

Charlton Athletic have shown heavy interest in Free Agent Nathan Delfouneso #cafc

— Football League Zone (@TheFLZone) May 19, 2015
    He always had potential whilst at Aston Villa and was tipped for big things...

Has seriously lost his way now though and if I were him I'd try to prove myself in League One for a year first to get the reputation back
    really never saw what people saw in him. Every time he was on the pitch for villa he looked so ineffective and lazy.

He's shit
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Igor could not turn or push of from his back leg because of injury that what affected him since Xmas ......

Colin, your lack of understanding of football makes so much more sense now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jed Wallace going to Wolves according to Pompey fans

He's gone to Wolves... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32832437... For just £275k
  • Options
    So far we've been linked with Delfuonso and missed out on Jed Wallace. Not quite the start JBG would be looking for.
  • Options

So far we've been linked with Delfuonso and missed out on Jed Wallace. Not quite the start JBG would be looking for.

One twitter account of no great repute has mentioned a purely speculative link with a player most don't rate that highly anyway... and another player we may or may not have had any real interest in has signed for another club. Don't think anyone can legitimately read a lot into either. The only definite word we've had is that a convicted rapist was never a real target in the first place - not exactly a shocking reveal.
  • Options

I doubt JBG has ever heard of Jed Wallace. Not sure 275k is the sort of player he has in mind either.

I'm sure he'd see his quality after not too long, and the price tag means nothing. JBG was a free after all.
  • Options
    I'm sure Jed Wallace is a good little player but still a punt.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Igor could not turn or push of from his back leg because of injury that what affected him since Xmas ......

Colin, your lack of understanding of football makes so much more sense now
    Sounds like he's actually been watching Polo.
  • Options

Every signing is a punt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Every signing is a punt.
    Some rhyme with it.
  • Options
    Wolves sign Jed Wallace from League Two club Portsmouth on a three-year deal - Kenny Jackett's first summer signing.
  • Options

But Wolves just missed out on the play offs, will be looking to strengthen, so must think he is of the required quality. However I think we will be aiming higher.
  • Options
    And if any of our own current players see ONE (possible but unconfirmed) target go to a different club instead and use that to justify 'lack of ambition' and leave, they were almost certainly going to leave anyway. If we consistently get linked to decent players and land absolutely none of them then it's a relatively credible stance but one player choosing a club with a very good chance of play-offs/promotions over Charlton doesn't show any lack of ambition by our club. If anything, it's the opposite to say that is the level WE want to be at next season.
  • Options
    Dr Kish speculates about a couple of young Arsenal players.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201505&date=20150521&time=1457
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Wolves sign Jed Wallace from League Two club Portsmouth on a three-year deal - Kenny Jackett's first summer signing.

Thanks Colin ;)
  • Options
    Richard J said:

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201505&date=20150521&time=1457

Interesting that Sergei Gnabry gets a mention... Wouldnt be surprised at all if we signed him in some capacity next season
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Gnabry would be the best player in the league if he got loaned to the Championship. Would love him here.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

The Coq loan should earn us plenty of brownie points with all the PL giants

Having a decent pitch helps as well, the quagmire the previous year would be the last place you'd want your young starlets playing on!
  • Options

ross1 said:

Thanks Colin ;)
    So I am a little bit slower than others with information, but better than no information at all:-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!