Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options
    http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/charlton-athletic-enter-talks-to-secure-deal-for-29-year-old-winger

Don't know if anyone's seen this. Claims we are in pole position for his signature
  • Options
    Link won't work. Who is it?
  • Options
    The 5/26/2015 6:11:00 p.m. to | Updated 5/26/2015
    Not having reached an agreement with its leaders, Vincent Bessat will leave FC Nantes. He will be replaced by Wilfried Brestois Moimbé.

Negotiations between Vincent Bessat (29) and Nantes stagnated in recent days, after and had become predictable: Free in June, the converted left lateral middle has found no financial agreement to extend his contract FCN where he arrived in 2011. In contact with Caen, it should reach England as Bolton and Charlton (English D2) the particular covet . Bessat case became a symbol for the Nantes fans, but the club management did not outbid. While his son, general manager Franck Kita, had stopped to talk to the player, the president Waldemar Kita resumed negotiations but they could not succeed: " It would have been exorbitant salaries, the biggest club. There are two inconsistent things we are asked to take a left back and we are asked to renew the contract of Bessat says Waldemar Kita. It took someone with more experience of the job, and who will occupy Olivier Veigneau . "This is the Brestois Moimbé Wilfried (26 years), which may engage freely because it is also out of contract. He should sign in Nantes early in the transfer window.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    No lets talk about ageing ex players instead, bollox to all that moving on;-)
  • Options

Swisdom said:

This shit again!

Who gives a toss - this is about potential new signings - not Roland/Katrien bashing

But if the prodigal son DID return, wouldn't that show that Katrien & Roland regretted letting him go in the first place ? And that they watched, listened,learned and repented ( if that what some fans want to hear) ?

Maybe the hospitality shown to the Cherries on May 2nd has paved the way for a very "special relationship" between our Club .

I think that qualifies as the biggest rumour so far, on a par with M.Duchatelet putting a bid in for RC Lens who could also supply some of the quality we need to push on.

It's going to be hard to improve on last season because you only have eleven players on the pitch and improvements in most positions on what we currently have won't come cheap.

Whether it's Liege, West Ham, Arsenal, AFC Bournemouth or RC Lens our board need to be able to cut deals to bring in quality. As someone posted, FFP loss limits go up next season so the top 12 clubs are able to spend more in an attempt to reach the FAPL.

Something tells me the French contingent in the dressing room is going to grow.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

does that mean we are signing Delort !
  • Options

does that mean we are signing Delort !

Maybe we could start a thread on the topic?
  • Options
    I think I need to update the squad list.

That always results in someone joining or leaving almost as soon as it's done : - )
  • Options

Well he's obviously not because some people do want to talk about it & whether it's a rumours thread or not subjects always get side tracked. Just don't bother reading a comment if you think it's going to annoy you.

How do you know it's going to annoy you before you've read it? Is someone offering classes in precognition?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok here's some 2 + 2 = 514 for you.
    A football agent has tweeted a pic of the valley tonight saying 'just arrived at the valley'.....that Freddy Bulot has retweeted. There to negotiate Fred's three year deal or on the piss in Crossbars....you decide.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

A football agent has tweeted a pic of the valley tonight saying 'just arrived at the valley'.....that Freddy Bulot has retweeted. There to negotiate Fred's three year deal or on the piss in Crossbars....you decide.

Link
  • Options
    I saw that but I'm also aware that there's a game on at The Valley tonight someone's hired the pitch so could be playing.
  • Options

I saw that but I'm also aware that there's a game on at The Valley tonight someone's hired the pitch so could be playing.

Spoilsport! :wink: Couldn't you at least wait for the rumours to really get going before you shoot them down? Otherwise we're in for pages of the Great Kermorgant Debate... again.
  • Options

Well he's obviously not because some people do want to talk about it & whether it's a rumours thread or not subjects always get side tracked. Just don't bother reading a comment if you think it's going to annoy you.

How do you know it's going to annoy you before you've read it? Is someone offering classes in precognition?
    I knew you were going to say that. ;)
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Link
  • Options
    Bulot has also retweeted a couple of fan tweets asking for him to come back.

The obvious assumption is that Matt Seldon is there to negotiate a deal on his behalf...
  • Options
    Probably nothing but the tweet that was retweeted by Bulot was favourited by Laurent Ciman, a centre back who played for Standard. He is playing for Montreal Impact at the moment but I'm not sure if that's a loan or permanent. Either way Belgian, played for Standard and is a centre back. Ticks most of the boxes.

Also not a rumour either but I'd love us to be in for Fabian Castillo from the MLS. Young Colombian player with bags of potential.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Ciman joined Montreal on a 3 year deal in January. Not to say it won't happen...Defoe didn't stay out in the MLS long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lewis Buxton ...
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Lewis Buxton ...

A fair few Swfc fans were annoyed and surprised he wasn't offered a new deal. Bee a loyal servant

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Lewis Buxton ...

Not good enough for The Wendies anymore? = not good enough for us.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Lewis Buxton ...

Is this anywhere other than that one Twitter account? Can't see him being the sort of player we'll be signing.
  • Options
    I can see Buxton signing, decent back up for Solly.
  • Options
    A decent right back at this level, 6 foot 1, so passes the height test, popular with the Wednesday fans, though like Solly has had knee problems recently...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    32 in December, player with plenty of championship experience.
  • Options
    Not a tremendous amount of resale value though which would count against him from the business side of things. RD seems to have unwound enough to actually sign such players but on short terms where we can get rid after a season or so (a la Johnson) which might not appeal to the players who aren't as desperate to play as Johnson was.
  • Options
    Phil chapple earning his core. Keep it up Phil. I'm sure JBG will be impressed.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!